Shellacked again...

I imagine the following scene taking place in telemarketer board rooms across the country:

[Jenkins] [Holding hot cup of coffee] "Well, Jones, it seems that February is just around the corner. You know what that means..."

[Jones] "What's that, sir?"

[Jenkins] "Don't you know? Those sorry bastards applying to grad school are itching for updates on the statuses of their applications!"

[Jones] [Takes nervous sip of coffee and readjusts tie] "...and?"

[Jenkins] "They'll be glued to their phones, fool!"

[Jones] [Furrows brow in a gesture of deep contemplation; after a few moments, claps hands and jumps from his seat] "So, for once, they'll answer our calls!"

[Jenkins] [With a sinister grin] "They'll have no choice!"

[Jones] "We could even call them under the area codes of the most common schools!"

[Jenkins] [Grins broadly] "Genius! With that kind of thinking, you'll make junior-assistant associate before you know it!"

[Both take inaudible sips of their coffees]

Edited by FreakyFoucault

Husband got an email from the Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Brandeis this morning—just a mass email to all applicants talking about the school. Why must they torment us?

1 hour ago, punctilious said:

Husband got an email from the Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Brandeis this morning—just a mass email to all applicants talking about the school. Why must they torment us?

Now that’s just low! They must know that....

2 hours ago, FreakyFoucault said:

Now that’s just low! They must know that....

I think a few years ago someone mentioned that a certain school sent them all applicants a fat envelope about reasons why the city/town was great.

39 minutes ago, Warelin said:
3 hours ago, FreakyFoucault said:

I think a few years ago someone mentioned that a certain school sent them all applicants a fat envelope about reasons why the city/town was great.

That’s some ol’ bullshit. 

9 minutes ago, katie64 said:

@FreakyFoucault, your posts are seriously the best. All of your threads and posts make me seriously laugh out loud, and I laugh every time you say "shellacked." I'm sure I'm not the only one, so seriously, thank you for putting a smile on our faces during this somewhat stressful time. You're AWESOME. :D

100% agreed!

38 minutes ago, katie64 said:

@FreakyFoucault, your posts are seriously the best. All of your threads and posts make me seriously laugh out loud, and I laugh every time you say "shellacked." I'm sure I'm not the only one, so seriously, thank you for putting a smile on our faces during this somewhat stressful time. You're AWESOME. :D

33 minutes ago, bumbleblu said:

100% agreed!

Awww, thanks guys! You just made my day!! :D  :D :wub:

22 hours ago, FreakyFoucault said:

I imagine the following scene taking place in telemarketer board rooms across the country:

[Jenkins] [Holding hot cup of coffee] "Well, Jones, it seems that February is just around the corner. You know what that means..."

[Jones] "What's that, sir?"

[Jenkins] "Don't you know? Those sorry bastards applying to grad school are itching for updates on the statuses of their applications!"

[Jones] [Takes nervous sip of coffee and readjusts tie] "...and?"

[Jenkins] "They'll be glued to their phones, fool!"

[Jones] [Furrows brow in a gesture of deep contemplation; after a few moments, claps hands and jumps from his seat] "So, for once, they'll answer our calls!"

[Jenkins] [With a sinister grin] "They'll have no choice!"

[Jones] "We could even call them under the area codes of the most common schools!"

[Jenkins] [Grins broadly] "Genius! With that kind of thinking, you'll make junior-assistant associate before you know it!"

[Both take inaudible sips of their coffees]

Literally just got a call from "New Haven"

heavy breathing.....

REALLY??????

I keep getting listserv emails every few hours, and I have minor heart palpitations every time I see the outlook push notification on my phone. They are all from the university that I work for too, so they say from Chancellor bladablah, Academic Senate Office, etc. Ahhh!

25 minutes ago, mk-8 said:

My boyfriend sent me a picture of a Purdue license plate he saw while he was driving. Maybe it's a sign :D

The day before I heard from Temple, I was out buying Eagles gear and saw a wall of Temple Owl shirts. The license plate is definitely a sign.

6 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

The day before I heard from Temple, I was out buying Eagles gear and saw a wall of Temple Owl shirts. The license plate is definitely a sign.

A ha! Saturday acceptances!

25 minutes ago, ltr317 said:

I should hang out on this sub-forum more while I still have free time. You are a fun bunch!  Especially the self-deprecating ones, which is close to my heart.  

It's because we're so good with words :ph34r:

The other week I ominously found a  playing card on a bench in the middle of the night while waiting at my bus stop (an ace of diamonds ♦️).... so I decided to look up the tarot card meaning, and the card seems to symbolize a future opportunity or transition to come. When I looked up at the street intersection, I realized I was on Columbia Street, and that the next street after is Ontario Street. Hmm... what  could this premonition mean?

....This is how much I am self-shellacking myself right now lol ??

Also I just joined this forum!