Decision timelines for particular universities and programs derived from the gradcafe data + GRE/GPA distributions

seems_fair

3 minutes ago, E-P said:

It's kind of a kick in the **** that so many Comm applicants with 4.0s get rejected.

There can be bias in self-reported scores, because rejected people with good scores may be salty. That's why I was mostly interested in timelines.

3 minutes ago, there_is_a_wait_so_long said:

There can be bias in self-reported scores, because rejected people with good scores may be salty. That's why I was mostly interested in timelines.

Yeah.  I choose to believe that the 4.0s who are totally secure and confident and not at all worried get accepted and don't post here. :P

Hey, thanks again for doing these. I was just wondering if there was anyway to get a bit more granularity for the timelines? For some of the schools (CS programs), there’s a massive spike in reports in early February. It’ll be incredible if we can get the exact date of the spike, so that we can keep an eye out. Right now, it’s a bit vague so there’s a need to ballpark the date of the spike.

It’s no problem, and I totally understand if it’s too much work, and you would prefer not to do this. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done so far!

9 hours ago, lord_commander said:

Great work!. Can you also provide the data for Mechanical/Aerospace Phds?

Thanks in advance.

I hear the Machine Spirit's voice:

Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, PhD https://imgur.com/a/qDkjN

Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, MS https://imgur.com/a/UIYnF

The Emperor protects.

On 1/31/2018 at 11:31 AM, Psychology Student said:

This is amazing. Could you do timelines for cognitive psychology and social psychology? (phd) Thank you so much

On 1/31/2018 at 4:27 PM, PsychedSloth said:

Is there enough data for Master of Public Health and/or Master's Psychology? Thanks for doing these! They're very interesting to look at.

On 1/31/2018 at 6:24 PM, dlk527 said:

Wow! Thanks! Any chance you could Social Psychology PhD or Experimental Psychology PhD? 

On 2/1/2018 at 7:27 AM, whatdidigetinto said:

Any chance you can do one for masters of social work?

I checked data and these are kinda specific programs (about several hundred observations for all universities). It is just too granular. Sorry.

On 2/1/2018 at 1:02 PM, PlsAdmitMePls said:

Hey, thanks again for doing these. I was just wondering if there was anyway to get a bit more granularity for the timelines? For some of the schools (CS programs), there’s a massive spike in reports in early February. It’ll be incredible if we can get the exact date of the spike, so that we can keep an eye out. Right now, it’s a bit vague so there’s a need to ballpark the date of the spike.

It’s no problem, and I totally understand if it’s too much work, and you would prefer not to do this. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done so far!

Good point, I was thinking of this. As of now, I want to keep it as is -- otherwise, it will require generating everything again. Also, bear in mind that this data is based on 5-year period, so these spikes maybe for the particalar year in admissions. 

30 minutes ago, xisan92 said:

This looks great! Thanks a lot for this. If possible, can you make a similar plot for Earth Science,  Atmospheric Sciences, and Oceanography? 

Second this! If there's enough good reporting, I would love to see the Geology spread. 

Thanks for making these- even though the posted ones are not my discipline, still cool to see! 

• 2 weeks later...