Jump to content

Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for this generous interpretation, which I can endorse! Each admissions season, I read about 200 applications of roughly 60 pages each--while teaching, writing, and completing departmental searc

i just want to chime in here to remind everyone that grad school admissions is only one way to get a rejection. for instance: a prof on an admissions committee could've been rejected at any of

Posted Images

11 hours ago, hng said:

@D13charlie and any others who haven't heard from UVA: I just e-mailed them asking what was up, so hopefully I'll hear something at least on Monday and I will post about it then.

I emailed too but assuming it is another rejection (1w, 8r) and asking for feedback. Can compare notes when I hear back!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2018 at 3:55 PM, hng said:

@D13charlie and any others who haven't heard from UVA: I just e-mailed them asking what was up, so hopefully I'll hear something at least on Monday and I will post about it then.

I was in the same boat with UVA; I just got an email from the admissions director that I'm on the "long waitlist" (I assume a secondary waitlist, since official waitlist notifications went out last week) and an offer of admission is unlikely, and was offered a place in their MA program instead. FYI for anyone else still waiting to hear back!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw some USC English rejections on the results page and they stated that they only found out due to a random portal check.

Checked my portal and no letter to be found. Perhaps they are just being late with my rejection?

Or, does anyone know if USC does an invisible waitlist, meaning not informing you if you are on it? - I'm thinking of emailing them and my other remaining programs soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LibraryLivingJT said:

Saw some USC English rejections on the results page and they stated that they only found out due to a random portal check.

Checked my portal and no letter to be found. Perhaps they are just being late with my rejection?

Or, does anyone know if USC does an invisible waitlist, meaning not informing you if you are on it? - I'm thinking of emailing them and my other remaining programs soon.

Hi! I am on the waitlist at USC and was notified via email the same day they did their acceptances. When I check the portal it still says submitted and nothing else. I can't answer your question about the possibility of an invisible waitlist but when I spoke with who I assume to be the DGS today he mentioned that things have been quite hectic over there. I also happen to know that they are hiring right now and are in the process of job talks so the department is quite busy and I think they just may be a little behind on these sorts of things. Hope this helps! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, clinamen said:

Hi! I am on the waitlist at USC and was notified via email the same day they did their acceptances. When I check the portal it still says submitted and nothing else. I can't answer your question about the possibility of an invisible waitlist but when I spoke with who I assume to be the DGS today he mentioned that things have been quite hectic over there. I also happen to know that they are hiring right now and are in the process of job talks so the department is quite busy and I think they just may be a little behind on these sorts of things. Hope this helps! 

This definitely helps and explains things; thank you so much! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, roycedoyce said:

So what kind of results are we expecting this week? I'm still waiting on UC Riverside and UCSB...

I’m still waiting on Riverside too! Also, does anyone think that the University of Washington might post this week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roycedoyce said:

I think that UW will notify soon too - considering that in past years they notified on 3/1 or 3/2

I’m hoping for some UW news this week as well!! It definitely looks like in the past they have made their funded offers on the 1st and 2nd. I did my undergrad in the PNW so I’d love to get back there ?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cafeduneant said:

Is anyone else being ghosted by Columbia? Looks like mostly everyone has received notice, but I haven't received anything. Wondering if it's a glitch, since waitlists went out, too... I'm also waiting to hear from Brown. 

The limbo... it's so frustrating.

When I talked to the Brown grad manager last week, I told her my husband's name and she said it "should be a good thing" that we haven't heard yet, and that they do not have a wait list, but some applicants have been "set aside" and are "pending." Whatever all that means.

GOOD LUCK!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another waiting for Washington!  I'm not allowing myself to think that they'll have movement this week since moooost of the week is still going to be February, so I'm hegding my bets on next week! 

Also waiting and stressing over UCSB :wacko: I just want into the admissions panels braaaiiinnnsss, what's taking so long??

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, roycedoyce said:

So what kind of results are we expecting this week? I'm still waiting on UC Riverside and UCSB...

Also. These are the only two schools I got full applications into. 

I emailed the graduate advisor for ucsb (who'd answered questions for me before) and the email bounced back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rejected at Harvard! I suppose I'll never get the satisfaction of pummeling a Yalie. Oh well. 

3 acceptances and 13 rejections is the final tally! It's been a wild ride, folks, but I'm glad to have gone through it with you all! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.