Master of teaching OISE 2018

Saf88

7 minutes ago, clinicaldreamer said:

Hey! Anyone else waiting to get interviewed for the MA program at OISE or have they been interviewed already? When did you get interviewed?

Not to speak for anyone else, but I was interviewed on February 3rd!

13 hours ago, clinicaldreamer said:

Hey! Anyone else waiting to get interviewed for the MA program at OISE or have they been interviewed already? When did you get interviewed?

I also got interviewed for the PBI stream on January 27th. 

1 hour ago, Saf88 said:

MT applicants,  any news?

I found out how to sign into acorn!

I've just been mentally preparing for some news on the first of March. A friend of mine told me that we should be expecting an e-mail although I was expecting snail mail. Have you heard anything yet? 

16 hours ago, statusquo said:

I've just been mentally preparing for some news on the first of March. A friend of mine told me that we should be expecting an e-mail although I was expecting snail mail. Have you heard anything yet? 

No, I am still waiting as well. Everytime I get a notification on my phone, I get anxious! I guess no one has heard anything yet. 

On 2/20/2018 at 5:29 PM, statusquo said:

if you've been unofficially accepted, does acorn show you enrolled in a program by any chance?

Hey everyone just found this forum! Just logged into my acorn and it says under registration that I'm "invited" to the pj mt program. Wondering if this is any indication of getting in? Also when I click programs on acorn it says enrolled for mt 

12 hours ago, bb1913 said:

Hey everyone just found this forum! Just logged into my acorn and it says under registration that I'm "invited" to the pj mt program. Wondering if this is any indication of getting in? Also when I click programs on acorn it says enrolled for mt 

I think it is.  Congratulations!  ☺

12 hours ago, bb1913 said:

I agree with Saf, congratulations!!!!

38 minutes ago, Emm1994 said:

Congrats!! Anyone else got anything on ACORN? I can’t see anything. Hopefully that’s not bad news ?

Thanks for asking the question!  I feel better knowing I am not the only one that doesn't see anything on ACORN!! 

Edited by Saf88

I just checked ACORN and my MACSE application says "invited" and MT for primary/ junior says "financially cancelled". Under "programs" it also lists the MT program and says "enrolled". I think that this may be an indication of acceptance? I already received an email from the program liaison for the MA program on Feb 14th indicating that I have been accepted. I am also not a current U of T student but I work for U of T in the summer which is why I had access to my ACORN account. Best of luck to everyone!!!!!

Hi!

On my ACORN under programs it says MT - I don't see anything about being "invited". It is under the heading "currently enrolled" but it is not directly under this heading, as I am currently enrolled in an MSc program at U of T. The MT listing follows my MSc program.

It says "program fee - regulated, Start session Fall 2018, Requrement session Fall 2018"

SGS still says "under review".

Sorry everyone, I have one more question for you.

This may not be the place but I'm grasping at straws.

I've been having a difficult time justifying the tuition of a Master of Teaching compared to a Bachelor of Education from York. It is nearly 8000 more, to start off.

How did you decide upon the Master of Teaching, if you applied to a bachelor of Education elsewhere?

I'd love to hear from you all.