The University of Texas at Dallas

3 hours ago, Brittanymarie said:

I heard back on Wednesday this week in an email from Dr. Stillman. I will be starting in the summer!

Applying to:| UT Dallas | Baylor | UT Austin | OU

Accepted

Waiting for a decision

Congrats!  You are going to be so happy you picked UTD, I absolutely love it!  If you have any questions I'm about to graduate :) 

5 hours ago, no taxation said:

Which programs have you all applied for? I applied for the PhD in Humanities and have not heard back. I was told it would be a few weeks after my application was complete but my app was completed in September...

I believe that the majority of us are applying to UTD's Master of Speech-Language Pathology program. Have you checked the results search to see if others have heard back from that particular program (Humanities) yet? I would do that first and then maybe send an email to the graduate admissions director of the Humanities program asking when you will be likely to hear back from them :)

I got what appeared to be an automated email this morning from admissions-status@utdallas.edu reminding me to send in an official transcript for my application to be processed. Anybody else get this? I think the unofficial versions I submitted with my app are good enough for the current stage, but I'm just wondering if this is an auto blast or if it might signify that my application is currently being looked at, etc....

18 minutes ago, QuickLikeA said:

I got what appeared to be an automated email this morning from admissions-status@utdallas.edu reminding me to send in an official transcript for my application to be processed. Anybody else get this? I think the unofficial versions I submitted with my app are good enough for the current stage, but I'm just wondering if this is an auto blast or if it might signify that my application is currently being looked at, etc....

I got the same email but I received it yesterday morning. Made my heart pump a bit since it said admission status. Hopefully it was just a blast, or that our applications are getting looked at and we will have a decision soon!

2 hours ago, QuickLikeA said:

I would call them to make sure. I got this email awhile ago and my unofficial transcripts weren't processing correctly. 

14 hours ago, QuickLikeA said:

14 hours ago, stargirl62 said:

I got the same email but I received it yesterday morning. Made my heart pump a bit since it said admission status. Hopefully it was just a blast, or that our applications are getting looked at and we will have a decision soon!

I also received emails like that in the past. My email would always remind me to send in my official final transcript (which I can't until I graduate in May). So if it is asking for your final transcript and you haven't yet graduated, you should be fine. However, If it is asking for an official transcript I would call the admissions office.

On 2/24/2018 at 7:56 PM, L123 said:

Has anyone heard back from UT Dallas and been rejected? I have not heard anything yet so I was just wondering if only acceptances have gone out.

Thanks so much for all of the input!

@L123 I saw on the results page that someone received a rejection via the portal, but other than that I have only heard of acceptances.

17 minutes ago, QuickLikeA said:

I got The Email - assuming I can figure out how to pay for it, I'm going to utd! Good luck, everybody.

Congrats!!! did Dr. Stillman email you? are you an out of state or in state student?

3 minutes ago, L123 said:

has anyone heard any news from UT Dallas lately? Getting a little worried!

Dr. Stillman said that next week they are being reaccredited and this has taken most of everyone's time for getting ready for that. He said admissions is a little behind compared to in years past, and not to worry! He said I should hear hopefully tomorrow. 

20 minutes ago, abigailnicole said:

Dr. Stillman said that next week they are being reaccredited and this has taken most of everyone's time for getting ready for that. He said admissions is a little behind compared to in years past, and not to worry! He said I should hear hopefully tomorrow. 

Great! Thank you so much for that information, it makes me feel a lot better! Do you mind me asking your stats and if you are in state/out of state?

5 minutes ago, L123 said:

Great! Thank you so much for that information, it makes me feel a lot better! Do you mind me asking your stats and if you are in state/out of state?

Sure! My GPA when I submitted my application was 3.93 and my GRE was pretty low at a 295. However, I have had many clinical experiences and strong letters of rec. Dr. Stillman actually told me informally that I will be accepted, but the official acceptance will hopefully come tomorrow. So I am guessing that they have the majority of people separated into being accepting/declined and they are just slowly sending out the official decisions. I am an out of state! 

18 minutes ago, abigailnicole said:

Sure! My GPA when I submitted my application was 3.93 and my GRE was pretty low at a 295. However, I have had many clinical experiences and strong letters of rec. Dr. Stillman actually told me informally that I will be accepted, but the official acceptance will hopefully come tomorrow. So I am guessing that they have the majority of people separated into being accepting/declined and they are just slowly sending out the official decisions. I am an out of state! 

Congratulations, that is so exciting! Ah I hope I am in that acceptance pile haha. I'm out of state too (from New Orleans, but currently in school at the University of Georgia). I have a 3.7 GPA and a 305 GRE. I had three pretty strong letters of rec and shadowing and intern experiences!

5 minutes ago, L123 said:

Congratulations, that is so exciting! Ah I hope I am in that acceptance pile haha. I'm out of state too (from New Orleans, but currently in school at the University of Georgia). I have a 3.7 GPA and a 305 GRE. I had three pretty strong letters of rec and shadowing and intern experiences!

Thank you!! Trust me I feel your pain haha this is my dream program that will allow me to specialize in the area I have dreamt of since I was little! I hope you get in!!! is UTD your first choice?

2 hours ago, abigailnicole said:

May I ask what you emailed him when you asked about your application status? I am considering doing something similar to get an idea of when I'll hear back but don't want to come off wrong