Future Audiology Class of 2022

KGross12

Okay so I finally got an email from OSU and I am waitlisted! So officially waitlisted at all of my schools. Which it's not a no! So that's good. Now I just have to wait until April! Ugh just more waiting.... 

48 minutes ago, AuD&ChaiTea said:

Okay so I finally got an email from OSU and I am waitlisted! So officially waitlisted at all of my schools. Which it's not a no! So that's good. Now I just have to wait until April! Ugh just more waiting.... 

I feel ya! Being waitlisted is good but I sucks that you have to do more waiting!! I am waitlisted at two schools maybe three!!

@AuD&ChaiTea @KGross12 I'm not sure if this is helpful at all, but I reached out to a program after being waitlisted and it seemed to strengthen my position and show my interest. I was put in touch with the director of the program, who set up a phone call with me to get some more information. A few days after we set up the call, I was invited to the admitted student's day and sent the application for financial aid. I'm still not officially accepted (our phone call is next week), but it seems like actively reaching out initiated some movement for me towards acceptance! 

5 hours ago, AspiringAuD said:

@AuD&ChaiTea @KGross12 I'm not sure if this is helpful at all, but I reached out to a program after being waitlisted and it seemed to strengthen my position and show my interest. I was put in touch with the director of the program, who set up a phone call with me to get some more information. A few days after we set up the call, I was invited to the admitted student's day and sent the application for financial aid. I'm still not officially accepted (our phone call is next week), but it seems like actively reaching out initiated some movement for me towards acceptance! 

That actually sounds like a good idea, what did you say by chance when you first called?

6 hours ago, AspiringAuD said:

That sounds like a great idea!! You actually called them right away after you were notified that you were waitlisted because OU says I can’t call them or email them about my position on the waitlist!

@AuD&ChaiTea @KGross12 I read up on waitlists and how best to approach the situation before reaching out. It's recommended to follow the University's instruction, so if they ask you not to call or email it's definitely better not to! Mine did not provide any instruction other than following up to confirm or deny my spot on the list, so I used my confirmation email as an opportunity to ask a few questions - 1) is the waitlist ranked, if so what number/position am I? 2) are students typically accepted off the waitlist and approximately how many? 3) is there anything I can do to strengthen my application and improve my candidacy at this time? She responded the next day and suggested I email the director of the program, who said she would really enjoy talking to me on the phone next week. I think expressing my interest and taking the time to let them know their offer is important seemed to help in my case, but again if they ask you not to reach out it is probably best to continue waiting. Good luck to you both and I hope you hear back soon!!! 

35 minutes ago, AspiringAuD said:

@AuD&ChaiTea @KGross12 I read up on waitlists and how best to approach the situation before reaching out. It's recommended to follow the University's instruction, so if they ask you not to call or email it's definitely better not to! Mine did not provide any instruction other than following up to confirm or deny my spot on the list, so I used my confirmation email as an opportunity to ask a few questions - 1) is the waitlist ranked, if so what number/position am I? 2) are students typically accepted off the waitlist and approximately how many? 3) is there anything I can do to strengthen my application and improve my candidacy at this time? She responded the next day and suggested I email the director of the program, who said she would really enjoy talking to me on the phone next week. I think expressing my interest and taking the time to let them know their offer is important seemed to help in my case, but again if they ask you not to reach out it is probably best to continue waiting. Good luck to you both and I hope you hear back soon!!! 

Thank you so much! That helps a lot!!

11 hours ago, AspiringAuD said:

Wow this is great!! I will definitely try to do this, thank you so much!!

On 3/1/2018 at 2:58 PM, AuD&ChaiTea said:

I'm not sure what schools exactly you were waitlisted to but it's not exactly a bad place to be, besides the waiting. I have been accepted to multiple programs and although I would love to go to them all, that obviously isn't possible. So I know I for sure will be opening up at least 3 (or more I have a few schools to still hear from) waitlist spots for other students. I'm planning to tell schools as soon as I personally know if I will be declining their admission, so they can give the spot to someone else. So as others are making decisions waitlist spots will be opening up! So hopefully you are near the top of the waitlist!

1 hour ago, Ganthig said:

Has anyone heard from University of the Pacific yet? 

I received an acceptance call on Tuesday and an acceptance email on Wednesday.

Based on last year’s threads and posts about results, it seems that they also accept students without an interview, and those posts were made in the latter part of March.

3 hours ago, HearMeOut said:

I received an acceptance call on Tuesday and an acceptance email on Wednesday.

Based on last year’s threads and posts about results, it seems that they also accept students without an interview, and those posts were made in the latter part of March.

Hi! May I ask when you had your interview, if you did have one? 

On 2/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, echineses said:

I honestly loved it! Everyone was so nice and the program seems so amazing. Plus the city was adorable and affordable, which coming from Austin is a huge plus :lol:

Congrats on your acceptances! That's super exciting :)) Do you know where you're leaning towards going?

I honestly have no idea! I think it will depend on scholarships/assistantships for me. An AuD is so expensive :wacko:

28 minutes ago, stayhappy123 said:

Some how I got accepted to USF, but rejected from NOVA... there is still hope for every single one of you out there. I'm shocked asaf right now!

Congrats I got denied from USF I am so disappointed in these schools not accepting me to their program

10 hours ago, AnAudLife said:

I honestly have no idea! I think it will depend on scholarships/assistantships for me. An AuD is so expensive :wacko:

Omg YUS. So crazy expensive, especially for out of staters :/

6 hours ago, jml2411 said:

Just heard back from SDSU/UCSD, got placed as #8 on their waitlist hahaha I guess I will keep waiting! 

Haha I was waitlisted too, #22. Probs definitely gonna decline the waiting spot.