Civil & Environmental Engineering - Fall 2018 Applicants

strawberrykat

Hi guys. I haven't seen many Civil & Environmental Engineering applicants on the site so I figured I would start a thread for the few that exist. I would love to know what schools people have already heard back from. 

So far I have been accepted to PhD programs at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Virginia Tech, and Northwestern. 

14 hours ago, strawberrykat said:

Hi guys. I haven't seen many Civil & Environmental Engineering applicants on the site so I figured I would start a thread for the few that exist. I would love to know what schools people have already heard back from. 

So far I have been accepted to PhD programs at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Virginia Tech, and Northwestern. 

Would you mind posting your stats? From the GEM fellowship, I'm going to the CEE Open House at Northwestern next week, but I haven't gotten an acceptance, did they reach out to you about that too, or just accepted you?

I agree, it does seem like a cool school. I really like their emphasis on "whole brain engineers."

I also applied to Carnegie Mellon, and then 2 reach schools Stanford and MIT (don't really expect to hear back from those lol).

Are you pursuing a master's or PhD in civil/environmental?

MS (with final intent of PhD) applicant here, in civil systems/water resources. I've been accepted at CU Boulder, waiting to hear from UT Austin, Berkeley, and Stanford. I've had some level of "things look good!" contact from UT and Berkeley, but does anyone have a better idea of when decisions generally go out? Seems like maybe mid February for most programs?

I have a job offer I'd be happy to take if I don't get any funded offers, but I told them I'd let them know by mid-march.

Northwestern is indeed awesome, congrats to both of you! I almost did my undergrad there. But, I'm over cold winters, 

I looked at last year's stats. A lot of Berkeley admissions came out on Feb 27. UT results came out as early as Jan 25.

I want to get funding, but since I'm applying for MS with no intent of PhD, the hope is low...

I'm doing my undergrad in Cornell. Probably colder than Northwestern :)

I was admitted by UT Austin. My status was updated in the portal but no one from the department has not contacted me yet. 

I saw in the results page that a PhD applicant was unofficially admitted by a professor at MIT. I haven’t heard anything from MIT though. 

I have applied to a variety of PhD programs, most in Civil Engineering. I applied to Oregon State University (two programs: Civil Engineering and Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science), UCLA (Civil Engineering), Georgia Tech (Ocean Science Engineering/Civil Engineering), North Carolina State University (Civil Engineering) and Delaware (Civil Engineering). 

I don't have a background in engineering so I wasn't really sure how I'd fair plus my undergrad GPA wasn't the best. So far I have gotten into North Carolina State, Oregon State (Civil program) and Georgia Tech. Super excited!!