Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

59 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

anyone else dying of impatience or is it just me?!

Yeahhh. I seriously checked my email like every 5 minutes today. But I’m kinda relieved, we all didn’t hear back right? Wasn’t just me? Lol

Hi folxs, second year applicant here. I applied to UC Berkeley's MSW program last year and was accepted off the wait list to their MAP program which only accepts about 20 students annually. Unfortunately because of zero funding and other life happenings I declined attending. Hoping to hear back from Columbia soon but no word yet! 

Did anyone apply to the scholarships they emailed out? 

11 minutes ago, wokebrowngirl said:

Hi folxs, second year applicant here. I applied to UC Berkeley's MSW program last year and was accepted off the wait list to their MAP program which only accepts about 20 students annually. Unfortunately because of zero funding and other life happenings I declined attending. Hoping to hear back from Columbia soon but no word yet! 

Did anyone apply to the scholarships they emailed out? 

Hey there! Still waiting here also. I applied to the Kline fellowship scholarship for policy practice. What about you?

3 hours ago, Quinoa96 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet?

I emailed them yesterday and they said I landed in the priority category even though my app was a few days late. She said in a FEW weeks I should hear back. I’m thinking yikes :( How long will that be!!!!

On 1/26/2018 at 5:18 AM, patientlywaiting2 said:

I've been in contact with Columbia and they said acceptance letters for the priority deadline application will be out in the beginning of February. I applied to the 2 year MSW program. 

That’s good to hear! This is probably a stupid thing to think about, but I wonder if they mean acceptances, or if rejection letters also go out in the beginning of February 

2 hours ago, Kathryn1994 said:

Getting so anxious waiting to hear back from Columbia! I've already been accepted to Rutgers!

However, what is this Kline Fellowship? I haven't received any emails about scholarships :wacko:

Did you apply by the priority deadline? They send me some scholarship opportunities via email, one was the Kline fellowship and one was called the honjo scholarship 

3 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

Did you apply by the priority deadline? They send me some scholarship opportunities via email, one was the Kline fellowship and one was called the honjo scholarship 

My application was submitted on January 17th! Maybe thats why

1 hour ago, lanabeni said:

Just got off phone with Columbia. Next two weeks for priority applicants.

As in we will start hearing back in two weeks? Or we should get notifications by the end of two weeks? Just wondering because I have to call other schools about decision extensions. 

2 hours ago, Quinoa96 said:

As in we will start hearing back in two weeks? Or we should get notifications by the end of two weeks? Just wondering because I have to call other schools about decision extensions. 

Didn't follow up on that. I just wanted to know when we would possibly hear back. You can call them too if you'd like and follow up here :) 

Very nice and very quick the person on the phone.

Edited by lanabeni

17 minutes ago, patientlywaiting2 said:

I just called and they said we should hear sometime next week. But the financial aid, scholarship and grants wont be sent out until the beginning of March 

Thank you for updating us! I sure hope it’s at the beginning of the week ?