Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

2 hours ago, 2733amh said:

Accepted today to 2 year MSW program (residential as opposed to online for those wondering). No financial aid info yet, letter mentions this information will come later 

Congrats! What concentration are you pursuing? 

38 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

Congrats! What concentration are you pursuing? 

I was advanced clinical social work practice and interested in the families, youth, and children field but also indicated an interest in working in mass incarceration on my application. submitted my materials around mid-November. 

I called today and the person I spoke to said I should know before the end of the month. I’m guessing that’s a bad sign given the acceptances right now? Tho, my application wasn’t complete until 12/11 so idk at this point. 

Congrats to everyone! They don’t go by concentration either btw. It seems random because they are notifying whoever qualified most. Does anyone know how their waitlist system works? As in how many people they put on the waitlist?

Edited by Kat_MSW2018

I turned in my application on 12/1 but I only received the “application complete” email on January 5th ? (even tho all my stuff was submitted on or before 12/1) 

thinking I’ll have to wait longer than I thought for this one 

7 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

I turned in my application on 12/1 but I only received the “application complete” email on January 5th ? (even tho all my stuff was submitted on or before 12/1) 

thinking I’ll have to wait longer than I thought for this one 

I submitted on 11/27 and I never received an application complete email. I called the office last week though and they said everything was there and not to worry about it.

3 minutes ago, JonoDuncan said:

I submitted on 11/27 and I never received an application complete email. I called the office last week though and they said everything was there and not to worry about it.

ahhh that's good to hear. thank you for sharing. 

14 hours ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

I called today and the person I spoke to said I should know before the end of the month. I’m guessing that’s a bad sign given the acceptances right now? Tho, my application wasn’t complete until 12/11 so idk at this point. 

Congrats to everyone! They don’t go by concentration either btw. It seems random because they are notifying whoever qualified most. Does anyone know how their waitlist system works? As in how many people they put on the waitlist?

I got the same answer when I called today! Trying not to think negatively though. I applied to a dual degree program with the Jewish Theological Seminary and already received my acceptance there.

42 minutes ago, Quinoa96 said:

As anyone else heard anything?

I called and they looked me up. They said my application is complete and I'm under review. Should hear by March 1st, which is the same from the email last week. So another 1.5 weeks is what is going on for me anyways.

The people who have responded being in seem to have applied before the 12/1 deadline for priority applicants. I applied right on 12/1 personally, so maybe they haven't got to us yet?

No need to lose hope yet...hopefully :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, lanabeni said:

I called and they looked me up. They said my application is complete and I'm under review. Should hear by March 1st, which is the same from the email last week. So another 1.5 weeks is what is going on for me anyways.

The people who have responded being in seem to have applied before the 12/1 deadline for priority applicants. I applied right on 12/1 personally, so maybe they haven't got to us yet?

No need to lose hope yet...hopefully :ph34r:

I think I’m in the same boat. Mine was submitted 12/2 but they said I still counted as priority!!

its my first choice too. I’m with you!

Edited by Kat_MSW2018

I emailed this morning and they said "in the next few weeks". I'm just assuming that means by March 1st. I think I'll stop inquiring and just wait it out till then. I'll reach back out to them on the 1st if I haven't heard anything!

Hi 

I received an acceptance letter yesterday and now am getting paranoid that I accidentally selected the online program because it looks like those are the only ones being accepted. My letter says just "Fall two year program" and the fee is $400. What does the online congrats letter say/what is the payment? Just want to confirm that I did get into the residential.

Edited by Sgr

1 hour ago, Sgr said:

Hi 

I received an acceptance letter yesterday and now am getting paranoid that I accidentally selected the online program because it looks like those are the only ones being accepted. My letter says just "Fall two year program" and the fee is $400. What does the online congrats letter say/what is the payment? Just want to confirm that I did get into the residential.

Nice congrats! I’m sure you applied correctly hehe

wbat concentration and when did you get your application in by?

4 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

I can’t help but have negative thoughts seeing everyone getting their acceptance letters ?

Just remember this happened last year too if you go to the 2017 thread. There were some people in the beginning and it went on for a few weeks. People have heard back starting this week. We got all next week. Based on last year's thread people heard back from 1/19 - 3/3 ish.

4 minutes ago, lanabeni said:

Just remember this happened last year too if you go to the 2017 thread. There were some people in the beginning and it went on for a few weeks. People have heard back starting this week. We got all next week. Based on last year's thread people heard back from 1/19 - 3/3 ish.

lanabeni thank you for pulling me out of my despair lol. no but seriously, waiting for grad apps can be so nerve racking i'm glad some people are able to be level-headed!!! and congrats @Sgr i'm sure you applied to the correct program! it's annoying how you can't really check on that tho.

I applied mid to late November for advanced standing 1year MSW in clinical sw practice with concentration in contemporary issues. 27 years old, 4.0 gpa in BSW program at Long Island University, sw club president, 4 internship placements, NASW student of the year award winner...

.....haven’t heard anything. Getting very nervous!! This is killing me!! I also haven’t received the email about scholarships :/ Maybe Monday!! 

I applied in early November and heard back (acceptance) on Wednesday! I'm really excited but I'm really unsure about my decision because I don't want to drown myself in debt :/ Waiting to hear about aid, but good luck to everyone!!!

Edited by heybakerena