UC Irvine PhD in Education 2018

Brewee

Hello!

I've noticed that someone has posted their acceptance from UCI PhD Education! Congrats!:rolleyes: and if you can see this, could you reply if you had an interview prior to the acceptance?

Anyone else waiting for the result or interview email from the department?

Edited by Brewee
word change

1 hour ago, ohrice said:

That's me. Yes, I had a chat with a professor back in December. Today she contacted me to let me know that the faculty has recommended my admission to the Graduate Division. 

Congratulations:)! I guess I have to let myself know not to keep my hopes up now.. haven't heard anything after submission.. 

Did you also apply to other schools as well?

28 minutes ago, Brewee said:

Congratulations:)! I guess I have to let myself know not to keep my hopes up now.. haven't heard anything after submission.. 

Did you also apply to other schools as well?

Thanks! She said Recruitment Weekend is from March 9 to 10, so hopefully you'll hear good news before then. 

I heard back from UCLA and I applied to Harvard, UPenn, Cal, and Stanford.

12 minutes ago, ohrice said:

Thanks! She said Recruitment Weekend is from March 9 to 10, so hopefully you'll hear good news before then. 

I heard back from UCLA and I applied to Harvard, UPenn, Cal, and Stanford.

Thank you! Good to know :) That's kind of late than other programs I guess..

Oh wow! I hope you also hear back from those schools, too! 

19 minutes ago, Brewee said:

Thank you! Good to know :) That's kind of late than other programs I guess..

Oh wow! I hope you also hear back from those schools, too! 

Thanks! I hope you hear good news from UCI and the other schools as well.

Congrats on your acceptance! I haven't heard anything back yet either. It is the last school I have yet to hear anything from. Others have already been admits, or interviews for me. I shall keep on waiting!

14 hours ago, ohrice said:

That's me. Yes, I had a chat with a professor back in December. Today she contacted me to let me know that the faculty has recommended my admission to the Graduate Division. 

Congratulations! Do you mind telling us which concentration did you apply to? 

Congratulations on your acceptance! I am also waiting in UCI PhD in Education. I noticed that my status changed from "Under Review" to "Being Reviewed" last week, though I do not have any updates since. I am not sure what it means, though I am hopeful!

Best of luck to all whom have applied :)

13 minutes ago, Minions92 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! I am also waiting in UCI PhD in Education. I noticed that my status changed from "Under Review" to "Being Reviewed" last week, though I do not have any updates since. I am not sure what it means, though I am hopeful!

Yeah, same. Mine has been in status "being reviewed" for a few weeks now. I think that just means the department is reviewing the apps and deciding on interviews, etc.

27 minutes ago, Sandmaster said:

Yeah, same. Mine has been in status "being reviewed" for a few weeks now. I think that just means the department is reviewing the apps and deciding on interviews, etc.

Oh okay, thank you for the information! I am hoping we hear back soon! 

17 hours ago, Sandmaster said:

Congrats on your acceptance! I haven't heard anything back yet either. It is the last school I have yet to hear anything from. Others have already been admits, or interviews for me. I shall keep on waiting!

Hello! Same here, I haven't heard anything back from UCI  :/..

I've seen somewhere UCI send out reject emails on early Feb for the 1st rounders, and I'm getting ready for it lol

But congrats on the other programs you got in, and hopefully we hear from UCI, too :)

15 hours ago, Minions92 said:

Hello! My status seems to be 'being reviewed' forever! Hopefully we hear back from the school soon :) Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 3:34 AM, Brewee said:

Hello! My status seems to be 'being reviewed' forever! Hopefully we hear back from the school soon :) Good luck!

Has your status changed for you yet? Mine still hasn't but I am suddenly getting emails from the financial aid and scholarship office and now have an UCI student ID? I am still in being reviewed status though... Strange.

Has anyone heard back from UC Berkeley GSE, yet?

I emailed admissions coordinator, specifically asking if initial offers were sent out yet. She replied saying "Admission decisions have not yet gone out. Decisions should be out by the end of this month."

But it's weird, because somebody posted a result on February 7th. Anyone else have info here?

11 hours ago, Sandmaster said:

Has your status changed for you yet? Mine still hasn't but I am suddenly getting emails from the financial aid and scholarship office and now have an UCI student ID? I am still in being reviewed status though... Strange.

Mine is still being reviewed, but I think that means you got in and congratulations! :)) haven’t received any emails... did you have the interview? 

11 hours ago, RyanHGSE17 said:

Has anyone heard back from UC Berkeley GSE, yet?

I emailed admissions coordinator, specifically asking if initial offers were sent out yet. She replied saying "Admission decisions have not yet gone out. Decisions should be out by the end of this month."

But it's weird, because somebody posted a result on February 7th. Anyone else have info here?

Didn't apply to UC Berkeley, but it's good to know they will send out the decisions by the end of Feb! Thanks for the info, and I think people who get early decisions get full funding/scholarships..

On 2/13/2018 at 2:38 AM, Brewee said:

Mine is still being reviewed, but I think that means you got in and congratulations! :)) haven’t received any emails... did you have the interview? 

I did not interview with anyone after I submitted my app, only spoke with a professor before hand. My status is still showing being reviewed so I am not really sure what is going on lol.

On 2/15/2018 at 12:10 AM, Sandmaster said:

I did not interview with anyone after I submitted my app, only spoke with a professor before hand. My status is still showing being reviewed so I am not really sure what is going on lol.

I see! I hope the school sends an official mail to clear that out :)) Also hoping to get my official rejection to be free from checking my status every day! 

On 2/12/2018 at 3:43 PM, Sandmaster said:

Same here! I haven't heard anything yet but I did receive all those emails about financial aid and scholarships and the like. 

On 2/19/2018 at 7:10 AM, ktquiet81 said:

I'm also still waiting to hear something from them. I've gotten emails about an ID and online system, financial aid website but nothing else. 

Hello! I believe those emails can be a good sign for approval to the program, but pretty weird, too!

I haven't heard anything at all, did you have an interview after submitting your application?

1 hour ago, Brewee said:

Hello! I believe those emails can be a good sign for approval to the program, but pretty weird, too!

I haven't heard anything at all, did you have an interview after submitting your application?

I hope so. I have not been contacted in any way so far. That's what doesn't make sense at all 

Hi you guysss. I've been a silent reader for a while, but I figured I should be helpful since people hate waiting.

I heard last Friday from professor who interviewed me that I got in. I'm in the LLT track. I was a little noob and there was something with my paperwork, so I haven't gotten my official letter of acceptance, but upon clearing that up, I received the information about the recruitment weekend yesterday.

I'm inferencing that they've e-mailed about their recruitment weekend already, because in the e-mail, there was a survey they wanted attendees to fill out by today.

If anyone else goinggg?