Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

(NYU acceptance here - don’t add NYU to your implied rejection list! My POI just happened to be on the admissions committee [pure luck for me] and she said she was excited and wanted to let me know ASAP. I think I happened to be the first person to hear back and most people will hear later into the week.)

Edited by trytostay

On 2/7/2019 at 11:40 AM, FriendlyNeighborhoodWolf said:

What are y'all's backup plans if grad school doesn't work out this cycle?

Cry and play video games in my mom's apartment. Then maybe do some volunteer work I've always wanted to do but couldn't because of school.

18 hours ago, trytostay said:

(NYU acceptance here - don’t add NYU to your implied rejection list! My POI just happened to be on the admissions committee [pure luck for me] and she said she was excited and wanted to let me know ASAP. I think I happened to be the first person to hear back and most people will hear later into the week.)

@trytostay Congrats on NYU! I'm keeping my fingers crossed (probably in vain) to get the same kind of news. It's very thoughtful of you to let us know that more notifications are coming out later this week, thanks for saving us some anxiety--for now at least!

8 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

Well, given that I haven't heard anything from UCSB or Davis, I'm considering myself down and out for this cycle. See you all next year ✌️

you will be missed! you've been a patch of sunshine in some of our dark times :) i wish only the best for you!

2 hours ago, Bopie5 said:

Well, given that I haven't heard anything from UCSB or Davis, I'm considering myself down and out for this cycle. See you all next year ✌️

You're so great, @Bopie5, I'm sorry that this year hasn't worked out so far, but I know great things are coming to you ❤️

On 2/13/2019 at 7:29 PM, Bopie5 said:

aw keep some hope!  but either way, you're awesome and i hope for the best for you!

On 2/13/2019 at 6:35 PM, kendalldinniene said:

You're so great, @Bopie5, I'm sorry that this year hasn't worked out so far, but I know great things are coming to you ❤️

Also, I got my rejection from UCSB right away so perhaps you’re waitlisted!

Received my first rejection yesterday. Princeton was my top choice but in hindsight, the fit was tenuous at best. I didn't let myself have too much hope but it's still disappointing. It's strange how looking back now I can so clearly see why it wouldn't have been a good fit. The human brain does weird things when you want something badly enough.

I turned UCSC and UC Davis to projected rejections after the UCSB official one. I only got 3 I'm waiting on. Stanford and UBC seem like busts considering how poorly my application has been received elsewhere. UVic also has small cohorts, but I felt my fit was good there. Either way next week should deliver that final nail...

Here’s a question from a yearning heart! If a school already sent out acceptances and waitlists, would it be best to consider that school a rejection? I recently found out from the forums (I used to rely only on the results page) that U of Southern California sent out 12 waitlists, which was a painful moment, not having seen any on the results page. Also, the delay of sending out rejections makes one hope for a brighter future.

But I prefer the guillotine.

8 minutes ago, cassidyaxx said:

I'm still calling UOregon as a projected rejection, but has anyone been in contact with the department to see if they've sent out all acceptances and waitlists yet?

A friend of mine doing post bac there was told that the decisions would go out at the end of this month. The person she spoke to believed it was their job to alert students to acceptances, and said that decisions and funding still had not been completely figured out so they had not alerted anyone. 

This was the same day the acceptances went up on the board, so, I really don’t know what the hell is going on, haha.

30 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

A friend of mine doing post bac there was told that the decisions would go out at the end of this month. The person she spoke to believed it was their job to alert students to acceptances, and said that decisions and funding still had not been completely figured out so they had not alerted anyone. 

This was the same day the acceptances went up on the board, so, I really don’t know what the hell is going on, haha.

Huh, that's definitely interesting lol. Thanks though, I guess we will see what happens at the end of the month! I knew quite a few acceptances were out but I hadn't seen any waitlisted results so I wasn't sure what was going on.

3 minutes ago, cassidyaxx said:

Huh, that's definitely interesting lol. Thanks though, I guess we will see what happens at the end of the month! I knew quite a few acceptances were out but I hadn't seen any waitlisted results so I wasn't sure what was going on.

Yeah I’ve kinda got my fingers crossed for a waitlist scenario-hopefully we’ll know soon!

Edited by kendalldinniene