Fall 2018 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

kpietromica

On 1/26/2018 at 4:07 PM, indigopierogy said:

Has anyone heard from anywhere else? I applied a bunch of places and haven’t heard a peep from Geography programs yet. 

The University of Tennessee is the only place I have heard back from. Going to visit in the next couple of weeks.

UNC, South Carolina, Penn State seem to come out a bit later but I did see an acceptance from UNC on the result page.

On 1/29/2018 at 9:59 AM, 94AVL said:

The University of Tennessee is the only place I have heard back from. Going to visit in the next couple of weeks.

UNC, South Carolina, Penn State seem to come out a bit later but I did see an acceptance from UNC on the result page.

I just checked an email I got from my POI about two weeks ago at Penn State, said we should hear results in 3 weeks. I guess that means one week left?

I heard from UT Austin last night via phone call from POI. And this morning my online portal reflected this, along with an email from department. Really excited, probably my top pick school and pending funding, which my POI say should be announced in a few weeks will  most likely attend. Edit: This is for MA program.

Edited by geo_JD
add detail

1 hour ago, indigopierogy said:

I just checked an email I got from my POI about two weeks ago at Penn State, said we should hear results in 3 weeks. I guess that means one week left?

My POI at Penn State said mid-February?

On 1/30/2018 at 3:43 PM, kpietromica said:

My POI at Penn State said mid-February?

That's really only a week difference, so probably nothing to wig out about :) Maybe they're ahead of schedule! Or behind, depending on when you talked to your POI -_-

15 hours ago, kpietromica said:

@indigopierogy Did you apply to the joint Women's Studies and Geography program at Penn State?!

Yup, I did, the Ph.D. program. It's basically my dream program! I saw that you did as well! You'll have to let me know when you get a response. If you want to direct message about POIs or State College (my significant other's hometown so we visit a lot!) you can totally hmu:) 

I'm waiting on LSU, Penn State, the University of Kentucky (2 programs; Geography I am supposed to email them on Friday to see if I got in; probs didn't!), West Virginia and UDel. They're all Geography programs except for the other program at U Kentucky, which is WGSS. 

I'm going out of my mind thinking about this! Mostly because I'd like to get into more than one school, or I'd like to know if it's just the one school so I can accept and look for apartments and be done with it. I want the whole thing to be over!

Hey y'all,

I've been lurking the Geography forum and results for the past few months. I am hesitant to reveal my details until after I have accepted an offer; and I have not posted in the results section. Although, my username hints at some information. I do recognize I am in an incredibly fortunate situation, and I hope the best for everyone.

University of Washington, Seattle (Accepted)
University of British Columbia, Vancouver (Accepted)
University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Accepted)
Arizona State University, Tempe (Invitation to Visit Day)
University of California, Los Angeles (TBD)
Pennsylvania State University, University Park (TBD)

Edited by chineseurbanmapper

Accepted to South Carolina today! Their open house is during a conference I am having to attend. They are offering funding to attend the open house. Do you think if I ask for a different visitation date they could fit me in sometime?