Fall 2018 Admissions_ Agricultural Economics

Natalie_cain

No problem:) I applied a bunch of applied econ programs except one econ program at Iowa State.

I got an admission from Oregon State this week. Said they will decide about funding by the end of this week. UMD is my dream school! But I haven't heard from it yet. Really nervous now;)

Another post on GC results page suggests that UC DAVIS has already sent out Ag econ PhD admission offers to people mid January. If the poster is around please provide details ... did it include funding offer as well? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Sal2018 said:

Another post on GC results page suggests that UC DAVIS has already sent out Ag econ PhD admission offers to people mid January. If the poster is around please provide details ... did it include funding offer as well? Thanks!

But their ddl for funding priority is mid January… how could it be so fast? 

On 1/31/2018 at 1:55 PM, Natalie_cain said:

No problem:) I applied a bunch of applied econ programs except one econ program at Iowa State.

I got an admission from Oregon State this week. Said they will decide about funding by the end of this week. UMD is my dream school! But I haven't heard from it yet. Really nervous now;)

Natalie, have you heard anything about funding decisions from Oregon state?

17 hours ago, Natalie_cain said:

Nope. Not yet.  Said decisions are still being made. (Did you get admission from Oregon State? Any words about funding?)

I did get admission last week, but I haven't heard anything about funding.

On 2/11/2018 at 12:17 PM, dannyk said:

Hi guys! I've applied to UC Davis, Ohio State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Maryland, Purdue, Michigan State, Cornell ag/applied econ. Got rejected from Purdue, and have not heard from any other programs. So disappointed. :(

From the GC admission results page, it looks like offers are already out for Minnesota, UC Davis and Maryland for the applied/ag econ. I have particular interest in these programs because i have also applied to them. I know the posts for Minnesota are legit because I have also heard back from Minnesota with an admission offer but no funding. As for the posts for Davis and Maryland, it was just one post so don't know if those are legit. Don't lose hope ... since they didn't write back, it looks like you are still in the game.  

1 hour ago, Natalie_cain said:

I got an admission from Minnesota without funding.

Minnesota applied econ program sends out a lot of admission offers without funding. Based on what I have learnt, they have just 5 funded positions to offer each year for the last couple of years. The competition is intense ... :(

3 minutes ago, Natalie_cain said:

Not yet. They said final decisions were made last week. Those who don’t get email this week don’t get allocated funding in the first round. Good luck! 

Today is Thursday already. It is highly possible that I am one of those who didn't get allocated funding in the first round.  Good luck for you too!  I haven't got any other offers so far, so nervous....

On 2/11/2018 at 1:17 AM, dannyk said:

Hi guys! I've applied to UC Davis, Ohio State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Maryland, Purdue, Michigan State, Cornell ag/applied econ. Got rejected from Purdue, and have not heard from any other programs. So disappointed. :(

Also rejected from Purdue. Got into Minnesota and into UConn with possible funding. Did anyone apply to Rhode Island? Kind of a small program I think... Still waiting to hear back.

10 hours ago, VMaz said:

Also rejected from Purdue. Got into Minnesota and into UConn with possible funding. Did anyone apply to Rhode Island? Kind of a small program I think... Still waiting to hear back.

"Got into Minnesota ... with possible funding" ..... Could you please elaborate? Did they write to you saying there is possibility of funding? because in the letter I received from the department, they mentioned that they are unable to offer me funding. Did they mention otherwise in your letter? Thanks!