Master of teaching OISE 2018

Saf88

3 hours ago, SoooImpatient said:

I really think the chances of getting in are slim at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining people are also offered waitlist status just because they don't want to outright decline them after making them wait so long. I applied for all divisions and was waitlisted for all divisions. They sent me an email with a link to the status on the online application. It had the letters there for me to download. 

I just got waitlisted yesterday afternoon. I emailed someone to inquire about the reasoning for this and they said "well-qualified candiants were waitlisted due to space". They also said they can't talk about the reasoning for a decision until a final decision is actually made. This fustrates me so much.. I am just thinking they already reached max acceptances and waitlisted the rest.. which isn't fair. Since clearly we have the academic criteria as we weren't rejected. Also, I agree with you-- people who haven't recieved a response yet will most likely also be waitlisted as they have reached max acceptance since there is a waitlist to begin with. I was told that there is a "high chance" of being admitted.. but idk what this even means. We had to wait literally so long (2 months past March 31st) just to be said we are on the waitlist.. so more waiting.. 3 more months of waiting to be exact (until mid-August). Waiting is extremely stressful, they should expand the program. 

Edited by Jules24

Considering how incredibly fustrating it is to be waitlisted I am still greatful for having some kind of chance. 

For whoever gets waitlisted, if you visit this website: https://ro.oise.utoronto.ca/RO_Stats.htm

It tells you the stats the program in the past year has had. They sent out about 800 offers to the MT program, and about 400 accepted their offer. So either they over accept, or there is a still a good chance for the waitlisted people to get in (as they would have 400 more spaces open if they dont over accept-- this also would mean that for example,  if 400 people were on a waitlist, then technically 400 people would be offered admission from this waitlist since at the beginning they offered 800 seats..)

I've tried to look for threads online about people who got waitlisted and who actually got into the MT program in the past but I've had no luck.  Anyone know anyone who have gotten in from the waitlist?  

Anyways, I hope this gives us a little more hope. So far on this forum I think there is 3 of us who got waitlisted. 

Edited by Jules24

8 hours ago, Jules24 said:

Considering how incredibly fustrating it is to be waitlisted I am still greatful for having some kind of chance. 

For whoever gets waitlisted, if you visit this website: https://ro.oise.utoronto.ca/RO_Stats.htm

It tells you the stats the program in the past year has had. They sent out about 800 offers to the MT program, and about 400 accepted their offer. So either they over accept, or there is a still a good chance for the waitlisted people to get in (as they would have 400 more spaces open if they dont over accept-- this also would mean that for example,  if 400 people were on a waitlist, then technically 400 people would be offered admission from this waitlist since at the beginning they offered 800 seats..)

I've tried to look for threads online about people who got waitlisted and who actually got into the MT program in the past but I've had no luck.  Anyone know anyone who have gotten in from the waitlist?  

Anyways, I hope this gives us a little more hope. So far on this forum I think there is 3 of us who got waitlisted. 

I got waitlisted as well... I'm excited because it isn't a rejection, but I feel like it's bitter sweet. Hopefully people reject their offers so we can get in :( But at least we finally got somewhat of a decision!

2 hours ago, thegoldenoreo said:

I was just accepted today after feeling like all that was left was the wait list. So there is still hope!

Congrats! What subjects and division are you in? When did you apply?

Edited by Jules24

2 hours ago, Jules24 said:

Congrats! What subjects and division are you in? When did you apply?

Thank you! English and History for Intermediate/Senior. I applied Nov 14th, just before the deadline.

20 minutes ago, thegoldenoreo said:

Thank you! English and History for Intermediate/Senior. I applied Nov 14th, just before the deadline.

Nice! What was your GPA for your year before last year? if you don't mind me asking. I'm thinking this is why I may have been waitlisted. 

I applied a few weeks before the deadline and all my references sent in their replies a few days before Nov 15!  WHAT A LONG WAIT! I just got accepted today!

Intermediate/Senior, Science and French. I have an A- average.

I thought I was getting rejected for sure. It seems like the people who get accepted early all have chem and bio as their undergrads/teachables.

13 hours ago, Jules24 said:

Nice! What was your GPA for your year before last year? if you don't mind me asking. I'm thinking this is why I may have been waitlisted. 

3.24 GPA, I was worried it wouldn't be high enough.

hey guys, I also recently got an acceptance for primary/junior division. I understand that the deadline to accept the offer is within 3 weeks from the date of the letter, but the deposit is due on June 1st. Does anyone know the deposit deadline for those that got their acceptances in the past few days?

4 hours ago, MaSK said:

hey guys, I also recently got an acceptance for primary/junior division. I understand that the deadline to accept the offer is within 3 weeks from the date of the letter, but the deposit is due on June 1st. Does anyone know the deposit deadline for those that got their acceptances in the past few days?

According to https://www.oise.utoronto.ca/orss/Newly_Admitted_Students/Respond_to_your_offer_of_admission.html

"Occasionally an offer of admission is presented very close to the June 1 deadline or later. If so, the tuition deposit should be paid within seven business days from the date on the offer of admission."

6 hours ago, MaSK said:

Ask RO and confirm with them.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:37 PM, MaSK said:

MaSK, when did you submit all your documents? 

Two weeks before the deadline... but it was on the day after the due date that they literally received all my documents cuz I had to have my reference letters mailed to uto..idk what happened .this status remained the same  for  ... believe it or not .. more than four months !  Am I on the waitlist ??

22 minutes ago, Saf88 said:

When did you apply?

Two weeks before the deadline... but it was on the day after the due date that they literally received all my documents cuz I had to have my reference letters mailed to uto..idk what happened .this status remained the same  for  ... believe it or not .. more than four months !  Am I on the waitlist ??

2 hours ago, lydiali said:

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but they would inform you if you are on the waitlist. 

It'll be the first tomorrow. Waiting sure is hard!

On 6/1/2018 at 2:38 AM, Saf88 said:

When did you apply?

thanks for telling me this . At least I m ready for the rejection (if they can send me an official email to inform me of the result , I d appreciated that )and don’t need to live in limbo, which is quite crazy..

On 5/31/2018 at 2:35 PM, lydiali said:

Applied for MT program but haven’t received an email and my application status is still ‘under review’.?

There is no point in checking the SGS website.
I got my acceptance from March 1st last year, and it still shows as "under review" to this day.

SGS OISE.png

18 hours ago, Jackson8918 said:

There is no point in checking the SGS website.
I got my acceptance from March 1st last year, and it still shows as "under review" to this day.

So should we just wait? or contact them?

hello..im going into third year and i'm interested in MT intermediate/senior for social science and english..i'm a bit worried about the volunteer and work experience...i was wondering what kind of work and volunteer you all did and how many hours is considered sufficient or do you recommend....i do not have much experience right now esp with paid experience..thanks in advance!