Fall 2018 CANADIAN universities

Allbert

1 hour ago, MacDev27 said:

I don't think it will hurt you. On the contrary, from my experience it shows that you are keen -- no one will bring that up against you à la "they really want to come here, hence we don't make them an offer"...

Thanks for weighing in!:) What you said is how I was rationalising it in my head. Like, they're not going to reject me cos I asked!

Lemme write to him and see... Oh mannn...the possibility of the final rejection is what's got me quaking. But, must face my fearsB)

Hey guys, 

I’m seriously tired of waiting. I already emailed Ryerson on the 1st of March and they gave me a vague waiting time between March and April. I don’t know if I should email them again to confirm. I’m just so anxious. I’m an international student by the way for the master of journalism. HELP ME!!!!!

On 2018-03-16 at 4:07 PM, TheWillToDo said:

Oh sorry ?! When did you hear from the schools? Are you a domestic or international applicant?

Thank you.. I heard back from UVic on march 18th and today I have received UofT ' verdict' : also refusal. I am Domestic .

4 hours ago, T-boy said:

Hey guys, 

I’m seriously tired of waiting. I already emailed Ryerson on the 1st of March and they gave me a vague waiting time between March and April. I don’t know if I should email them again to confirm. I’m just so anxious. I’m an international student by the way for the master of journalism. HELP ME!!!!!

I wouldn't email them again. Perhaps email them again after the first week of April. 

Anyone else heard back from University of Alberta? Got my acceptance last week. Simon Fraser should be getting back this week, think I got in there, got a vague mail from the Graduate Chair but seemed promising. Concordia rejected me, usual response "too many strong applicants' etc. 

I'm giving up hope on Carleton almost with no end to this strike business. 

Anyone else at U. of A or SFU? 

Intl. Applicant btw. 

9 hours ago, Allbert said:

Thank you.. I heard back from UVic on march 18th and today I have received UofT ' verdict' : also refusal. I am Domestic .

I'm sincerely sorry for the rejects! If you've applied to any other school, I hope you get in. 

I got a reject from Cleveland State Uni. Waiting on SFU and UManitoba. I emailed UManitoba and the response was, I should be expecting  decision in April so I have timeline. 

By the way, I am an international applicant. 

On 3/21/2018 at 8:58 AM, Sagnik_G said:

Anyone else heard back from University of Alberta? Got my acceptance last week. Simon Fraser should be getting back this week, think I got in there, got a vague mail from the Graduate Chair but seemed promising. Concordia rejected me, usual response "too many strong applicants' etc. 

Intl. Applicant btw. 

Not heard back from u of a....I emailed the department they said they are waiting for the letter to arrive from fgsr.......I don't know how much time it will take.....?.......highly anxious .....

On 3/21/2018 at 6:13 AM, Sagnik_G said:

Intl. Applicant btw. 

Hey,

I also applied to SFU and I'm an international applicant but I haven't got any news yet. 

What programme did you apply for? Which department?

Good luck to us!

10 hours ago, TheWillToDo said:

Hey,

I also applied to SFU and I'm an international applicant but I haven't got any news yet. 

What programme did you apply for? Which department?

Good luck to us!

I applied to MA Political Science. Last Sunday I got an email from the Grad. Chair saying she hoped I would be accepting their offer, but I hadn't received an official University offer yet. I spoke to the Grad. Coordinator and she said the dept. reccomendations were out but the central office of the University was a little backlogged in sending out the official letters, but they were definitely intending to get everything out by this month.

Good luck to you as well!

52 minutes ago, Sagnik_G said:

I applied to MA Political Science. Last Sunday I got an email from the Grad. Chair saying she hoped I would be accepting their offer, but I hadn't received an official University offer yet. I spoke to the Grad. Coordinator and she said the dept. reccomendations were out but the central office of the University was a little backlogged in sending out the official letters, but they were definitely intending to get everything out by this month.

Good luck to you as well!

It's a good news for you from the grad chair; congrats! And thanks much for the piece of information. It kinda help to ease my the tension I'm having.

I hope they roll out the decisions before the month ends or else I don't know what I'll do....I'm so anxious! 

On 3/21/2018 at 4:13 AM, Sagnik_G said:

Intl. Applicant btw. 

I solicited a mail from the department at SFU. Told by the Graduate Chair on Mar. 20th that I was on the waitlist and would be hearing from them once my name comes up from the waitlist. The email though had a positive tone about it. I'm keeping fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, Nat828 said:

I got my first acceptance this morning from Royal Roads University! Does anyone know anything about this school? Still waiting to hear back from U of Ottawa and Carleton. 

Hey!!!!!!

finally some good news. I am excited for you. I hope you get other ones as well. 

21 hours ago, Nat828 said:

I got my first acceptance this morning from Royal Roads University! Does anyone know anything about this school? Still waiting to hear back from U of Ottawa and Carleton. 

Congratulations on your acceptance.

I suppose you haven't heard a peep from Carleton at all? I saw on Twitter the most recent round of negotiations on the 28th and 29th have also failed. And the strike continues. :( No idea when I might hear back on my application at all...

6 hours ago, Sagnik_G said:

Congratulations on your acceptance.

I suppose you haven't heard a peep from Carleton at all? I saw on Twitter the most recent round of negotiations on the 28th and 29th have also failed. And the strike continues. :( No idea when I might hear back on my application at all...

Hey, absolutele silence from Carleton... I emailed them at the beginning of the month and haven’t heard a single thing.. I might try sending them a message thru Facebook (they are still actively posting there). Might not get a helpful answer, but they might be able to tell us how long it will take until we hear back. 

7 hours ago, Nat828 said:

Hey, absolutele silence from Carleton... I emailed them at the beginning of the month and haven’t heard a single thing.. I might try sending them a message thru Facebook (they are still actively posting there). Might not get a helpful answer, but they might be able to tell us how long it will take until we hear back. 

Thank you. I emailed one of the academic staff in place of the program administrator, still no reply. I might try facebook as well then, thanks for the pro tip! 

On 3/21/2018 at 6:13 AM, Sagnik_G said:

Intl. Applicant btw. 

I got a reject email from SFU today. Good luck to you.