Master of teaching OISE 2018

Saf88

1 hour ago, bb1913 said:

I am in an province student !! Yes it was dated for today ! I also applied for P/J so maybe they're sending out admissions by stream ? 

Hmm...i hope not because I also applied for P/J ?

Is there anyone that heard back for streams other than P/J? 

Edited by Saf88

2 hours ago, hopeoise said:

I find it really interesting that they're STILL accepting applications for the MT for the 2018-2019 year. Have they not received enough applications or what? :/ 

Maybe they need more teacher candidates in a specific specialty (within a stream)? Just speculation 

Edited by HopefulTeacher101

4 hours ago, HopefulTeacher101 said:

Maybe they need more teacher candidates in a specific specialty (within a stream)? Just speculation 

Hmmm...If that was the case then they would only be accepting applications for that specific stream.  I know this because I saw this last year or the year before that.

Edited by Saf88

6 hours ago, hopeoise said:

I find it really interesting that they're STILL accepting applications for the MT for the 2018-2019 year. Have they not received enough applications or what? :/ 

Ha! I thought that was really odd too. I also think it might be because they don't have enough applicants. I hope that means we all get accepted!

Edited by Saf88

9 hours ago, hopeoise said:

sorry, but i don't get your comment Didn't they just start accepting on thursday...

1 hour ago, Phoenix1781 said:

sorry, but i don't get your comment Didn't they just start accepting on thursday...

Accepting applications to be submitted, not sending out offers of acceptance. If you go on their website, you will see that they're still accepting applications to be submitted for next year. So people can still apply to be admitted now, even though they have already started accepting people who submitted their applications in November. 

2 hours ago, hopeoise said:

Accepting applications to be submitted, not sending out offers of acceptance. If you go on their website, you will see that they're still accepting applications to be submitted for next year. So people can still apply to be admitted now, even though they have already started accepting people who submitted their applications in November. 

yikes... that is peculiar... I don't know if that's a good sign for the people who haven't gotten news yet or not... Thanks for the clarification

Edited by Phoenix1781

4 minutes ago, worriedstudent2123232 said:

you didnt get any email or mail?

Not yet. My understanding is that it will be sent via snail mail. In years past they hardly ever did it through email. 

1 hour ago, writethebeats said:

Checked ACORN (just made an account... oops) and it says "Invited" under the J/I stream! Taking that as an acceptance!

Congratulations! I guess your acceptance confirms that they are not sending offers by stream. 

26 minutes ago, Teachingintoronto said:

But you did not get an email??  This seems strange.  I’m thinking a call to UofT should resolve all this confusion 

Please update us on any useful information :)

5 hours ago, worriedstudent2123232 said:

when i go under acorn i see nothing there! do i have to add the program or something? 

I didn't add anything! I had been checking multiple times a day and around Feb 22 I noticed that it had automatically changed from saying nothing at all to showing the program name with "invited" beside it.

Hi! I have invited under my degree registration status  as well (not MT but a MA at OISE for education policy) but I have nothing in my enrolement/program. Does anyone else have just the word invited but literally nothing else to go off of?

It seems most people have both invited and enrolled (under program). 

Thanks! 

19 minutes ago, elizabethstewart111 said:

Hi! I have invited under my degree registration status  as well (not MT but a MA at OISE for education policy) but I have nothing in my enrolement/program. Does anyone else have just the word invited but literally nothing else to go off of?

It seems most people have both invited and enrolled (under program). 

Thanks! 

where do u see the degree registration status?