Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't know if anyone else is waiting on UCLA, but I just called and they expect decisions to be sent out shortly (as vague as that might be). They said decisions are made on a rolling basis but that a majority would be sent out in the first round, through the portal. They expected to have them sent by now but the complications with the system pushed them back. So, ultimately, no real news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, YTC said:

I got into Upenn. So excited now!

I thought I'm going to be shut out this application season. What a relief!

Congrats! Guess we won't be waiting until next week after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, YTC said:

I got into Upenn. So excited now!

I thought I'm going to be shut out this application season. What a relief!

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DatGuy said:

I got in too! Oh my god! This is a dream come true! Best of luck to everyone else, and I hope you hear from them soon!

Ahhh congrats! Can I ask how/when they contacted you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, immanentfields said:

Congrats! Guess we won't be waiting until next week after all.

 

8 hours ago, EspritHabile said:

Congrats!

 

7 hours ago, youngim said:

Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! :)

 

2 hours ago, Jožin z bažin said:

Congratulations, @YTC and @DatGuy, I'm so happy for you! This may sound stupid or sappy, but I'm glad to see offers go to people rather than statistics. I appreciate the support on this thread.

Thank you. This thread is super supportive. Love it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, immanentfields said:

Ahhh congrats! Can I ask how/when they contacted you?

Thanks! And I received an email from Emily Wilson. Very informal thing, really. I believe they're still waiting on the dean to approve admissions and supply the letters before the formal offers roll out!

9 hours ago, Jožin z bažin said:

Congratulations, @YTC and @DatGuy, I'm so happy for you! This may sound stupid or sappy, but I'm glad to see offers go to people rather than statistics. I appreciate the support on this thread.

Thanks, friend. I really appreciate it, and I hope you hear from them too! Would love for us to actually meet each other!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DatGuy said:

I got in too! Oh my god! This is a dream come true! Best of luck to everyone else, and I hope you hear from them soon!

Congratulations! It's so great to see these "dream come true" posts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EspritHabile said:

Congratulations! It's so great to see these "dream come true" posts!

Too kind. Thank you! For what it's worth, I applied to Penn twice before— once for undergrad and once before my Masters. So it's been a long time coming, I suppose!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woke up to a brief note from Penn saying that they "have not heard from the Graduate Dean regarding funding" but they're still interested in my app, so it sounds like there's an informal funding waitlist going on right now. Anyone else here get a similar message?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, immanentfields said:

Anyone else here get a similar message?

No such luck, my friend. Sounds like you have a good chance though!

If the person who posted the rejection dated Feb 27 is on here, would you mind clarifying whether you were interviewed and how you were notified?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2018 at 10:53 AM, immanentfields said:

Woke up to a brief note from Penn saying that they "have not heard from the Graduate Dean regarding funding" but they're still interested in my app, so it sounds like there's an informal funding waitlist going on right now. Anyone else here get a similar message?

Glad to hear you’re still in it with a fighting chance. Btw, are you coming to Michigan’s conference/student weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DatGuy said:

Glad to hear you’re still in it with a fighting chance. Btw, are you coming to Michigan’s conference/student weekend?

Thanks--I actually got my admission decision from Penn today--I'm in! No word from the department itself yet but I know spring break started today. 

(And no, I'm not going to make the Michigan conference--it's the same weekend as Northwestern's welcome weekend. Sorry to miss it though!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, immanentfields said:

Thanks--I actually got my admission decision from Penn today--I'm in! No word from the department itself yet but I know spring break started today. 

(And no, I'm not going to make the Michigan conference--it's the same weekend as Northwestern's welcome weekend. Sorry to miss it though!)

Oh wow! Amazing! Congratulations! Glad to know you're in. Sorry to hear you won't be at Michigan's weekend. We could have met!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 5:22 PM, DatGuy said:

Oh wow! Amazing! Congratulations! Glad to know you're in. Sorry to hear you won't be at Michigan's weekend. We could have met!

Thanks! We may still run into each other yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5 March 2018 at 9:54 PM, immanentfields said:

Thanks! We may still run into each other yet...

This is true, good sir, though I'm not visiting Penn during their visit weekend, but earlier. Let me know if you want to be in non-anonymous forum touch anyway. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few existential crises later—I'm on the wait list for U. Maryland and Penn! If anyone is likely to decline their offer, please let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jožin z bažin said:

A few existential crises later—I'm on the wait list for U. Maryland and Penn! If anyone is likely to decline their offer, please let me know!

Boo for existential crises, but yay for getting onto the wait lists! Fingers crossed for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EspritHabile said:

Boo for existential crises, but yay for getting onto the wait lists! Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you!!!! I'm quite pleased. Not sure I would have made it through a second application cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jožin z bažin said:

A few existential crises later—I'm on the wait list for U. Maryland and Penn! If anyone is likely to decline their offer, please let me know!

Hell yeah! I hope something opens up for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.