Chemical Engineering PhD Fall 2018 Application Results

Excelsior!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Excelsior! said:

I haven't heard any answer for almost a month, and it is getting quite late in the game, but it is really weird. I am waiting for 5 answers and it would be nice if they sent something.

I called Janice at GaTech and she said all of the acceptances would be sent out by the end of this month. I'm not sure whether this means they have all been sent out by now or they are just waiting, but I too am anxious for GaTech!

16 minutes ago, LonelyPoet1 said:

I called Janice at GaTech and she said all of the acceptances would be sent out by the end of this month. I'm not sure whether this means they have all been sent out by now or they are just waiting, but I too am anxious for GaTech!

Thanks for that!

19 minutes ago, Cypereae said:

Does anyone have any idea about ChemE at Rice or Purdue? I do think it is almost impossible for me but I'm still wondering if I could have any chances to be accepted...

I do know that acceptances have been sent from Purdue, but I don't know if they have sent them all.

33 minutes ago, Excelsior! said:

I do know that acceptances have been sent from Purdue, but I don't know if they have sent them all.

Thanks! Haven't heard of anything and I really hope they have not sent all the admissions yet.

Good luck!

Acceptances: Gatech, UT Austin, Columbia, Cornell, Michigan, UMass Amherst

Rejections: Berkeley, Princeton

Still waiting: Caltech, Minnesota, Delaware, MIT

Undergrad: BS ChemE, Northeastern University (4 year plan, 7 semester curriculum, 2 coops, 1 internship, 1.5 years undergrad research, 1 first co-authored paper, honors program, staff undergraduate tutor x3 years, Tau Beta Pi, OXE (eboard x2 years))

Other potential factors: female, first gen college student, first gen US citizen. 

7 minutes ago, rainmj1996 said:

Acceptances: Gatech, UT Austin, Columbia, Cornell, Michigan, UMass Amherst

Rejections: Berkeley, Princeton

Still waiting: Caltech, Minnesota, Delaware, MIT

Undergrad: BS ChemE, Northeastern University (4 year plan, 7 semester curriculum, 2 coops, 1 internship, 1.5 years undergrad research, 1 first co-authored paper, honors program, staff undergraduate tutor x3 years, Tau Beta Pi, OXE (eboard x2 years))

Other potential factors: female, first gen college student, first gen US citizen. 

When were you accepted at GaTech and Michigan? I haven't heard from them... Do you have any info?
What's your first choice?

23 minutes ago, Excelsior! said:

When were you accepted at GaTech and Michigan? I haven't heard from them... Do you have any info?
What's your first choice?

Accepted to both earlier this month, you could maybe reach out to the respective departments? Gatech visit weekend is second weekend of March and Michigan is third weekend of March. And not sure on first choice. I like all of the programs. Gatech is highest ranked. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am an international applicant. Got accepted into UFlorida for M.Sc Chem Engr. I was hoping for full funding but only got an Achievement Award for New Graduates worth $4500 Which is small. I don't know which other option I can use to get funding,  Pls I need advice house.

• 2 weeks later...