2018 Results Megathread (Acceptances , Waitlists, Rejections)

5 hours ago, slb2be13 said:

Same! praying for a miracle in terms of funding, because I really did not think I was going to get in! trying to decide between vanderbilt and my current undergrad, which is under half the price.... also considering MGH, but they're even more expensive than vandy!

Yup same exact boat -- the scholarship offer I got from Emerson would make them less than half the cost of Vanderbilt too... it's insane how expensive everything is! Hoping vandy pulls through with some offer of aid too, good luck to us both!

Accepted to University of Iowa!  Very excited (it's my first choice), but also a bit worried about the out-of-state tuition costs.  I'm hoping I'll be offered an assistantship so that I can at least get in-state tuition fees.

On 3/7/2018 at 3:49 PM, jnbfutureslp said:

I got waitlisted at Idaho State on Monday which is a nice change from the 2 rejections I’ve received from Midwestern (Glendale) and NYU online last semester :/. Anyone else waitlisted at Idaho? They’re my top choice!

I was also waitlisted for Idaho. 

On 3/5/2018 at 11:23 AM, jb2018 said:

I've been accepted to Loma Linda, Northern Arizona University, and Our Lady of the Lake. Did anyone hear back from any of these? Does anyone have any recommendations/advice about them? Thanks! 

I was accepted to NAU. Seems like a good program.  I'm from LA so the small town feel is a nice change.  

4 minutes ago, jnbfutureslp said:

have you heard anything about people getting off the waitlist at Idaho in the past?

That I don't know.  I've been waitlisted at Redlands  as well.  Redlands said they anticipate taking people from the waitlist but Idaho didn't elaborate. 

Just wanted to post my acceptances, if anyone has any feedback about any of the schools, please let me know! 

B.S. Communication Disorders and Sciences  (graduating Spring 2018) | Minor in Special Education | Honors College

Overall GPA: 3.80 | CDS: 3.91 

GRE scores: 153V/159Q/4.0AW

Applying to: Georgia State University (Interviewed) | University of Georgia | University of Oregon | San Diego State University | Cal State Long Beach (Interview) | Cal State Northridge | Cal State Fullerton 

Admitted | Waitlisted | Rejected

I was accepted to Adelphi (2/17), Touro (2/20) and St. John's (3/13). I interviewed at CUNY Brooklyn and CUNY Queens earlier this month, but I've yet to receive a final response from either school. I was rejected from CUNY Hunter today (3/16). Hunter was my top school so I was hoping for the chance to interview before I was rejected...

1 hour ago, arg72441 said:

Just wanted to post my acceptances, if anyone has any feedback about any of the schools, please let me know! 

B.S. Communication Disorders and Sciences  (graduating Spring 2018) | Minor in Special Education | Honors College

Overall GPA: 3.80 | CDS: 3.91 

GRE scores: 153V/159Q/4.0AW

Applying to: Georgia State University (Interviewed) | University of Georgia | University of Oregon | San Diego State University | Cal State Long Beach (Interview) | Cal State Northridge | Cal State Fullerton 

Admitted | Waitlisted | Rejected

Not gonna lie... I'm surprised you got into all of those programs with those stats (good but not outstanding). Gives the rest of us hope.

I got rejection from CSU LA and wait listed in CSU Long Beach. Very much bummed because my interview went so well with CSU LA. I guess I was not good enough. Not sure what I can change for the next year. Maybe more experience. Still waiting for CSUN. I applied only to three schools, since I can’t move outside LA area.

big big bummer 

On 3/10/2018 at 7:45 AM, amyjw said:

My top two choices (which I'm lucky enough to be able to choose between) are Rush and IU.

Now I have to choose!

Rush: $$$, closer to home, impressive reputation and faculty, exciting location

IU: $ (I get in-state since I went to HS & undergrad here), further away (~4.5 hrs), I know the town and school very well.

Thoughts?

If I were you I would really think about what it is that made you pick those as your top two. What makes one stand out from the other?? Is there something that one has that you KNOW you could not be successful without?  Coming from someone who chose a program 6 hours from home, I think doing this thinking really helped me when I made my decision. No matter what you choose,  in reality it is a short, but huge part of your life. Really think about what you need to be successful in the program!

If you are thinking more financially than what draws you specifically to one versus the other,  I would take the cheaper option. Our field is in high demand for jobs right now and if you feel you could get equal opportunity from both, why not save money as an added bonus?! But that's just me ^_^  No matter where you end up I'm sure you will love your experience! Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Edited by koalalover1

On 3/17/2018 at 7:14 AM, swimbikespeech said:

Has anyone gotten a rejection from Cal State Long Beach? I mean I'm assuming I was rejected but I've just heard crickets from them since applying...

I would call their department and make an inquiry if you want a definitive answer. Acceptance letters did go out and I heard that they are in the process of doing a second review period for those who are waitlisted. Those who were waitlisted were also emailed too!