Question

On 3/13/2018 at 11:05 AM, japanesedumpling said:

Hello! Has any of you heard back from the Admission Committee yet? :)

All the best!

Nope! My application is under view. No worries though, as @BusyBee16 said, they usually give out feedback late March/Mid April

Hey! I've applied for the 2-year program as well. Still haven't heard anything back from them though. I completed my application (Including the references) by the 8'th of Feb if I recall correctly. 

Good luck folks! 

Edited by Simarjit
Typo

Hey everyone, I applied for the advanced program but still haven't heard back from them, I finished my application super later (end of feb). It's April already and a lot of my friends at UofT got their offers from other programs like master of finance etc. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now :/ hope everyone will hear back from them soon!! Really hate waiting 

It's taking longer than I expected. From what I've read on other blogs, acceptance letters are usually sent out by Mid-April but that doesn't make me feel any better. My application is not what one would call 'competitive'. 

Hi everyone! I also applied to the 2 year programme and still haven't heard back from the Admissions Committee. Really hope we hear back soon, I'm getting a bit anxious as this is my first choice program. Btw, does anyone know what the average acceptance rate for the programme is in previous years?

Edited by Amanda17

Hey everyone! I applied for the 2 year program as well. I submitted my application around early February and received my decision letter on the 27th of March.

Unfortunately, I wasn't accepted. They said that admission to the program is very competitive and only has 28 spaces for 150+ applications.

Best of luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, CVBNM123 said:

Hey everyone! I applied for the 2 year program as well. I submitted my application around early February and received my decision letter on the 27th of March.

Unfortunately, I wasn't accepted. They said that admission to the program is very competitive and only has 28 spaces for 150+ applications.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hey, thank you for letting us know that you heard back. Sorry to hear you didn't get accepted, it is crazy competitive! Do you mind sharing what gpa you had or if you had any prior HR work experience? Just trying to get a ball-park idea of what averages they are going for. Thanks :) 

Still waiting haha, I applied for the advanced standing stream! I got an offer from Queens MIR, but UofT is my first choice. They have to give us a response within the next 2 weeks ( atleast I hope so). From previous threads, it looked like they gave out acceptances starting end of March. Hopefully we hear soon. Let's hang tight now!!

Sorry to hear that. 

Can anyone please tell me how the whole process works? I assumed that all the rejection/acceptance letters were sent out on a single day. Apparently not. They're being sent out in phases. It's quite different from what we have here in India. 

Edited by Simarjit

Hey everyone!

Quite possibly they gradually narrow down the list until they get the class size. So the rejections are sent first and acceptances eventually. Similar to how a recruitment process works.

I had finished my application for the 2 year program on the 13th of February and still waiting for the decision. I got admitted to Cornell MILR on 1st of March, but since MIRHR is my preference, I am patiently waiting.

Hope we hear from them soon. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by AglioOlio

5 hours ago, Simarjit said:

Just got my decision letter. Unfortunately, I was rejected by the admissions committee. 

Good luck people! Hope you make it! ?

Sorry to hear that, Simarjit. What is the reason that they quoted for the rejection?

@AglioOlio Just wondering, what made you decide UofT as your priority? Cornell is a pretty prestigious school haha. Congrats on getting an acceptance there!

I haven't heard from anyone else about the feedback they got from UofT for the advanced standing program. Fingers crossed.

16 hours ago, 76th said:

@AglioOlio Just wondering, what made you decide UofT as your priority? Cornell is a pretty prestigious school haha. Congrats on getting an acceptance there!

I haven't heard from anyone else about the feedback they got from UofT for the advanced standing program. Fingers crossed.

Primarily because of the current political and economic climate in the US. They have also clearly written in the offer letter that not all companies will be willing to provide H1B to MILR graduates. 

Plus Canada is pretty favourable as a country to live in.