Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously, eh! Just get back to us already!!! I am unable to focus on anything else.. and I feel like the wait is seriously affecting my mental health!!!  

I might be the only one, but I think this is unacceptable in some way. I mean you apply to a program thinking that you have the same chance of getting in like everyone else, and then they tell you aft

Mehk, Notification by email comes first. Letters later. The post TPEEAMED means (pretty sure) that you are enrolled in the old Educational Administration program, not called Educational Leadership &am

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Jul_Hyuuh said:

Hi everyone ! Has someone heard back from McGill for a MSc in Maths&Stats ?

I too applied and have heard nothing! Neither from U of T (assuming rejection on that one, though; some offers have already gone out as far as I know). A friend also applied to Mcgill and U of T's Stats MSc and has not heard back from them either. Waiting is killing me! Hope they tell us soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, aboiledegg said:

Anyone hear back from Carleton yet? I'm assuming things are still delayed due to the strikes and all that.

Hey. Still no word from Carleton. However, I did see on Twitter that they've FINALLY reached a 'tentative' settlement in the strike. There should be an announcement of the staff returning to work on Tuesday. So, hopefully from later this week or next week on we begin hearing back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my offer from Carleton (from the Grad Supervisor) and then an official offer on the system. The strike slows the process down but that doesn't mean offers haven't been sent out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, A2018 said:

I got my offer from Carleton (from the Grad Supervisor) and then an official offer on the system. The strike slows the process down but that doesn't mean offers haven't been sent out. 

What program did you apply to again?

 

And I finally received an answer to my question whether domestic students will be chosen first, and then, if there is availability, intl. ones will be considered. 

This statement was, unfortunately, confirmed... So I guess I will wait two more weeks (I assume I didn’t get in), and then request my money back. That was a complete waste of time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. Just Carleton. I don’t think that their selection is fair to intl. applicants. I would have never applied there if I had known that I would just be a “filler” and not an equally treated application. Total nonsense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So...

After much desperation, hopelessness and anger caused the back to back rejections finally the Calvary arrived and brought TWO ACCEPTANCES, ONE FULLY FUNDED ! Yeyyy!

But I need advice ! Laurier is fully , completely funded o/   whereas UNBC is offering a TA with a one-year MA with possible direct entrance to  PhD ( funded). 

Laurier would be at the same dept of Lindsey Shephard ( yeahh i know!). scary.. UNBC will be to correlate Inuit  LGBTQ youth suicidal with newcomers'. ( both suffer from prejudice, racism, dire economic conditions ). what could we learn with 2 peoples from such distinct backgrounds but facing similar crisis? ( this is my project idea that was approved and as it involves a loooot of field research and literature review, they offered this PhD thing, DEPENDING obviously on my performance.

ADVICE PLEASE ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up: I officially got rejected from Carleton today. If anyone else plans on complaining, please let me know. I am going to write them an email this weekend and I think it would be good if other people do the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I just randomly checked my U of Ottawa account... And it says ADMITTED!!!!!!! I can't believe this!!!! After waiting for almost three months!!!!!!! My number one choice!!!!! I am so, so happy!!!! Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting out there!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nat828 said:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I just randomly checked my U of Ottawa account... And it says ADMITTED!!!!!!! I can't believe this!!!! After waiting for almost three months!!!!!!! My number one choice!!!!! I am so, so happy!!!! Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting out there!!!!

Sorry for your rejection at Carleton, but I'm super glad you got in where you wanted to! My status stills shows 'Reccomended for Assessment' and I've emailed the grad advisor without a response yesterday, so I guess I'll have to wait till next week for a response. 

But anyway, I'm glad you got accepted!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sagnik_G said:

Sorry for your rejection at Carleton, but I'm super glad you got in where you wanted to! My status stills shows 'Reccomended for Assessment' and I've emailed the grad advisor without a response yesterday, so I guess I'll have to wait till next week for a response. 

But anyway, I'm glad you got accepted!

After I got recommended for assessment, it took a long time for me to receive the official offer. This was during the strike. But since the strike ended, it should be faster now :) 

 

Congrats Nat!!! 

 

I don't think requesting money back is a thing, because it went through OUAC. I tried with a different school but they won't give me the refund. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes congratulations Nat, my application still says recommended for assessment but I have lost hope. 

Thought schools save Friday’s for acceptances... thought it was a thing.

anyways... am still anxiously refreshing my Carleton Central page and outlook account. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, A2018 said:

After I got recommended for assessment, it took a long time for me to receive the official offer. This was during the strike. But since the strike ended, it should be faster now :) 

 

Congrats Nat!!! 

 

I don't think requesting money back is a thing, because it went through OUAC. I tried with a different school but they won't give me the refund. 

I am curious.. did your acceptance come on a Friday or middle of the week? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nat828 said:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I just randomly checked my U of Ottawa account... And it says ADMITTED!!!!!!! I can't believe this!!!! After waiting for almost three months!!!!!!! My number one choice!!!!! I am so, so happy!!!! Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting out there!!!!

hahaha Congrats Nat!!! I think we will be classmates!!!

I also got rejected from Carleton, and finally got my first admission from Ottawa!!! The waiting is killing me, but luckily we made it.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pi96 said:

hahaha Congrats Nat!!! I think we will be classmates!!!

I also got rejected from Carleton, and finally got my first admission from Ottawa!!! The waiting is killing me, but luckily we made it.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting!!!

What program did you apply to? Will you accept?

 

6 hours ago, gemmi said:

I am curious.. did your acceptance come on a Friday or middle of the week? 

And yes, I got my acceptance last night between 5 and 10 p.m. No email. I just logged in. I got my other acceptance on a Wednesday. Also, my two rejections came on a Wednesday (McGill) and Friday (Carleton).

 

 

And don’t give up hope yet! I’m sure they are still sending out acceptances next week and even after that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nat828 said:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I just randomly checked my U of Ottawa account... And it says ADMITTED!!!!!!! I can't believe this!!!! After waiting for almost three months!!!!!!! My number one choice!!!!! I am so, so happy!!!! Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting out there!!!!

I’m so excited for you cos we have been waiting a long time for this. I’m sure you are going to be celebrating lol. I’m still here waiting on Carleton and Ryerson. My fingers are very crossed right now cos I want to celebrate as well 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T-boy said:

I’m so excited for you cos we have been waiting a long time for this. I’m sure you are going to be celebrating lol. I’m still here waiting on Carleton and Ryerson. My fingers are very crossed right now cos I want to celebrate as well 

Thank you! Did you email them? I know it's a controversial topic, but I did that with all of my programs expect for McGill (they already sent me the rejection in the beginning of March so no need to bother them). Everyone got back to me and their information has really helped evaluate when I will receive an answer. And it didn't feel like it was inappropriate to ask at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nat828 said:

Thank you! Did you email them? I know it's a controversial topic, but I did that with all of my programs expect for McGill (they already sent me the rejection in the beginning of March so no need to bother them). Everyone got back to me and their information has really helped evaluate when I will receive an answer. And it didn't feel like it was inappropriate to ask at all. 

I emailed Carleton second week of March and they told me that they would get back to me when there’s space in the program. Ryerson emailed me last week to tell me that they have successfully received all my documents and when a decision is reached, they would email me. I had completed my application for Ryerson since January so I was shocked about the email. At this point, I don’t know what else to do but wait even tho I just want to know!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UTOPIA AD said:

Any news fro uni of alberta??:(

I got an acceptance from the U.of A in early March. I think their timings differ from dept. to dept. though, so you could try contacting your department. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.