Future Audiology Class of 2022

KGross12

19 hours ago, KGross12 said:

I keep getting rejected guys from four AuD programs. I am waitlisted for two programs one is UC and one is OU

UC and OU are great schools! I think a lot of people will decline in the next few weeks and then you should be good to go! 

1 hour ago, AB121212 said:

UC and OU are great schools! I think a lot of people will decline in the next few weeks and then you should be good to go! 

Thanks for your kind words :) I will let you know what happens!

49 minutes ago, blondespresso said:

When you decline an acceptance or withdraw from a waitlist what is appropriate to say in the email/how are you phrasing it?

I just sent my first email declining an acceptance. I had attended the university for a program interview. I simply stated that I did not feel as though the university was the correct fit for myself, but i am still planning to pursue my doctor of audiology as I have been admitted to other universities. I was also sure to note that I hope they will give my spot to a student on the wait list that will find ______ university a better fit for themselves. 

I think it's important to thank them for accepting you. But also give a small explanation for your decline, but not too much detail. I threw in the student on the waitlist, because I know there were a lot of students that probably want to attend that specific program so I would love to open up that spot for them!

2 hours ago, jml2411 said:

Wow I can’t believe UW is closing their program... I just received the e-mail today. Does anyone know why?? 

Yeah I was shook. It's just so sudden and completely bizarre 

3 hours ago, jml2411 said:

Wow I can’t believe UW is closing their program... I just received the e-mail today. Does anyone know why?? 

22 minutes ago, echineses said:

Yeah I was shook. It's just so sudden and completely bizarre 

2 hours ago, HearMeOut said:

Here's their explanation:

https://sphsc.washington.edu/doctor-audiology-aud-1

Quite a big surprise when I read both the email and the website!

I know right! This came out of no where, especially since the program was ranked really high in the nation. I wonder how much they will be refunding for our application fees..... will it be 85(application)+27(gre fee)? or just 85. Does any one know?

1 hour ago, AUDandCats said:

I know right! This came out of no where, especially since the program was ranked really high in the nation. I wonder how much they will be refunding for our application fees..... will it be 85(application)+27(gre fee)? or just 85. Does any one know?

Your GRE was only 27?? Mine was like over 200. Plus a transcript fee of 20... 

7 hours ago, echineses said:

The GRE was $27 to send additional scores besides the 4 they give you on test day. The actual test was indeed $205 or some odd number.

3 hours ago, FutureAuD8 said:

The GRE was $27 to send additional scores besides the 4 they give you on test day. The actual test was indeed $205 or some odd number.

hi, do you have any update on memphis other than "the middle of march" spill they keep saying?

48 minutes ago, audioisdaway@go said:

hi, do you have any update on memphis other than "the middle of march" spill they keep saying?

Nope, I haven’t reached out to them though. I’m hoping next week! 

17 hours ago, echineses said:

9 hours ago, FutureAuD8 said:

Yea, for me it was an additional score report so I paid $205 for the GRE and an extra $27 to send it to uw-seattle plus the $85 fee. 

Those of you that applied to University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida what are your stats like junior/senior average gpa and GRE scores? Do you think there’s a chance with a 3.5 average gpa for junior/senior year and low GRE scores?

20 hours ago, Oddiology said:

I saw that at least a couple of people have been accepted today... But I haven't heard anything! Super nervous over here. Have you heard anything? 

Yes, I was accepted yesterday with a GA position, but I am most likely turning it down! 

I'll be heading to the University of Illinois's Open House as well as Northwestern's Open House this weekend! (Friday and Monday, respectively). I'll also be going to Rush's on the 30th! Hope to see some friendly faces! :) 

Edited by Taritai

I've received all my acceptances, now the struggle with making the decisions. So far I have two schools that are offering funding, so... definitely weighing the options. I'm trying to decide as quickly as possible, as I know people will be eager to take the spots I open up.

5 hours ago, Taritai said:

I'll be heading to the University of Illinois's Open House as well as Northwestern's Open House this weekend! (Friday and Monday, respectively). I'll also be going to Rush's on the 30th! Hope to see some friendly faces! :) 

University of Illinois! I was there last week (I live out of the country) and they were super friendly. They were also really well prepared to answer questions and were more than happy to give me as much information as possible to help me make my decision. I am really curious about how many students will be at the Open House though, as they had a rather small incoming class last year.

Best of luck to everyone!

On 3/13/2018 at 10:08 AM, AB121212 said:

Sweet! I'll see you there! My husband and I are treating it like a mini-vacation and going to Chicago on Saturday for St. Patrick's Day!

Ah fun, it's going to be a solo trip for me! Looking forward to exploring Chicago for sure!