Master of teaching OISE 2018

Saf88

2 hours ago, tennnnnn said:

hello...to those who got accepted...did you guys have a full 5 credit courseload? thanks in advance!

Yes. It’s can even go up to 6 credits if you apply for catholic school board accreditation.

Classes go M, W, Thr. From 9am-noon, and then 1-4pm. Reglious education (6th optional class) go from 5-8pm Monday’s.

21 hours ago, Jackson8918 said:

Yes. It’s can even go up to 6 credits if you apply for catholic school board accreditation.

Classes go M, W, Thr. From 9am-noon, and then 1-4pm. Reglious education (6th optional class) go from 5-8pm Monday’s.

Classes are only 3 days a week? Are there any other school commitments on the Tuesday and Friday (other than studying etc)?

Edited by hopeoise

Also, since I got accepted in late June, they haven't processed my tuition deposit yet. So far, I am not enrolled in any courses, and from what I understand, they automatically register first year students into all courses, can someone please confirm this? If not, how do I register for classes?

8 hours ago, hopeoise said:

Classes are only 3 days a week? Are there any other school commitments on the Tuesday and Friday (other than studying etc)?

Study??? :huh:  *Insert meme here*

In all seriousness, there isn't anything to study for. We teachers make our students do all that. There are lots of readings, essays and presentations, but there aren't any exams or tests to study for. With Tuesdays and Fridays off, most people find part-time work, do internships, or voluntarily extend their practicums across these weekdays.

8 hours ago, hopeoise said:

Also, since I got accepted in late June, they haven't processed my tuition deposit yet. So far, I am not enrolled in any courses, and from what I understand, they automatically register first year students into all courses, can someone please confirm this? If not, how do I register for classes?

That is correct, you don't need to register for classes as first year. Virtually all classes are chosen for you, with the exception of 2 electives in year 2.

On 6/18/2018 at 12:30 AM, Jackson8918 said:

Check out this page

Hello Jackson8918, 

I looked at the page you linked above for p/j and from what I understand 385 ppl were offered admission of which 175 accepted and 173 actually attended. Is that correct? 

Does that mean we have a chance? Can anyone offer any useful information? 

11 hours ago, Saf88 said:

Hello Jackson8918, 

I looked at the page you linked above for p/j and from what I understand 385 ppl were offered admission of which 175 accepted and 173 actually attended. Is that correct? 

Does that mean we have a chance? Can anyone offer any useful information? 

Yup, you are right.

I believe we had new people coming into our cohort 2 weeks into the program. Both of them were previously waitlisted.

I believe they stop accepting wait lists after that though, since missed evaluations and assignments will accrue.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:09 AM, Jackson8918 said:

Study??? :huh:  *Insert meme here*

In all seriousness, there isn't anything to study for. We teachers make our students do all that. There are lots of readings, essays and presentations, but there aren't any exams or tests to study for. With Tuesdays and Fridays off, most people find part-time work, do internships, or voluntarily extend their practicums across these weekdays.

That is correct, you don't need to register for classes as first year. Virtually all classes are chosen for you, with the exception of 2 electives in year 2.

Hi! Thank you for always answering questions and being so helpful.

I have a question about registration. Right now it says "Invited" on my Acorn account and I already sent the $300 deposit before June 1st. Is there anything else that I need to do on Acorn? I see my fees in red now, but it's mid July and still no courses are up for me. I don't know if I am missing something or if I should have done anything else! 

1 hour ago, HopingToTeach1231 said:

Hi! Thank you for always answering questions and being so helpful.

I have a question about registration. Right now it says "Invited" on my Acorn account and I already sent the $300 deposit before June 1st. Is there anything else that I need to do on Acorn? I see my fees in red now, but it's mid July and still no courses are up for me. I don't know if I am missing something or if I should have done anything else! 

Same. I can't see my courses or my timetable yet. I e-mailed them and they said it takes time for this info to show up. I also double-checked with them that they will automatically register us into our first year courses. What is so frustrating is not knowing how many days of classes do we have per week. I know Jackson8918 said that classes are only 3 days a week which is great because that means I can actually find a decent part-time job, but I can't confirm this information anywhere. In the Student Handbook 2018, it states:

• Classes will be scheduled five days per week. Full participation (and attendance) is expected in all activities associated with the Master of Teaching program (classes, practicum, conferences, special events, etc.) and is required for success.

If someone has their timetable already, can you please share it with us so we can get a sense of our week? 

When is the deadline to pay tuition? 

Also, is there a fb group? That would be really helpful. 

Edited by hopeoise

12 hours ago, hopeoise said:

Classes will be scheduled five days per week. Full participation (and attendance) is expected in all activities associated with the Master of Teaching program (classes, practicum, conferences, special events, etc.) and is required for success.

I am pretty certain this is not true, unless they are overhauling the entire schedule for MT this upcoming year.

Here's a sample of my timetable from October, as provided by OISE's pepper platform.
Note that red = events and activities which are optional.

pepper.png

4 hours ago, tennnnnn said:

oh i meant when you were applying did you have a 5 credit courseload for your 4th year 

I actually overloaded with 6.0 load in my final year at UofT.  

I don't think it really mattered in the end though, as long as you are taking reasonable amount of credits (>4.0), it should be ok. 

Hello,

I was hoping that someone would be able to give me some information in regards to this, as I have scoured the internet and cannot find any information on it.

I finished a Bachelor of Commerce a couple of years ago. My final year gpa is rather low (2.7... not great, I know). I took 5 courses in French and 1 math course during my undergad and performed comparatively well in all of them. 

I would really love to get into MT I/S program with teachables in french and math. I am wondering if I take courses at Athabasca University (online) in math and french outside of a degree program (or only complete 1 year of a degree), would that be considered as my "final" year gpa? Or would I have to complete a second undergraduate degree to be able to apply in to the MT program?

Any info/advice is greatly appreciated! :)

So i emailed them last friday, making it the 3rd email to be sent since may.

And again, I go the same reply 

its almost august, there are life-related decisions must be taken. They have to take that into consideration.

Should I pursue other things, or is there still some hope???

IMG_9185.jpg

On 7/23/2018 at 2:49 PM, Ab1643 said:

So i emailed them last friday, making it the 3rd email to be sent since may.

And again, I go the same reply 

its almost august, there are life-related decisions must be taken. They have to take that into consideration.

Should I pursue other things, or is there still some hope???

IMG_9185.jpg

I feel the same! 

Congratulations! Better than rejection, I guess...

Jules24 and I have been trying to figure out the answer to this question for the past few weeks and so far, from what we know, no one has been accepted yet. Maybe after all decisions are sent out, they will start accepting ppl on waitlist.