Jump to content
hanam

Fall 2018 Masters of Health Informatics

Recommended Posts

Same, and it's already March 8th :S

Can I also just say thanks to everyone for posting and stuff on here. Having people to freak out with makes this whole process a lot easier lol

Edited by NanBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I decided to join this forum as well because the more of us contribute to it and let others know, if we have heard back, the better. UofT is doing things really late this year as I've heard from people. For example, Queen's has already sent out admissions offers a while ago, a friend was telling me today.

I only applied to Uoft Masters in Health Informatics as well as a graduate diploma in health informatics at a college. Really hoping to hear at least SOMETHING from them soon so I can be mentally prepared for what to do next! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MaryZ said:

Hey guys, I decided to join this forum as well because the more of us contribute to it and let others know, if we have heard back, the better. UofT is doing things really late this year as I've heard from people. For example, Queen's has already sent out admissions offers a while ago, a friend was telling me today.

I only applied to Uoft Masters in Health Informatics as well as a graduate diploma in health informatics at a college. Really hoping to hear at least SOMETHING from them soon so I can be mentally prepared for what to do next! 

I've done a grad diploma a few years back in HI at a college. Looking to get my MHI now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the Mac thread, I don't think they've sent out emails either. Or at least no one has posted about it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys,

I know everyone is really anxious I have been too. I just wanted to pass on that I received an interview offer via email for April 4 for the Masters in Health Informatics at U of T. It looks like a bit a prep work might be involved. It's a 40 min interview process, with a preparation of a five minute presentation on an informatics topic of your choice. There is also a writing component that you cannot prep for, it takes approx 20 mins. I am wishing you all good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck, everyone! I just got mine for April 6th. They changed the interview right? I don't remember it being like this on last year's forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! Good luck to all of you! Haven't heard anything from them yet.

 

Edited by Cloudbank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havent heard anything yet either... kinda worried, I wonder how many interviews they conduct and how the waves are done. Super stressed now. Please keep us updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was accepted to Waterloo MHI program Feb 6th. I just received an email today from McMaster for an interview for next weekend! Quick question, my acceptance letter from waterloo required me to accept or decline their offer no later then 2 weeks after receiving the admission letter. What did everyone else do who is still waiting to hear back from their other schools? I already accepted as I was happy with attending either school, however now that I received an interview  from McMaster I am wondering if I still have options if I were to receive an offer from McMaster. Are there rules to declining once you've already accepted and choosing a different school? Not even sure if I would even consider this, just wondering what my options are incase. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received an interview email from Mac eHealth, still waiting on UofT. I'm going to call and ask if they do phone interviews since Hamilton is a bit far from me right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 2:34 PM, chekz said:

I've done a grad diploma a few years back in HI at a college. Looking to get my MHI now.

Hey if you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to apply for a masters? And what opinions do you hold of college HI programs? Do they prepare you to work in this field?

I personally want a masters because of the programs offer theoretical foundations in information systems and not just applications, the latter of which I am assuming can be gained from college HI.

However, I deeply regret not applying to other universities besides UofT, I just wanted to stay close to home. I wonder how many interview invites they send out per round and if they'll send more Monday. Ugh the cortisol levels are too high right now! :unsure:

Good luck on the interview guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys! I contacted Zoe and she confirmed that she is not done sending out the interview invites yet; the remaining invites will be sent out next week. So hang in there and don't fret just yet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Seait said:

Hi Guys! I contacted Zoe and she confirmed that she is not done sending out the interview invites yet; the remaining invites will be sent out next week. So hang in there and don't fret just yet! 

You saved me from a weekend of moping. Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dardalys said:

Hey Guys,

I know everyone is really anxious I have been too. I just wanted to pass on that I received an interview offer via email for April 4 for the Masters in Health Informatics at U of T. It looks like a bit a prep work might be involved. It's a 40 min interview process, with a preparation of a five minute presentation on an informatics topic of your choice. There is also a writing component that you cannot prep for, it takes approx 20 mins. I am wishing you all good luck!

Congrats. Can you please share what experience do you have prior to applying for MHI program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MERobyn said:

I was accepted to Waterloo MHI program Feb 6th. I just received an email today from McMaster for an interview for next weekend! Quick question, my acceptance letter from waterloo required me to accept or decline their offer no later then 2 weeks after receiving the admission letter. What did everyone else do who is still waiting to hear back from their other schools? I already accepted as I was happy with attending either school, however now that I received an interview  from McMaster I am wondering if I still have options if I were to receive an offer from McMaster. Are there rules to declining once you've already accepted and choosing a different school? Not even sure if I would even consider this, just wondering what my options are incase. 

 

Are you working in health information field already? When did you apply for MHI program?
 

Edited by SARDEEP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.