Masters Applicants for Fall 2018!! Anybody out there?

citrus00

@scared

congratulations! It looks like we have been accepted to similar schools. How are you going to make your decision? I know UMich and Duke both have strong programs... Duke was my first choice but I don't want to rule any programs out just based on rankings...

9 minutes ago, D'Kruzzer said:

I just received a mail from CU-BOULDER tonight. However, it was one wishing me 'Happy Holi'!!! 

These guys are killing me!!

Wow they send out Happy Holi mails? That's crazy! XD

I got accepted to the University of Nevada, Reno for Public Health with a specialization in Addiction! I'm screaming!!! This was so out of the blue. They said I should hear back two weeks after the program's deadline (so late-April), but I got an email today after work. So happy :D

Edit: added program

Edited by PsychedSloth

On 3/1/2018 at 9:27 AM, D'Kruzzer said:

I just received a mail from CU-BOULDER tonight. However, it was one wishing me 'Happy Holi'!!! 

These guys are killing me!!

@D'Kruzzer What program did you apply to? I am also waiting on them

On 2/23/2018 at 6:08 PM, hyrule said:

Are you applying to social work programs or psychology programs? I don't know much from the social work standpoint, but as a psychology major, I know one thing that was pounded into our heads was how important a good GPA was for our chances of getting into a grad school program. That said, a 3.313 is pretty great for your last 60 units, and that much experience for the field you're interested in would definitely tip the tables in your favor, in my mind.

I obviously don't really know for sure, but I hope you find your place at one of those schools! It sounds like you want to do amazing things. Good luck!!

Hey thanks! I applied for social work programs. I'm kinda surrounded by people who have 4.0's so having a 3.3 seems low to me! But I obviously don't know. Thanks for your words of encouragement, I haven't heard from any schools yet. :\

On 2/13/2018 at 4:58 PM, Kvir said:

Field/Program: Sculpture, MFA

Schools: Alfred, Edinboro, RIT, Syracuse, UB 

Status? Interviewed with Syracuse yesterday and Alfred today and now I'm waiting. Accepted to UB via email today. Waiting to hear from Edinboro and RIT. 

Edited by BosBGM
Replied to the wrong person

3 hours ago, D'Kruzzer said:

I have applied to the Master's program in Electrical engineering with a focus on power electronics. What about you?

I applied to a PhD in computer science but they offered a section where if you did not get in the PhD program they would consider you for a M.S. I assume I did not get into the PhD program, since their offers were sent out for the PhD.

Applied to four schools (without funding) for MSC in Mechanical Engineering...

undergrad GPA: 3.75/4

GRE: 301 (extremely low)

MIT

STANFORD UNI

CORNELL UNI

UNI OF BERKELEY 

I'm getting scared since I've not gotten a feedback from any of the schools. This feels like torture!!! HELP!!!

Has anyone gotten decisions from any of these schools yet?

On 16/02/2018 at 10:28 PM, bigboots02 said:

Program: Structural Engineering M.S. Fall 2018

Schools: Berkeley, Stanford, USC, UCLA, UCSD, UC Davis

I've already been accepted to all the ones in green - haven't heard back yet from Berkeley or Stanford.

...but I'd REALLY like to go back to Berkeley (went there for CEE undergrad).

Got an update from BERKELEY or STANFORD yet?

I applied to the Masters of Science in Health Administration at Fordham University. It’s a new program that will start now Fall 2018. I have not heard back yet and the wait is killing me. My friend who applied a week before I did already received her acceptance last Sunday so I was hoping today would be the day I get mine but still no email yet. Has anyone else applied to Fordham and has heard back already? 

Edited by Patty18

Urban Planning Masters

Applied to Berkeley, Columbia & NYU

Accepted to Columbia

Waitlisted at Berkeley & NYU

Anyone familiar with Columbia GSAPP, specifically the MSUP? Would love some feedback on the program as there isn't much online. Also, I'm not really interested in NYU as I'm an undergrad there so I'm hedging my bets on Berkeley(if i ever get off the waitlist) v Columbia. 

Hi!

I’m looking at geoscience programs. I applied to UIowa and UW Madison. I haven’t heard anything from either. My professors and friends keep telling me that it’s good I haven’t heard anything bc rejection letters would probably already gone out, but I’m freaking out. Has anyone heard from either of those schools? 

Field: MS in Electrical Engineering (might switch to Computer Engineering once I start)

Schools: NC State, Ohio State, Purdue, UT Austin, U Mass, Ga Tech, UMD College Park, Wisconsin - Madison, Virginia Tech, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC Sand Diego, UC Davis, UC Irvine

Status:  I was accepted for the ones above in green and rejected for the ones in red. Waiting on the others.

Ya i know i applied to a million programs. My professor scared me lol. I applied to like 8 at first and he was like "You sure you don't wanna apply to some lower ranked ones?"

My biggest worry at this point is funding. Someone mentioned earlier that MS students don't really get funding, and I'm becoming more and more aware of that as I contact these departments. That's sad cuz I wanna go to a UC (if it was not obvious with how many i applied to). Issue is, Cali is hella expensive.

Anybody got advice for funding? I don't have the kinda luck to win random scholarships here and there lol.

Also, anyone hear from any of these programs I mentioned?

Edited by gradeschooldropout

On 3/4/2018 at 1:19 PM, Chisomemego said:

Got an update from BERKELEY or STANFORD yet?

I got a response from Berkeley today at about 330 eastern. I was rejected lol, but that was expected.

The guy you quoted got a reply from UCLA and UCDavis over 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard from them. That's kinda scaring me tbh.

Is there a correlation between how soon you hear the result vs getting rejected or accepted?  I would love to see that kind of study.

Field: Urban/City Planning

Schools: UNC Chapel Hill, Rutgers University, UI Chicago, UBuffalo, Cleveland State University

Status: accepted to the underlined ones, but Rutgers hasn't given me any information yet I found out my acceptance on the application status website. The waiting is driving me crazy. UI Chicago said they'd give us decisions by last week and lol they didn't. 

I am not a patient person! I need to know!! What makes them take so long and others were so quick? Grrr. Just venting my frustrations. 

On 05/03/2018 at 11:34 PM, gradeschooldropout said:

I got a response from Berkeley today at about 330 eastern. I was rejected lol, but that was expected.

The guy you quoted got a reply from UCLA and UCDavis over 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard from them. That's kinda scaring me tbh.

Is there a correlation between how soon you hear the result vs getting rejected or accepted?  I would love to see that kind of study.

I think most schools send out acceptances to their top candidates first. What I've observed is that once you've not gotten a rejection letter  you're still in the running. I haven't gotten any update from any of the schools I applied to, so I just won't give up yet. I also applied to UC BERKELEY.

Field: Master of Applied Learning & Instruction with a Specialization in Teaching.  (Thesis option)

University: University of Central Florida-Online

GPA: 3.27, Troy University. Loads of extracurricular and volunteer services. 

Note, I am still waiting to hear back. I applied in mid-February. I also had two letter of recs. One from my former adviser, and another from my current boss (principal of the school for which I am working). Hoping to hear something back soon. The waiting is driving me crazy.