Fall 2018 CANADIAN universities

Allbert

Waiting is hard! :P  Of course, one of the programs I’ve applied to still has applications open until March 16th, and one other only had applications close February 15th.  Still, it would be nice to have an answer and be able to move on with my life.  My current work contract ends March 16th, so I’m also busy looking for jobs.  I have to either be in school or working as a dietitian to maintain my registered dietitian credential, so if I don’t find a job or get into a PhD, I might be looking at a second master’s degree!  Craziness, but that’s life. I’m a military spouse, so we move every 4 years or so (my husband is an officer), which makes finding and keeping long-term employment challenging!  

Anybody accepted to York University Social and Political Thought PhD? I'm crossing my fingers that I can get off the wait list as it's my first choice program for next year.

Just waiting to hear some good news from international students at the moment. Especially for Carleton and Ryerson U. At least I would know there is hope. 

42 minutes ago, T-boy said:

Just waiting to hear some good news from international students at the moment. Especially for Carleton and Ryerson U. At least I would know there is hope. 

Same with me too! I'm beginning to lose hope. 

Where are you from?

I've just been speaking to my POI at McGill (I applied for the Psychology PhD, thesis option).

He said that he had already completed interviews, and sent out admissions, and the department should be similar, so I guess that means if we haven't heard anything that it is a rejection. 

The email was as follows:

"I have already conducted interviews and made offers. Sorry if the department has not yet notified you--I think they wait until everything is final before doing so. I know this isn't the best news (having been rejected to over 30 graduate programs myself before finally getting in!). I hope things work out for you."

1 hour ago, TheWillToDo said:

Great! I'm from Ghana. 

Which schools did you apply to and what programs?

Nice!!! 

I applied to both Carleton and Ryerson University. Masters in Journalism. 

Wbu? 

Edited by T-boy
Skipped a word

7 hours ago, TheWillToDo said:

Anybody here who has applied to Uni. Manitoba or SFU? Any update? The wait is draining my blood. We are in mid March already! I'm losing weight from waiting too long!

I was accepted into Manitoba's MPA program on March 5th (status changed on portal). I received a notification email two days later.

6 minutes ago, megtree said:

I was accepted into Manitoba's MPA program on March 5th (status changed on portal). I received a notification email two days later.

Wow, congratulations! At least, this means something.

Are you a domestic applicant or international? 

11 minutes ago, TheWillToDo said:

Wow, congratulations! At least, this means something.

Are you a domestic applicant or international? 

Thank you! I'm a domestic student.

Edit: (Also, for any who are curious, my deadline to reply is March 28th)

Edited by megtree

52 minutes ago, TheWillToDo said:

Good luck to you!

I applied to  Simon Fraser University ( Urban Studies) and Uni. Manitoba (Social Work)

Goodluck to you too. 

I pray we get good news soon. The wait is agonizing to say the least. 

40 minutes ago, megtree said:

My pleasure! 

I'm sure they're reaching out to domestic students first before international base on the responses they will get from the offers sent. 

Fingers crossed ?!

Hello fellow applicants,

I have applied to McMaster, uOttawaWestern University, SFU for MSc in Computer Science (My BSc is also in Computer Science)

I see that there are not many in my area for Canada -actually I've found no one :o-

I haven't heard from any of the universities yet. It seems under 'Review'.

But in the Studen portal page for Western Uni there is a number that goes '3 2018'. Anyone knows what that means? Should I expect a decision in March?

image.png.5ccaca71ec1ab15481995b23bd44c7ba.png

Good luck to you all!

Edited by Ertugrul

On 2018-03-07 at 12:40 PM, barl0025 said:

Anybody accepted to York University Social and Political Thought PhD? I'm crossing my fingers that I can get off the wait list as it's my first choice program for next year.

I don’t know them personally but I saw someone on Facebook saying they got accepted. 

On 2018-03-08 at 8:45 AM, T-boy said:

Not the same program as yours but I got accepted to Carleton as an international student. 

2 hours ago, A2018 said:

I don’t know them personally but I saw someone on Facebook saying they got accepted. 

Not the same program as yours but I got accepted to Carleton as an international student. 

Do you know if they are accepting the offer for Social and Political Thought or rejecting? I am wait listed and hoping to get a spot in the program.

23 hours ago, megtree said:

I contacted one of the academic officers of the department (Social Work) I applied to and she wrote back that they're currently reviewing applications for the September 2018 start and should be expecting  decisions in April. So  am waiting!