Masters Applicants for Fall 2018!! Anybody out there?

citrus00

Hello!

Field/Program: Communications

Schools: Northwestern Medill IMC (integrated marketing communications program) and Boston University Pardee International Affairs program

Status: Accepted into Northwestern back in December. Submitted Boston application 14th of January and still waiting to hear back. 

P.S. I'm pretty set on Northwestern. The campus is really nice and the people were so friendly. Anybody else attending Northwestern, I'd love to hear from you!

Edited by SpelGrad

Hi guys,

I've applied to 10 Universities in total. A combination of ECE and Robotics.

Some of the unis I'm really desperate to hear back from are Georgia Tech, Purdue, UIUC, UCSD and CMU.

I've also applied to UMich, UMD and NCSU.

I have already begun neurotically checking email, application status pages and grad cafe like my life depends on it. How are you dealing with the wait? 

Field/Program: English, Literary and Cultural Studies

Schools: Carnegie Mellon, Penn State, University of Pittsburgh, and University of Cincinnati 

If anyone else here is attending CMU's Lit. and Cultural Studies program, I'd love to know. I'd like to make some connections before I move to Pittsburgh in the Fall.

3 hours ago, rads712 said:

Hi guys,

I've applied to 10 Universities in total. A combination of ECE and Robotics.

Some of the unis I'm really desperate to hear back from are Georgia Tech, Purdue, UIUC, UCSD and CMU.

I've also applied to UMich, UMD and NCSU.

I have already begun neurotically checking email, application status pages and grad cafe like my life depends on it. How are you dealing with the wait? 

I'm freaking out waiting! I've been checking the results page like 4 times a day to see who else has heard back from Boston University. With Northwestern, I checked 7 times a day. It's a very long waiting game. I started a new series on Netflix to distract myself :lol:

On 2/3/2018 at 4:30 PM, surprise_quiche said:

I am a mix as well the one program I've been accepted at so far was for an MA in Communications.

Still waiting on one, and funding for the MA program.

BTW does anyone know about funding for MA? Is it more likely? Less likely?

YAY!!!! Somebody else interested in communications. What program have you been accepted to and where are you waiting to hear from?

41 minutes ago, TrickySituationist said:

Field/Program: English, Literary and Cultural Studies

Schools: Carnegie Mellon, Penn State, University of Pittsburgh, and University of Cincinnati 

If anyone else here is attending CMU's Lit. and Cultural Studies program, I'd love to know. I'd like to make some connections before I move to Pittsburgh in the Fall.

If you need any direction in Pittsburgh, it's my hometown. I have a sister in grad school at CMU too.

8 hours ago, SpelGrad said:

I'm freaking out waiting! I've been checking the results page like 4 times a day to see who else has heard back from Boston University. With Northwestern, I checked 7 times a day. It's a very long waiting game. I started a new series on Netflix to distract myself :lol:

OMG IKR. I thought the whole process of writing out SOPs and putting together a good application was the tough part. MAN was I wrong :|

I'd love to binge watch my pain away! Open to suggestions on what to watch :D

Hi all,

Field/Program: Counseling Psychology/Mental Health Counseling (MS)

Schools: UMass Boston, Boston College, Northeastern University

Status: Interview at Umass and Northeastern coming up, haven't heard from BC yet - has anybody else? I saw on the results board that some people have been accepted/rejected already, I haven't heard a peep!

On 2/3/2018 at 8:42 PM, BooksUponBooks said:

Thank you, me too! :)

I received mine through email, though I had to ask for an early consideration first due to a timing situation. If you're in a squeeze, shoot them an email and see what happens! The worst they can do is say no :)

I hope you hear back soon with positive news ^_^ 

Thank you!! I hope so too.  Okay, that makes sense :) I actually don't have a time issue.. so I will remain patient and wait to hear from them :) I am just anxious and excited is all! :) But, congratulations again! And thank you for getting back to me!! :) <3

5 hours ago, MehK said:

Thank you!! I hope so too.  Okay, that makes sense :) I actually don't have a time issue.. so I will remain patient and wait to hear from them :) I am just anxious and excited is all! :) But, congratulations again! And thank you for getting back to me!! :) <3

No problem! Thanks again, best of luck! I hope to see you on the accepted UofT 2018 threat ^_^ 

My stats are 

GRE: 162V/160Q

GPA: I'm an international student so its 8.85/10, but my WES eval showed 4.0? Idk how to interpret that in terms of the American system.

