2018 Results Megathread (Acceptances , Waitlists, Rejections)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not gonna lie... I'm surprised you got into all of those programs with those stats (good but not outstanding). Gives the rest of us hope.

What in the world. Those aren’t good stats? So what would be considered “good stats”?

I also didn't include my leadership, my thesis/research experience, and other things.  But glad to give people hope. 

23 minutes ago, WeridoPeach said:

Do you know any 3 year applicants have gotten any acceptance or rejection news from SJSU? The waiting really drives me nuts... :(

I haven't heard if any have gotten acceptances/rejections, but it does seem like they're doing them in waves (I saw some people had already posted yesterday and honestly thought I didn't get in!) I wouldn't get discouraged yet, they're probably just sending them out over this (and possibly next) week! :)

13 hours ago, WeridoPeach said:

Do you know any 3 year applicants have gotten any acceptance or rejection news from SJSU? The waiting really drives me nuts... :(

I am accepted into their 3-year EMA program. I received the acceptance email yesterday afternoon. 

20 hours ago, WeridoPeach said:

Thanks and congrats to your admission! I haven't heard anything from them so far so Im losing my hope now...   :unsure:

Thanks. Don't lose hope yet. I think they are sending out emails in waves. In the open house, they said they sometimes send out emails through June. 

1 hour ago, ready2beSLP said:

Congrats! You got into grad school!! When did your interview and are you likely to accept this offer?

Thank you! I believe so. The only thing that would change my mind would be getting off the waitlist at Pacific University  but I don't see that happening...

On 3/27/2018 at 7:33 AM, ready2beSLP said:

University of Redlands! I am really concerned about financial aid because I would have to use loans to pay for all $62k for Redlands. This is definitely a huge factor in choosing what school to attend. I'm from Chicago so I'm not concerned with the traffic (knowing it's a little worse)!

Just as babykoala pointed out, I am an IL resident so the State University Grant would not apply to me. :( This is why I would be concerned with getting licensed from IL to CA... We shall see. I know that Carbondale is a higher ranked program than Redlands according to US News. I'm leaning towards Carbondale now that I realized how many loans I would have to take if I attend Redlands. 

I saw this and I'm doing the opposite, lol! I'm from Redlands and visit regularly but will be moving to IL! Redlands is lovely, the city has an amazing feel that is unique in Southern California and that area. I hope you love it! Also , only one freeway through Redlands, so no real traffic~

I had a 3.85 GPA GRE- V:157, Q:160, AW: 4.5. ABA experience as an RBT, undergrad clinician experience, and study abroad experience 

Accepted: SDSU, Boulder, ASU, University of Arizona, UT Dallas (with funding), Northern Colorado (Dean's Scholarship), Northern Arizona

Waitlisted: CSULB

Denied: UW

Haven't made my decision yet!

1 hour ago, monicizzy said:

Congrats! Did you get your response via snail mail, email, or an update on the online student portal?

Via email to my personal email! The portal still shows "refer to grad dept", so they must not update it until you accept the offer or something

On 4/4/2018 at 1:15 AM, snoves said:

Via email to my personal email! The portal still shows "refer to grad dept", so they must not update it until you accept the offer or something

Did you get an official acceptance letter from SJSU or have you just gotten the email so far? 

32 minutes ago, SLP-JC said:

Did you get an official acceptance letter from SJSU or have you just gotten the email so far? 

As far as I know just the e-mail. But I'm not sure if they've sent anything to my permanent address (I love on campus at my current institution).

2 hours ago, snoves said:

As far as I know just the e-mail. But I'm not sure if they've sent anything to my permanent address (I love on campus at my current institution).

Same! I only have the email so I didn't know if I was missing something. Congrats on getting in! :)

On 3/10/2018 at 5:01 AM, schmauds said:

Incredibly thankful for the option to decide among my top choices.  I hope that visiting the schools firsthand will nudge me toward a particular school :-)  Good luck!

Applied: UT Dallas, CSUF, SDSU, UW (MedSLP), MGH

Accepted Waitlisted Rejected

@schmauds I am deciding between UW (MedSLP) and MGH. Could you share with me your pro's and con's of these programs and which you are deciding to commit to?