Shellacked again...

3 hours ago, CaffeineCardigan said:

Email about what studying at Brandeis can offer you from dean of grad college right about the time my estimation says they'll be sending acceptances. They have to know how stressful that is, right? 

My experience with administration at the K-12 level leads me to say, no, they’ve probably never even considered that their emails may be ill-timed, and even if it were brought to their attention they’d still fail to see the problem. 

3 hours ago, vondafkossum said:

My experience with administration at the K-12 level leads me to say, no, they’ve probably never even considered that their emails may be ill-timed, and even if it were brought to their attention they’d still fail to see the problem. 

Yikes! 

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, tiredderridean said:

just an email about the portal (basically the application site) on which we can check our application status...

...in the future. 

Ahh yes, I think I hadn't registered this as a shellacking since it's so early yet. Hopefully there won't be any of this nonsense come February...

8 hours ago, Indecisive Poet said:

Ahh yes, I think I hadn't registered this as a shellacking since it's so early yet. Hopefully there won't be any of this nonsense come February...

haha, i've turned my notifications on for my university email (which i hardly use at all now that i've graduated), so anything that comes through that inbox these days startles me somewhat. (evidently, i won't be sleeping well for the next few months.) 

• 3 weeks later...

Baby's first shellack--University of Chicago emailed me with the subject line, "Your application has been received." I applied early December, so part of me thought maybe this meant news?(!!!) Not sure how I thought they'd be ready on January 7th--more likely someone just moseyed into my file and manually marked it "complete." 

At any rate, they're reporting all decisions made by middle of February. Only another five weeks to go!

Ha, I was just coming here to post the same thing, @caffeinated applicant. As far as shellackings go, this one was relatively tame for me: I’ve read through enough old GradCafe posts to have had a faint recollection of a similar email going out from Chicago around this time last year. 

I was, however, shellacked by my own subconscious last night when I dreamed I’d be “recommended for acceptance” (not even actually accepted) by Pitt’s English department. Even in my dreams these schools can’t give me a straightforward answer!

1 hour ago, caffeinated applicant said:

Baby's first shellack--University of Chicago emailed me with the subject line, "Your application has been received." I applied early December, so part of me thought maybe this meant news?(!!!) Not sure how I thought they'd be ready on January 7th--more likely someone just moseyed into my file and manually marked it "complete." 

At any rate, they're reporting all decisions made by middle of February. Only another five weeks to go!

Same. ?

Edited by Cryss

16 hours ago, noneckmonsters said:

Is anyone applying to the English program at Northwestern? The deadline was December 1st and it sounds like the kind of school that would send out early notices.... Has anyone heard back from them? 

Thank you!!! 

Last year I got my decision from Northwestern on 2/4. From looking at the Admissions Results, it looks like everyone last year and the previous two years received notifications during the first week of February. 

Edit: I should update, I got a wonderfully concise and empathetic rejection email from the darling Nate Mead on 2/4. The University officially notified me of my rejection on 2/6 

Edited by vondafkossum