Future Audiology Class of 2022

KGross12

Has anyone taken an Algebra class online and knows where I can sign up for one???? I just received an email that my algebra class does not suffice for the Prerequisite and I would need to take another algebra class and have it completed before August :S

I would really appreciate any help anyone has!!  

33 minutes ago, cc54 said:

Has anyone taken an Algebra class online and knows where I can sign up for one???? I just received an email that my algebra class does not suffice for the Prerequisite and I would need to take another algebra class and have it completed before August :S

Which school? I have to take an math course too for Salus University but I don’t want to do it yet if I don’t get into their program.

35 minutes ago, cc54 said:

I haven’t taken one online, but I know some community colleges offer a lot of online classes in the summer for basic classes like that. Good luck!

52 minutes ago, cc54 said:

I would definitely check your community college. I know I emailed my program because I never took a math in undergrad I received AP Calculus credit for math. They said my AP Credit would be okay. I would double check what algebra class suffices for the needed credit. 

On 4/10/2018 at 1:55 PM, cc54 said:

Aside from community colleges, also check extension centers for universities and “open universities.” They might offer courses online.

Edited by HearMeOut

On 3/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, futureAuD22 said:

Finally heard back from all of my schools but now I have to make a decision and I am having the most difficult time!

• Bloomsburg's accreditation is currently on probation for their on time graduation rates. Does anyone know how this would affect a student if Iwent there? This is my cheapest option so I would like to keep it in the running.
  • Anyone else accepted to the Long Island consortium, Bloom, or Salus? I was informed that Salus does not have GA positions but they do have student workers but this was more of a negative for me because it would not be enough support.
  • Has anyone thought about working while in grad school? debating options for that as well!

:DAccepted:  Bloomsburg  | St. John's, Hofstra, Adelphi Consortium| Salus 

:mellow: Waitlisted: Montclair

:(Rejected: none 

Withdrawn: UW 

Bloomsburg's current 4th year class (class of 2018) should have a graduation rate of 100%, so their graduation rate for the past 3 years will be over what is required by the CAA according to Bloomsburg's department chair. So hopefully they'll be off probation by the next review! Hope this helps! 

On 4/4/2018 at 2:49 PM, KGross12 said:

Is there anyone that is like me that is still waiting because they have been waitlisted or rejected from a lot of programs? 

I'm waitlisted at University of Maryland. When I emailed them they said I should hear back by April 15th, so...hopefully this week? :unsure: I haven't heard anything from Towson, so I'm assuming that's a rejection.

1 hour ago, SummerPeach said:

I'm waitlisted at University of Maryland. When I emailed them they said I should hear back by April 15th, so...hopefully this week? :unsure: I haven't heard anything from Towson, so I'm assuming that's a rejection.

Good luck!!

I've sent in all of my declines.... GAAAAH. Even though I know I don't want to go to the other schools, it is still extremely nerve wracking. What if I'm making the wrong decision? What if another place would be better...? All I know is that my declines will at least open up some spots for others. UIUC here I come!

Now to start worrying about all the other aspects of grad life, such as housing...

2 hours ago, HearInternationally said:

I've sent in all of my declines.... GAAAAH. Even though I know I don't want to go to the other schools, it is still extremely nerve wracking. What if I'm making the wrong decision? What if another place would be better...? All I know is that my declines will at least open up some spots for others. UIUC here I come!

Now to start worrying about all the other aspects of grad life, such as housing...

I have just done the same thing a few minutes back. It is such a weird feeling, isn't it?

I was just talking to my spouse about it, I I feel like I'm double thinking my decisions even though the program that I accepted (SDSU/UCSD) was the only one that I wanted to go to. 

As you said, on to the next step, housing!

1 hour ago, HearMeOut said:

I have just done the same thing a few minutes back. It is such a weird feeling, isn't it?

I was just talking to my spouse about it, I I feel like I'm double thinking my decisions even though the program that I accepted (SDSU/UCSD) was the only one that I wanted to go to. 

As you said, on to the next step, housing!

I was in the exact same boat on Monday. I knew for weeks where I wanted to go, I got funding from my top program but I was too scared to make a final decision until Monday. I’m hoping I was able to open up waitlist spots for others from the program I declined!

5 minutes ago, KGross12 said:

Well my wait is officially over!! I excited to announce that I will be attending University of Cincinnati in the fall of 2018 for their audiology program!!

I am apparently "out of reactions for the day" so I can't upvote you but that's great!! Congrats!!! 

8 minutes ago, KGross12 said:

Well my wait is officially over!! I excited to announce that I will be attending University of Cincinnati in the fall of 2018 for their audiology program!!

Congratulations! That's great news! My University of Maryland application just changed from "Under Departmental Review" to "Under Graduate Review", which means some sort of decision was made, positive or negative. My heart is beating so hard right now, lol.

13 minutes ago, SummerPeach said:

Congratulations! That's great news! My University of Maryland application just changed from "Under Departmental Review" to "Under Graduate Review", which means some sort of decision was made, positive or negative. My heart is beating so hard right now, lol.

Oh I am praying for you!! I know you will get in!! Pray to god every single day!!

2 hours ago, KGross12 said:

Biggest congratulations! So happy to hear the wonderful news! ??

1 hour ago, AB121212 said:

When do you guys plan to move to your new city (if you need to move)? Right before the semester starts?

I’m still trying to find an apartment. But I’m thinking I’ll look for a lease that starts August 1. That way I’m there a few weeks before classes start. 

3 hours ago, AB121212 said:

When do you guys plan to move to your new city (if you need to move)? Right before the semester starts?

I don’t even know if it’s worth moving closer to UC’s Campus since I am from the suburbs of Cincinnati, I have at least been talking to a potential roommate will be in my class at UC!! 

11 minutes ago, KGross12 said:

I don’t even know if it’s worth moving closer to UC’s Campus since I am from the suburbs of Cincinnati, I have at least been talking to a potential roommate will be in my class at UC!! 

I grew up in Fairfield and I know lots of my high school classmates commute every day to UC from Fairfield/Hamilton. It's definitely doable and you can save unbelievable amounts of money by living with your parents/living farther away. I think it's the best idea! 

Ok, I'm not trying to be rude to anyone, but I'm seeing this come up on the results page a lot. If you have already committed somewhere, take your name off of any waitlists you are still on. By leaving yourself on the waitlist, you are wasting the time of the school and the people who are below you on the waitlist but actually want to go there. It's the polite thing to do.