2018 Acceptance/Rejection Thread

mynameismyname

4 minutes ago, Needle In The Hay said:

I was rejected at ND and I know someone whose first and last names both come before mine alphabetically and who has not heard back.

I apologize if my post seemed to insinuate that ND sends out notifications alphabetically. I was only sharing an additional part of the frustration with admissions, whereby one is mislead into thinking they are safe, and especially when one isn't sure how any given program notifies from year to year. It *could* apply to ND, but I didn't have that specifically in mind. My bad. 

8 minutes ago, shadowyBeing said:

I apologize if my post seemed to insinuate that ND sends out notifications alphabetically. I was only sharing an additional part of the frustration with admissions, whereby one is mislead into thinking they are safe, and especially when one isn't sure how any given program notifies from year to year. It *could* apply to ND, but I didn't have that specifically in mind. My bad. 

No worries! Just thought my last comment would be a useful data point.

5 hours ago, soproperlybasic said:

I'm thinking about calling Rutgers to ask whether all their acceptances and waitlists have gone out...maybe Monday?

It's killing me, I need to know now...

I'm in the same boat, lol.

How are those who have been rejected by Notre Dame notified--by e-mail or website? I have not received any e-mail (perhaps due to the e-mail being relegated to Spambox and deleted there), neither does the website have any updates.

Those who got the e-mail, does the website reflect the decision yet?

Edited by quinessloopypun

3 hours ago, quinessloopypun said:

How are those who have been rejected by Notre Dame notified--by e-mail or website? I have not received any e-mail (perhaps due to the e-mail being relegated to Spambox and deleted there), neither does the website have any updates.

Those who got the e-mail, does the website reflect the decision yet?

Email to check site.

4 hours ago, prtrbd said:

The list now has seven of the six Cornell acceptances.

Perhaps Professor Brennan meant he was trying to form a class of six.

Hahaha that is hilarious. The phrasing really did seem like they accepted six, but it would make more sense that they'd accept a few more in the interest of getting six to commit. 

Trying to figure out if Harvard is finished sending acceptances - did anyone who is working in Early Modern receive a call or email? It looks like people are being contacted by their POI, so if anyone has been contacted by Jeffrey McDonough or Alison Simmons, please let me know!

Edited by shifgrethor

10 minutes ago, shifgrethor said:

Trying to figure out if Harvard is finished sending acceptances - did anyone who is working in Early Modern receive a call or email? It looks like people are being contacted by their POI, so if anyone has been contacted by Jeffrey McDonough or Alison Simmons, please let me know!

I'm holding on to hope as well but 6 acceptances have already been reported, which is already much more than for previous years. So I'm starting to think it's unlikely many more acceptances are left for them to send out.

Anyone else received an acceptance from Western Ontario? There's one reported on the listing but I was wondering if any others went out, since UWO traditionally releases all (or most of) their acceptances on the same day. 

Edited by eigenname

14 minutes ago, eigenname said:

Anyone else received an acceptance from Western Ontario? There's one reported on the listing but I was wondering if any others went out, since UWO traditionally releases all (or most of) their acceptances on the same day. 

Another one is up. Folks might be slow adding, so I say give it a few hours.