Master of teaching OISE 2018

Saf88

4 minutes ago, teachthecroissantlingo said:

I know, I'm an S. Hoping for a reply this week! 

I'm a C, but what makes you guys think they are going alphabetically? Also, I don't even think they've began sending invites for the I/S stream...

3 hours ago, Ocean28 said:

Have you received your official offer letter for the MACSE program yet?

All three official letters (MT and MACSE) were attached to my SGS profile.

Edited by writethebeats

1 hour ago, MaSK said:

Did anyone that applied after the November 15th deadline (January or February) hear back yet? Or are they just accepting the people that applied before the Nov 15th deadline for now?

I applied in late Jan. I don't think they're going alphabetically. From what I can tell, everyone who got accepted here applied by the Nov. deadline. Also, I read somewhere on the site that you shouldn't expect a decision unless at least 6 weeks have passed from the day you have submitted your application, and never before march 1. 

7 minutes ago, lafillebavarde said:

Y-a-t'il d'autres ici avec le français pour un des teachables ? Moi j'attends encore des nouvelles pour I/S...ça fait presque quatre mois que j'ai envoyé tous mes docs.

moi aussi, le francais est un de mes teachables, j'ai envoye mes docs en novembre mais je suis encore en train d'attendre

Check your ACORN to see if it says ‘invited’ beside the program you applied to.  You can find this on the ‘dashboard’ in ACORN.  I’m not a UofT student and was able to log in through the JOINid user and password I made back when we got an email to create an account.  If it says ‘invited’, then you have a good indication you have been accepted and an invitation is on the way.  Good luck everyone!!

3 minutes ago, Teachingintoronto said:

Check your ACORN to see if it says ‘invited’ beside the program you applied to.  You can find this on the ‘dashboard’ in ACORN.  I’m not a UofT student and was able to log in through the JOINid user and password I made back when we got an email to create an account.  If it says ‘invited’, then you have a good indication you have been accepted and an invitation is on the way.  Good luck everyone!!

But if ‘invited’ is not there I cannot say that it means you are not accepted...I do not know if that’s true!

3 hours ago, Teachingintoronto said:

I’m a UofT alum and my dashboard on ACORN doesn’t say anything. 

10 hours ago, hopeoise said:

I applied in late Jan. I don't think they're going alphabetically. From what I can tell, everyone who got accepted here applied by the Nov. deadline. Also, I read somewhere on the site that you shouldn't expect a decision unless at least 6 weeks have passed from the day you have submitted your application, and never before march 1. 

I applied in early January so it has been over 6 weeks. I'm hoping to hear back from them by mid-March.

I just got the email for acceptances to both MT and MA-CSE programs! Just wanna know which program are you guys choosing over the two and why? I'm having trouble deciding which one to go with since they're both so good. I went to the welcome reception for MACSE and asked around about research and they did say that I have the option of doing a QRP and pursue higher studies if I want which is what I was considering MT for... so which one is better really?

19 hours ago, atherudespoon said:

I just got the email for acceptances to both MT and MA-CSE programs! Just wanna know which program are you guys choosing over the two and why? I'm having trouble deciding which one to go with since they're both so good. I went to the welcome reception for MACSE and asked around about research and they did say that I have the option of doing a QRP and pursue higher studies if I want which is what I was considering MT for... so which one is better really?

I don’t think that one is better than the other necessarily. I think it’s about what is the best fit for you. I really enjoyed the overall vibe that I got from the current students and faculty in the MA program both during my interview and at the welcome reception. I also like the fact that there is a strong emphasis on child development in the MA program. The structure of the courses is also interesting to me as you have placement for the mornings and class in the afternoon, whereas I think the MT program’s course layout is slightly different. Hope this helps :)

5 hours ago, Ocean28 said:

I don’t think that one is better than the other necessarily. I think it’s about what is the best fit for you. I really enjoyed the overall vibe that I got from the current students and faculty in the MA program both during my interview and at the welcome reception. I also like the fact that there is a strong emphasis on child development in the MA program. The structure of the courses is also interesting to me as you have placement for the mornings and class in the afternoon, whereas I think the MT program’s course layout is slightly different. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely got a good vibe there too. Do you think in terms of doing a Ph.D or pursuing higher studies, MT would be better? just because I've heard that it requires a research paper and the program is designed to help you conduct research with little/no background in it, whereas the MA doesn't and it seems to focus more on practicums rather than research. But I do have to say I like the sound of having a Masters of arts, rather than a Masters of teaching at the same time. I guess I just wanna keep my options open for later if I decide to study further...