Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

21 minutes ago, Elle Coronaria said:

A thread for those of us who have more to talk about on the rejection side of things...

Yessssssss. I love everything about this ... well, ya know, except the whole rejection part. 

I'm counting Chicago out at this point, and I'm beginning to think that Duke is a bust, as well. Looking back on it, my Duke fit was tenuous to say the least, but still. Ohhhh well. 

Edited by FreakyFoucault

39 minutes ago, Wooshkuh said:

I haven't heard back from any program, so I'm emotionally preparing myself to be shut out. I'm ready for 'em! 

Same! I am trying to get myself excited for backup plan options. 

44 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

Yessssssss. I love everything about this ... well, ya know, except the whole rejection part. 

I'm counting Chicago out at this point, and I'm beginning to think that Duke is a bust, as well. Looking back on it, my Duke fit was tenuous to say the least, but still. Ohhhh well. 

You got into a program—you’re banned from the topic! Bahaha

3 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

But ... but ... but ... but ... I suggested the title :(

But you’re happy. 

/says the person who’s not even applying to English programs this year! Argh

59 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

Emory and Maryland lookin at uuuu

Don't give up on Maryland! I know the interviews were for the short wait-list but - hey - you could be on the accepted list, or the long wait-list (or, actually, a short wait-list since it wasn't clear if the short wait-list was for the whole cohort or period/area specific spots.)

15 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

But you’re happy.

True, true, je ne regrette rien.

But I'm still going to be salty about rejections. I speak for everyone on this subforum when I say that we're perfect and we deserve 100% acceptance! 

55 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Don't give up on Maryland! I know the interviews were for the short wait-list but - hey - you could be on the accepted list, or the long wait-list (or, actually, a short wait-list since it wasn't clear if the short wait-list was for the whole cohort or period/area specific spots.)

Wait—do you mean that you know the interviewees are going to be waitlisted rather than accepted?

13 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Wait—do you mean that you know the interviewees are going to be waitlisted rather than accepted?

No, I know nothing. I am John Snow. However, I read "interview for a short wait-list" as such. I could be totally wrong. I don't know anyone at Maryland so I cannot confirm. And if I misinterpreted the interview for short wait-list, I'm am the Most Wrong and Most Sorry. I'd imagine @punctilious that whatever vibe (or facts) you got when y'all went down is far more accurate than my tea-leaf attempts.

Edited by a_sort_of_fractious_angel

I'm so glad this thread is up. Between the implied rejection from Emory and the radio silence from OSU (still pending), I'm feeling pretty blue. In good news, my boss let me know yesterday that he values my work and hopes I stick around for a long time. So at least I've got that if this grad school thing falls through...

7 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

I'm so glad this thread is up. Between the implied rejection from Emory and the radio silence from OSU (still pending), I'm feeling pretty blue. In good news, my boss let me know yesterday that he values my work and hopes I stick around for a long time. So at least I've got that if this grad school thing falls through...

I hate that "pending" link. 

1 hour ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

No, I know nothing. I am John Snow. However, I read "interview for a short wait-list" as such. I could be totally wrong. I don't know anyone at Maryland so I cannot confirm. And if I misinterpreted the interview for short wait-list, I'm am the Most Wrong and Most Sorry. I'd imagine @punctilious that whatever vibe you got when y'all went down is far more accurate than my tea-leaf attempts. 

Sorry I’m just being a bit anxious and delusional due to my sickness! What we know for sure is that they said he was “shortlisted” (edit: they said he was on the short list when they invited him to interview). What we understand from other sources is that MAYBE they interviewed candidates based on period/area, like 2-3 candidates per slot. But really we know pretty much nothing. 

Waiting on the official Chicago rejection. No clue what will happen with the rest. I am just PRAYING that he gets an acceptance anywhere. 

Edited by punctilious
Clarity

I just received an email from CMU. This was my first rejection email. I somehow thought the school might not be a great fit for me during the application process, but it still hurts. I also haven't heard from the U of Minnesota, but it seems like at least some applicants have already heard from the school, so it probably means I'm either waitlisted or rejected? 

Edited by littlemy

1 hour ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

I'm so glad this thread is well being well received. I was a little nervous to put it up with the implied negativity. But there's nothing wrong with feeling blue! Also, it's easier to lament+worry when it's not on the same thread with everyone who (deservedly) is receiving the most amazing news!

I'm dealing with the radio silence from OSU and Notre Dame. Rejections went out for Notre Dame today, but I didn't get one. Hence my desire for this thread and the use

of @FreakyFoucault 's fabulous naming skills. 

P.S. Don't worry about Emory. You'll get in somewhere better :D

2 hours ago, FreakyFoucault said:

True, true, je ne regrette rien.

But I'm still going to be salty about rejections. I speak for everyone on this subforum when I say that we're perfect and we deserve 100% acceptance! 

That's a nice thought! I really resent my MA though. I can't help but feel that the MA hurts rather than helps. 

13 minutes ago, Elle Coronaria said:

I'm dealing with the radio silence from OSU and Notre Dame. Rejections went out for Notre Dame today, but I didn't get one. Hence my desire for this thread and the use

Might be an OSU waitlist? Nobody here seems to be reporting that. 

What happens when you login to Notre Dame's portal?

6 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Might be an OSU waitlist? Nobody here seems to be reporting that. 

What happens when you login to Notre Dame's portal?

The portal reports that no decision has been made on my application. It's possible that since my last name is a v, w, x, y, or z that the poor administrator sending out all the rejection emails hasn't sent my rejection yet. 

Edited by Elle Coronaria