Jump to content

Recommended Posts

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XNJR4IhOJ56zd7zLuVSUK7h054dBRNvyiC7iStCOsxo/

 

Last year, I started the process of making an updated version of funding packages with the help of students accepted into programs. The list isn't complete but I hope it provides a more complete version of what universities expect in exchange for their funding. It is open-access so edits are welcome. :)

Edited by Warelin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Warelin said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XNJR4IhOJ56zd7zLuVSUK7h054dBRNvyiC7iStCOsxo/

 

Last year, I started the process of making an updated version of funding packages with the help of students accepted into programs. The list isn't complete but I hope it provides a more complete version of what universities expect in exchange for their funding. It is open-access so edits are welcome. :)

Thanks @Warelin! This is a great resource! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warelin said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XNJR4IhOJ56zd7zLuVSUK7h054dBRNvyiC7iStCOsxo/

 

Last year, I started the process of making an updated version of funding packages with the help of students accepted into programs. The list isn't complete but I hope it provides a more complete version of what universities expect in exchange for their funding. It is open-access so edits are welcome. :)

This is amazing thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warelin said:

Last year, I started the process of making an updated version of funding packages with the help of students accepted into programs. The list isn't complete but I hope it provides a more complete version of what universities expect in exchange for their funding. It is open-access so edits are welcome. :)

I know what I'm about to suggest sounds conspiracy-theory-ish, but anybody out there think @Warelin might actually be an adcom member? 

Edited by FreakyFoucault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me: dammmmmnnnn look at all this information

*realizes there are sections and I'm looking at lit section, moves to rhet/comp tab*

Me: oh. nevermind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, renea said:

*realizes there are sections and I'm looking at lit section, moves to rhet/comp tab*

 

There are separate sheets! I didn't even notice!

Edit: Okay, I see what you mean now. Here's hoping some of us get the chance to update the comp lit tab. 

Edited by Jožin z bažin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so great, so thank you @Warelin! Only one of my programs is on here, but this is incredibly helpful for comparing how different programs are funding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jožin z bažin said:

There are separate sheets! I didn't even notice!

Haha, I got tricked on the last google doc that was floating around, but I'd *hope* that the funding for different tracks in the same department wouldn't be that vastly different for the same assistantship, but you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, renea said:

Haha, I got tricked on the last google doc that was floating around, but I'd *hope* that the funding for different tracks in the same department wouldn't be that vastly different for the same assistantship, but you never know.

Good point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Warelin I was trying to do some research yesterday about whether the funding I was offered was typical, but I couldn't find much of anything. Once again, you are a true help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! @Warelin Could you explain what 1-1/2-1 teaching means? I decided to apply for PhD programs only a few months ago...thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ranny820 said:

Thanks! @Warelin Could you explain what 1-1/2-1 teaching means? I decided to apply for PhD programs only a few months ago...thanks!

A 1-1 teaching load means you'd be teaching one course each semester.
A 2-1 teaching load means you'd be teaching 2 courses in the fall and 1 in the spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Warelin Gotcha thanks! I'm a comp lit applicant...still haven't got any acceptance though. Hopefully I'll have something to put on your amazing Excel sheet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

@Warelin Was it your intention that we update entries for our schools with the 2018 funding packages? 

It is! Any information that anyone contributes is extremely helpful and I'm sure future applicants would be grateful. I know some schools change their funding frequently to adjust for COL whereas others haven't had an change in years or don't announce their changes.

Edited by Warelin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warelin said:

It is! Any information that anyone contributes is extremely helpful and I'm sure future applicants would be grateful. I know some schools change their funding frequently to adjust for COL whereas others haven't had an change in years or don't announce their changes.

Okay, awesome! Just wanted to be sure I didn't mess up your work! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 3:25 PM, Warelin said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XNJR4IhOJ56zd7zLuVSUK7h054dBRNvyiC7iStCOsxo/

 

Last year, I started the process of making an updated version of funding packages with the help of students accepted into programs. The list isn't complete but I hope it provides a more complete version of what universities expect in exchange for their funding. It is open-access so edits are welcome. :)

Wow!! Amazing! Blessings for this ! Although My access was denied will I be notified when I can view the document? I wonder if there’s my funding for earth sciences or I should switch departments ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dedutchess89 said:

Wow!! Amazing! Blessings for this ! Although My access was denied will I be notified when I can view the document? I wonder if there’s my funding for earth sciences or I should switch departments ?

Sorry about that; it seems like someone changed the publicity settings. I've restored them to their correct settings. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warelin said:

Sorry about that; it seems like someone changed the publicity settings. I've restored them to their correct settings. :)

Thank you I’ve been able to access it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.