@Boolakanaka Same, my MA and graduate assistantship serendipitously fell into my lap the first time around, granted it's a state school and a small RS department. But still, I figured I was going to be a lot more "composed" than it actually turns out! I also feel that although grad chat has provided some degree of insight, advice and a support system...it has made me more anxious seeing other people post their results, comparing myself to others, etc. Perhaps ignorance is bliss. 

Edited by kaaat

@kaaat The last statement is so true...when I first applied to law schools, I didn’t really have admission stats in hand, and was just sort of bumbling along, but yet still got into 4 out of 6 schools. In fact, I don’t think I gave it too much thought about not getting in, at present, I almost have too much information.....tho, the board is of great service and comfort. Fingers crossed!

32 minutes ago, JDD said:

Alright, just got confirmation from PTS that I've been offered 80% funding for the M.Div program. This makes the choice super easy, considering PTS has been my top choice from the beginning. I hope to see some of you there in the Fall. Best of luck until then!

Congrats! I'd still hear what Yale and Duke have to say though. It was a while ago (09-11') but my aid from Yale was generous. If nothing else you may be able to leverage offers against each other for better funding (not sure how common this is in Divinity schools, a lot of my classmates from undergrad did this going into other professional programs).

1 hour ago, ChristoWitch87 said:

Congrats! I'd still hear what Yale and Duke have to say though. It was a while ago (09-11') but my aid from Yale was generous. If nothing else you may be able to leverage offers against each other for better funding (not sure how common this is in Divinity schools, a lot of my classmates from undergrad did this going into other professional programs).

Edited by kaaat

54 minutes ago, JDD said:

Alright, just got confirmation from PTS that I've been offered 80% funding for the M.Div program. This makes the choice super easy, considering PTS has been my top choice from the beginning. I hope to see some of you there in the Fall. Best of luck until then!

Congrats! Let me know if you have any questions about PTS

Just a quick note, I attended the opening program for the UTS “intersections” event and it was announced that everyone in attendance was being formally offered admission—so, woot woot.  I guess the next coming days and weeks, will offer all of us some clarity where we will be in the fall..

41 minutes ago, Boolakanaka said:

Just a quick note, I attended the opening program for the UTS “intersections” event and it was announced that everyone in attendance was being formally offered admission—so, woot woot.  I guess the next coming days and weeks, will offer all of us some clarity where we will be in the fall..

Congrats!!!

I really, really, hope that (informally) extends to invitees as well. Because I would've tried to work a deal with the Army had I known that lol (for what its worth I gave them my current duties as the reason I couldn't attend). XD

I'm a bit late to the game here but getting nervous; I was accepted into YDS (MDiv) last fall and moved to CT -- but on the weekend before orientation my partner and I separated, and my denomination strongly advised me not to enroll -- so I joined a service program and am doing nonprofit work.

My denomination subsequently pulled all their support and I'm stranded in CT, out of school, and no longer in an ordination process. I reapplied to YDS and am really hoping to get back in, but worried I won't.

I've also applied to Princeton but haven't heard back. I'm wondering if its worth it to apply to Duke so late, I'm originally from NC.

@Divinitynerd

Very sorry to hear that, but it's good that you're still pursuing your goal!

Would you mind letting us know which degree sequence you applied to for your programs? I'm the only PTS M.Div that I know of on these forums - so I can't speak to whether my admission came early or late. Others may be able to help, though.

1 hour ago, Divinitynerd said:

I've also applied to Princeton but haven't heard back. I'm wondering if its worth it to apply to Duke so late, I'm originally from NC.

PTS generally does rolling admissions, so I wouldn't worry too much about not having heard yet. Especially if you're doing an MDiv, I don't think it would hurt to apply to Duke if the application is still open

On 2/24/2018 at 11:19 PM, newbietheologian said:

Congrats! Is Duke your top choice? Any word on funding? ;) 

I still want to hear back from the other schools first (such as YDS and HDS), but Duke is the top school for me that I've gotten into so far. I'm thrilled with it. They offered me full funding, which was pretty shocking.

Vanderbilt sent out emails tonight to everyone stating that they thank us for our patience and ask us to continue waiting. lol

13 hours ago, MattSolo said:

I still want to hear back from the other schools first (such as YDS and HDS), but Duke is the top school for me that I've gotten into so far. I'm thrilled with it. They offered me full funding, which was pretty shocking.

Vanderbilt sent out emails tonight to everyone stating that they thank us for our patience and ask us to continue waiting. lol

wow! that's awesome! Congrats!

1 hour ago, jmarvin_ said:

Just got into Chicago Divinity as well; 85% tuition. I'm delighted, but still holding out on Social Thought, the dream.

Congratulations to everyone who got into Chicago Divinity! Great school!

Edited by kaaat