Fall 2018 CANADIAN universities

Allbert

This is my first time applying for Masters. Applied only to Mcgill as its really the only school with the program I want (at least within Canada). Deadline was Dec 1, I dont think I was this stressed for applying for my undergrad as I am now. The decision cant come soon enough. At least I know from one of my references that the head of the dept texted him asking about me, so they have at least seen my application. 

Hello dear fellows from our True North !

Anyone got any newzz from the front yet? 

This week I guess we will be getting some ! I am bitting my lips and sitting on my hands here! 

Good luck to all o' us !

Applied for the Master's of Political Management at Carleton, that's it (only program I'm interested in, I'm just going to apply every year until I get in haha). Applications were due Feb 1st and mine currently says "Recommended for Assessment," whatever that means. Anyone have previous experience applying at Carleton in terms of decision timelines?

1 hour ago, melissadee said:

Applied for the Master's of Political Management at Carleton, that's it (only program I'm interested in, I'm just going to apply every year until I get in haha). Applications were due Feb 1st and mine currently says "Recommended for Assessment," whatever that means. Anyone have previous experience applying at Carleton in terms of decision timelines?

Carleton sent me their offer in late Feb/very early March last year. But I'm guessing this depends on the program/department and not the school. 

This year my application status has not changed to "Recommended for Assessment" yet (btw that means "Your application has been submitted to the admission committee of the academic unit to which you have applied." according to their website) even though it was due on Feb 1 as well 

19 minutes ago, A2018 said:

Carleton sent me their offer in late Feb/very early March last year. But I'm guessing this depends on the program/department and not the school. 

This year my application status has not changed to "Recommended for Assessment" yet (btw that means "Your application has been submitted to the admission committee of the academic unit to which you have applied." according to their website) even though it was due on Feb 1 as well 

Okay, thanks! Hopefully the timeline for my department is just as quick - last year I had friends getting grad school offers in May!

On 27/1/2018 at 8:52 PM, Gronk17 said:

I too have applied to U of T for the MFE and my application is now under review. 

I have also applied for UBC, Western, and Queens for their MA Econ programs, as well as Laurier for their Business Econ with co op (which I have already been accepted to, but I must wait probably another month for other admissions) 

good luck to all !!

hey! hi, how are you doing?

Are you canadian or international student?

when did you apply for the MABE? did you get the offer in ur email? thanks!

3 hours ago, ChelMPH said:

Is the waiting it out for Canadian schools killing anyone else? I've been logging into my school's portals daily, knowing we probably won't hear anything until March/April :blink: Seeing all the U.S. school acceptances is hard!!

literally me!!! You're not alone :( My programs are very explicit on their websites (offers are being sent out in March) but I still keep checking my portals obsessively everyday! I'm on the results page here on gradcafe several times a day... 

14 hours ago, A2018 said:

literally me!!! You're not alone :( My programs are very explicit on their websites (offers are being sent out in March) but I still keep checking my portals obsessively everyday! I'm on the results page here on gradcafe several times a day... 

Yes same here, I am on here often! I need March to come quicker :unsure:

I applied for early acceptance (January 31) to the MES program at Western and received an offer 3 days later. The quick response surprised me but was welcomed. I have also applied for the MSc Environmental Sustainability program at Ottawa to which I am still waiting on a reply. Does anyone know when Ottawa typically send their decisions out?

Hello!

I'm from the U.S. and hoping to get into McMasters University for Anthropology.  Had a Skype interview with the prospective adviser as well as with a few of the Ph.D students.  Seems like a great school and is in my top 3! 

Good luck to you all!

Hey all.

International student here who really wants to study in Canada.

I'm a Poli. Sc. Honours student in India at the moment, I've applied to Master's in that and related fields at a number of Canadian institutions like Carleton U. McGill U., SFU, University of Alberta and Concordia. 

Not sure how it's going to turn out, McGill is 'Under review' at the moment, the others I'll maybe hear back late Feb to late March. Fingers crossed. 

On 07/02/2018 at 8:05 PM, Darren09 said:

I applied for early acceptance (January 31) to the MES program at Western and received an offer 3 days later. The quick response surprised me but was welcomed. I have also applied for the MSc Environmental Sustainability program at Ottawa to which I am still waiting on a reply. Does anyone know when Ottawa typically send their decisions out?

Hi! For the MSc Environmental Sustainability (uOttawa) I got accepted at the end of March in 2017. I reapplied this year with OGS but haven't heard from either. I also applied to the Central European University in Budapest for the MSc Environmental Sciences and Policy. 

12 hours ago, cosmicrey said:

Hi! For the MSc Environmental Sustainability (uOttawa) I got accepted at the end of March in 2017. I reapplied this year with OGS but haven't heard from either. I also applied to the Central European University in Budapest for the MSc Environmental Sciences and Policy. 

Thank you... I guess i will just continue to wait with bated breath! Congrats on the OGS, I wish I had known about that opportunity in December, oh well. 

I was at work one day having a discussion with a customer who ended up being a professor at Brock, he is also a part time thesis advisor at Masstrucht University in the Netherlands for their Sustainable Science and Policy program. He had nothing but good things to say about teaching in Europe and was especially fond of the progressive nature of their teaching styles. Good luck on your applications!

On 1/30/2018 at 3:58 PM, phyanth said:

Hi all! I'm applying to UVic for a PhD in Anthropology as a US applicant. Does anyone know if Canadian schools let international students know of decisions earlier for visa/planning purposes?

When I applied in 2016, my student visa only took a week or two from the time of application.  IRCC was very, very quick, so I didn't need an early decision.  YMMV.

3 hours ago, Piagetsky said:

When I applied in 2016, my student visa only took a week or two from the time of application.  IRCC was very, very quick, so I didn't need an early decision.  YMMV.

Thank you! That’s great to know

Hi everyone,

So glad to have found this forum! Did anyone else apply for a MA in Communication? I applied to U of Ottawa, McGill, and Carleton and I really hate the waiting.... Been checking the online portals way too often. Good luck to everyone!

I applied to McMaster, U of M, Carleton, Waterloo, York, Queens, and LSE (Doesn't count as Canadian) haha. I'm applying for my MA in Sociology. 

But, i've been accepted to McMaster with a18,500$ funding package, Queens University (no words yet on funding), and U of M (no word yet on funding). Still waiting for the other responses. McMaster said they'd match funding so hopefully, I get more options although i'm very happy with McMaster. 

So happy to see a Canadian thread here :) <3

Just found out there is a chance I might not hear back from McGill till April or May. This is based on what the program im applying for, and how they choose their graduates. Q year applicants get a second chance to submit their applications after reviewing them with profs... This pushes back the decision date for everyone.