Fall 2018 CANADIAN universities

Allbert

2 hours ago, barl0025 said:

Do you know if they are accepting the offer for Social and Political Thought or rejecting? I am wait listed and hoping to get a spot in the program.

They are trying to choose between 2 schools. Sorry this isn’t really answering your question :( 

I’m also wait listed for a different program so I know how you feel 

Edited by A2018

5 minutes ago, MehK said:

Seriously, eh! Just get back to us already!!!

I am unable to focus on anything else.. and I feel like the wait is seriously affecting my mental health!!!  :(:unsure:

I had a dream about getting offers ugh. I will be so crushed when I get rejected.... 

4 minutes ago, A2018 said:

I had a dream about getting offers ugh. I will be so crushed when I get rejected.... 

Awh!  That's a nice dream to have! :) Don't worry, I am sure you will!! :) What program have you applied to at UofT?

Ps. I see that you got accepted at Carleton! That's a win!! Congratulations!!! :) 

5 minutes ago, MehK said:

Awh!  That's a nice dream to have! :) Don't worry, I am sure you will!! :) What program have you applied to at UofT?

Ps. I see that you got accepted at Carleton! That's a win!! Congratulations!!! :) 

Thank you!! :)

I applied to the PhD in Information Studies 

2 hours ago, TheWillToDo said:

I contacted one of the academic officers of the department (Social Work) I applied to and she wrote back that they're currently reviewing applications for the September 2018 start and should be expecting  decisions in April. So  am waiting! 

I am expecting to hear from one of my programs in April as well; all this waiting is driving me mental, but it's nice to have an actual time frame. I'm checking the programs with unknown decision timelines 4x a day. It's excessive. :P 

Crossing my fingers for you! =)

Edited by megtree
grammar

7 hours ago, A2018 said:

I don’t know them personally but I saw someone on Facebook saying they got accepted. 

Not the same program as yours but I got accepted to Carleton as an international student. 

Hey!!!! Congratulations!!!  

Excited for you. 

Finally some good news and hope. When did you get the news? And what program? 

U of Ottawa told me today that they will be making their decisions soon. The waiting is so hard! 

I emailed Carleton about their acceptance “procedure” on Monday, but haven’t heard anything back. They posted something about the strike on Facebook; I’m sure I’m not on their priority list to get back to.. 

Fingers crossed for everyone here! 

The admin staff at Carleton are on strike and I've been told this will cause some delay in sending out offers

Thank you T-Boy, I got accepted last week (Communication) and my status changed to Reviewed by the School of Graduate Studies (or something). 

8 hours ago, megtree said:

I am expecting to hear from one of my programs in April as well; all this waiting is driving me mental, but it's nice to have an actual time frame. I'm checking the programs with unknown decision timelines 4x a day. It's excessive. :P 

Crossing my fingers for you! =)

Thank you ?!

I know right, the wait is really frustrating! I can't tell how many times I log into my app status to see if there's an update. As a matter of fact, right after I received the email from the department's office telling me it's in April and all that, I logged into my app status hoping there might be some update, lol! The wait is really weighing on me.

What was the other program you applied for? In the same school (Manitoba)?.

Anyway, good luck ? 

Edited by TheWillToDo

14 hours ago, Tash28 said:

Has anyone applied and heard back from the OISE CP program?

Hey, I have applied to MEd in CP at OISE and haven't heard a peep.

I see a few people that have posted on the results page saying they have been accepted... lucky them!!

On 3/10/2018 at 1:11 AM, A2018 said:

The admin staff at Carleton are on strike and I've been told this will cause some delay in sending out offers

Thank you T-Boy, I got accepted last week (Communication) and my status changed to Reviewed by the School of Graduate Studies (or something). 

That’s really nice. I’m happy for you, at least some good news. For the graduate program yeah? I’ll just wait for their strike to come to an end before I start checking again 

2 hours ago, Nat828 said:

Which program did you apply to? I already got a rejection from McGill (Communication Studies). And I’m an intl. student :)

Sorry to hear about the rejection.

I applied to Political Science Masters. Status still says " Under review" as it has for a month or so now. 

Edit: Irony is that I get an ad for McGill even as I write this. 

Edited by Sagnik_G

Hi all,

I am an international student and I applied to McGill for the Integrated Program of Neuroscience. The deadline for the application is the 15th of march.

Does someone has an idea to how long it takes to have the results? My file is already "in review" since a week.

Thank you,

Aurélie

Ah Queen’s, why do you send me irrelevant emails when I’m waiting for a decision?  Yes, I know I started an application for the graduate diploma in Aging and Health, but that’s one of  my backup plans in case I don’t get into a PhD program. You don’t need to remind me that my application is incomplete.  It will remain such unless I get rejected from all the PhD programs I’ve applied to and don’t find another RD job.

9 hours ago, Aurélie B said:

Hi all,

I am an international student and I applied to McGill for the Integrated Program of Neuroscience. The deadline for the application is the 15th of march.

Does someone has an idea to how long it takes to have the results? My file is already "in review" since a week.

Thank you,

Aurélie

A week is nothing.  They likely won’t make any decisions until after the 15th of March.  After that, it could be April or May before you hear back.

On 3/9/2018 at 6:07 PM, Nat828 said:

U of Ottawa told me today that they will be making their decisions soon. The waiting is so hard! 

I emailed Carleton about their acceptance “procedure” on Monday, but haven’t heard anything back. They posted something about the strike on Facebook; I’m sure I’m not on their priority list to get back to.. 

Fingers crossed for everyone here! 

Which program did you apply for uOttawa? Did they say the approximate timeline for their decisions?

I applied for their MA(ED) counselling program and haven't heard a single world :(

Hey, fellow Canucks !

So far no newzz whatsoEVER ! Like, I am sure that i won't make it to OISE, for instance. However, this lack of news always sparkles an irrational hope. As for the other ones, who knows..

But hey, cheer up ! Spring is about to set in :D