Experience:

1 Bioinfomatics project (nationally funded, collaborated with a famous hospital in my city) with a paper in the making, 1 MEMS mini-project 

2 internships at reputed institutes in my country. During the latter, I helped to set up a diagnostic lab, collaborated with hospitals, etc. 

Also selected for a prestigious fellowship program (that I turned down for personal reasons, mentioned in my statement)

1 review paper in a not-so-famous journal

and I've applied to USC, UCSD, Duke, UMich, JHU and ETH for M.S. in BME.

What are my chances guys? :/ I'm really worried that I didn't pick enough safety schools....

2 hours ago, scared said:

My stats are 

GPA: I'm an international student so its 8.85/10, but my WES eval showed 4.0? Idk how to interpret that in terms of the American system.

Experience:

1 Bioinfomatics project (nationally funded, collaborated with a famous hospital in my city) with a paper in the making, 1 MEMS mini-project 

2 internships at reputed institutes in my country. During the latter, I helped to set up a diagnostic lab, collaborated with hospitals, etc. 

Also selected for a prestigious fellowship program (that I turned down for personal reasons, mentioned in my statement)

What are my chances guys? :/ I'm really worried that I didn't pick enough safety schools....

Great verbal GRE if English isn't your first language, good either way!

3 hours ago, scared said:

My stats are 

Experience:

You sound like a great applicant. But your chances also depend on your field of interest and the programs you pick. But from what you posted, you look like a good candidate and even if you have just one safety school, I think they should take you even if your reach or dream schools don't.

Even I waiting to hear from these same universities.

Does anybody have any idea when these universities will display the results?

Last year , for Fall 2017 , Georgia Tech sent out admits on 2nd Feb or something for the program that I am applying and this year they haven't done it yet.

Any idea when can we hear from them?

Edited by apms7

Great to see more threads devoted to master's applicants. I am not so good at being patient haha. 

Field/Program: M.A. Eurasian Regional Studies 

Schools: Wisconsin-Madison, Harvard, Yale, Columbia

Status? Interviewed with Harvard, accepted to Wisconsin with potential for full funding, haven't heard anything from Yale or Columbia 

Good luck everyone!

Only applied to three programs and have very average/subpar stats :/ so I'm a little worried.

Field/Program: M.S Environmental Science / Sustainable Design and Construction 

GRE: 161/154/5.0 (on the low end for Quant :/)

Experience: 3.5 years in the planning industry of a full service architecture/engineering/planning company.

Schools: Duke, Indiana Bloomington, Stanford

Status? No word yet. 

Edited by laekkauai

1 hour ago, lawine said:

Great to see more threads devoted to master's applicants. I am not so good at being patient haha. 

Field/Program: M.A. Eurasian Regional Studies 

Schools: Wisconsin-Madison, Harvard, Yale, Columbia

Status? Interviewed with Harvard, accepted to Wisconsin with potential for full funding, haven't heard anything from Yale or Columbia 

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on your acceptance and interview!

5 hours ago, scared said:

@lafry do you mind posting your profile?

@scared

My stats are: 

Bioengineering B.S. at top public school

GRE: 160v/168Q/5.0

GPA: 3.75 (major), slightly lower overall

2 years research on campus, 1 research internship at major hospital, senior design project

no publications, but hoping my 3 good rec letters make up for it!

I was also worried I didn't apply to enough safety schools - then I was accepted to USC so it calmed me down! :) 

Applied: UCLA, USC (accepted), JHU, Duke, Northwestern, UMich, Purdue, U Washington

What do you guys think? 

On 2/7/2018 at 12:00 AM, rads712 said:

OMG IKR. I thought the whole process of writing out SOPs and putting together a good application was the tough part. MAN was I wrong :|

I'd love to binge watch my pain away! Open to suggestions on what to watch :D

I've been watching The 5 of us. It was created in the 90's. 6 seasons long and about 20 episodes per season. Takes up loads of time! Also One Day at a Time was good.

On 2/6/2018 at 4:39 PM, surprise_quiche said:

@SpelGrad I was accepted to the University of Milwaukee, and waiting for Northwestern. How about you?

I have been accepted to Northwestern and Boston University. I'm done with the process now thank gosh!

28 minutes ago, mungbean_ said:

Hi all!

I'm super glad to see a lot of BMEs :lol:

Field/Program: Biomedical Engineering M.S. Fall '18

Schools: UCLA, UCSD, Stanford, USC, Duke & JHU

Status? Nothing T_T a little nervous since @lafry has heard back from USC (USC and UCLA were my safeties..)

@mungbean_

me too! 

do you mind posting your profile? 

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about it; I think USC just admits as they read your applications, and I submitted mine in early December, well before their deadline!