Jump to content

2018 Acceptance/Rejection Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Dasein said:

I may just be way behind the times, but @Neither Here Nor There just told me that Boston College acceptances have been out for quite a while now. @LORDBACON, @Needle In The Hay, I feel like you guys were waiting to hear back from them too? I take it we're all more or less rejected at this point.

I was, indeed, rejected. And yes, I was surprised when you were asking about BC acceptances, since they were released a long time ago. I figured you must have been asking about a second wave of acceptances after that. If you have not heard back then it is possible you are on a waitlist, but bear in mind they send out their notifications by snail mail, so your proximity to Boston might be a factor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG I was staring at the wrong place: I was hoping to talk to you on the phone, but since you might not be in the US, I wasn’t sure when would be the best time to call. So let me start by at

Update: Accepted to Michigan. 

Dear All, Yesterday I received a response from my solicitation to Prof Sensen at Tulane. I have not been accepted there, which means that I have been shut out this season. I reckon I should have

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Needle In The Hay said:

I was, indeed, rejected. And yes, I was surprised when you were asking about BC acceptances, since they were released a long time ago. I figured you must have been asking about a second wave of acceptances after that. If you have not heard back then it is possible you are on a waitlist, but bear in mind they send out their notifications by snail mail, so your proximity to Boston might be a factor.

Ah, ok. Well, I emailed Jean-Luc Solère about it today, so we'll see. : P

Edited by Rose-Colored Dasein
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rose-Colored Dasein said:

I may just be way behind the times, but @Neither Here Nor There just told me that Boston College acceptances have been out for quite a while now. @LORDBACON, @Needle In The Hay, I feel like you guys were waiting to hear back from them too? I take it we're all more or less rejected at this point.

Boston C. got back to me with the solicited rejection news and said the letter was in the mail. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2018 at 10:02 AM, RussellsPipe said:

When did you get the news about Simon Fraser, if I may? Still waiting on them.

I’m not the original poster, but I was accepted on 3/3. I didn’t post it because I got very disillusioned with this whole process. 

———

I see they responded and I should have just read on! Sorry, and I hope you hear from them soon! 

Edited by totorotaro
Posted too early
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GuanilosIsland said:

Has anyone else heard from Georgia State about their waitlist? I wish they could give some indication of where one is on it. (But alas I understand why they can't.)

For the record, I'm very much leaning toward declining my GSU offer, but I have to hear about funding from another program, which may not happen until right upon the week of April 15th. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dormouse said:

Accepted to Tulane! 

Congrats! I’ve been waiting with bated breath to hear back from Tulane, they’re my top choice. What was the notification method? And what’s your AOI?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prtrbd said:

Well, it's March 15th and they don't seem to have waitlisted or rejected anybody, as far as I can tell.

I don't think they'll do any of that until enough offer holders who don't intend to go start rejecting their offers (like Big Modality has helpfully done!), and that won't happen until much later I imagine. Still holding out hope though. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, firefoxquantum said:

Does Umass Lowell still consider applications this late?

Hi! You may be in the wrong thread. As far as I know, they don't have a graduate program in philosophy, and UMass Amherst is the only MA state school with a philosophy graduate program. I may be wrong, but that's the impression that I've had.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 12:46 PM, MishaPanda said:

Congrats! I’ve been waiting with bated breath to hear back from Tulane, they’re my top choice. What was the notification method? And what’s your AOI?

Thank you! I struck out last application season and I've only been waitlisted so far, so I'm absolutely thrilled. I received an email from Oliver Sensen stating that I was accepted and that I would get the formal acceptance and funding details soon. My AOI is bioethics. I know a lot of people here shit on the NYU MA in Bioethics program but I don't think I would have gotten into Tulane without being in that program. I hope you hear good news soon!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.