Updated Funding Packages

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XNJR4IhOJ56zd7zLuVSUK7h054dBRNvyiC7iStCOsxo/

Last year, I started the process of making an updated version of funding packages with the help of students accepted into programs. The list isn't complete but I hope it provides a more complete version of what universities expect in exchange for their funding. It is open-access so edits are welcome. :)

Edited by Warelin

11 minutes ago, Warelin said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XNJR4IhOJ56zd7zLuVSUK7h054dBRNvyiC7iStCOsxo/

Last year, I started the process of making an updated version of funding packages with the help of students accepted into programs. The list isn't complete but I hope it provides a more complete version of what universities expect in exchange for their funding. It is open-access so edits are welcome. :)

Thanks @Warelin! This is a great resource! 

2 hours ago, Warelin said:

This is amazing thank you!!

2 hours ago, Warelin said:

I know what I'm about to suggest sounds conspiracy-theory-ish, but anybody out there think @Warelin might actually be an adcom member? 

Edited by FreakyFoucault

7 minutes ago, renea said:

*realizes there are sections and I'm looking at lit section, moves to rhet/comp tab*

There are separate sheets! I didn't even notice!

Edit: Okay, I see what you mean now. Here's hoping some of us get the chance to update the comp lit tab. 

Edited by Jožin z bažin

3 minutes ago, Jožin z bažin said:

There are separate sheets! I didn't even notice!

Haha, I got tricked on the last google doc that was floating around, but I'd *hope* that the funding for different tracks in the same department wouldn't be that vastly different for the same assistantship, but you never know.

17 minutes ago, renea said:

Haha, I got tricked on the last google doc that was floating around, but I'd *hope* that the funding for different tracks in the same department wouldn't be that vastly different for the same assistantship, but you never know.

Good point!

6 minutes ago, ranny820 said:

Thanks! @Warelin Could you explain what 1-1/2-1 teaching means? I decided to apply for PhD programs only a few months ago...thanks!

A 1-1 teaching load means you'd be teaching one course each semester.
A 2-1 teaching load means you'd be teaching 2 courses in the fall and 1 in the spring.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

@Warelin Was it your intention that we update entries for our schools with the 2018 funding packages? 

It is! Any information that anyone contributes is extremely helpful and I'm sure future applicants would be grateful. I know some schools change their funding frequently to adjust for COL whereas others haven't had an change in years or don't announce their changes.

Edited by Warelin

4 minutes ago, Warelin said:

It is! Any information that anyone contributes is extremely helpful and I'm sure future applicants would be grateful. I know some schools change their funding frequently to adjust for COL whereas others haven't had an change in years or don't announce their changes.

Okay, awesome! Just wanted to be sure I didn't mess up your work! :)

On 2/1/2018 at 3:25 PM, Warelin said:

Wow!! Amazing! Blessings for this ! Although My access was denied will I be notified when I can view the document? I wonder if there’s my funding for earth sciences or I should switch departments ?

1 hour ago, Dedutchess89 said:

Wow!! Amazing! Blessings for this ! Although My access was denied will I be notified when I can view the document? I wonder if there’s my funding for earth sciences or I should switch departments ?

Sorry about that; it seems like someone changed the publicity settings. I've restored them to their correct settings. :)

To All: My apologies for anyone trying to make edits in the past 12 hours. It seems someone adjusted the settings to make it a "view only" document and locked it up. I've made the document public and have prevented any editors from changing the access. This should cause the issue to never happen again. :)