Masters Applicants for Fall 2018!! Anybody out there?

citrus00

5 minutes ago, mungbean_ said:

just got accepted into johns hopkins for bme this morning!! super happy but still waiting (and praying) for stanford the most! :D 

Hiii I just got accepted into Johns hopkins BME as well :) also waiting for Stanford but it's my reach school so im not too hopeful

9 minutes ago, BME_Engineering said:

Hiii I just got accepted into Johns hopkins BME as well :) also waiting for Stanford but it's my reach school so im not too hopeful

Congrats!! and we gotta believe haha :P (bc no one else will)

I see the thread got a lot longer than I first expected. Nice to see a lot of Master's applicants !!!

I haven't really been keeping up with the posts as the thread starter. 
So, here's an update! I, too,  just got accepted to JHU! I have Duke, BU, and JHU and I am not sure which one would be best for me.
If anybody has extra info about the schools (labs, neighborhood, curriculum, school atmosphere, etc), let me know as well!
maybe I should start a thread about choosing schools for BME in the Decisions forum and we can start discussing there without making this a decisions thread.

has anyone heard back from UCLA's bioe department? :o i just found out that my friend got pretty much an acceptance/approval from the department yesterday around 11 am from stacey fong. they just gotta forward it to the graduate office for approval and stuff

11 hours ago, citrus00 said:

I see the thread got a lot longer than I first expected. Nice to see a lot of Master's applicants !!!

I haven't really been keeping up with the posts as the thread starter. 
So, here's an update! I, too,  just got accepted to JHU! I have Duke, BU, and JHU and I am not sure which one would be best for me.
If anybody has extra info about the schools (labs, neighborhood, curriculum, school atmosphere, etc), let me know as well!
maybe I should start a thread about choosing schools for BME in the Decisions forum and we can start discussing there without making this a decisions thread.

Yeah this would actually be very useful hahah

6 hours ago, D'Kruzzer said:

Has anyone heard back from CU Boulder yet( Electrical engineering-Master's program)?? We are into Match and I applied in October!!

I also did not heard anything, it is too frustrating. I will send them an email if they will not declare anything in the next week. 

On 2/18/2018 at 3:59 PM, ohdeargodwhy said:

I'm applying to MS programs in Human Computer Interaction / Information, specifically:

University of Michigan, MS Information
U of Indiana Bloomington, MS HCI
Georgia Tech, MS in HCI - Psychology
Cornell Tech, MS Health Tech
Syracuse, MS Applied Data Science
Carnegie Mellon, MS HCI
U of North Carolina, MSIS
and possibly Bentley MS in Human Factors

My states are 
GPA 3.47 - with two notably bad semesters
GRE Q154 V166 W4.0

I'm 30 years old and have 6 years of professional experience in web design/development and some product design. I've worked at very large fortune 500 companies and small startups.
All my references are professional. 

I haven't heard from any place and have no real idea what my chances might be. I don't know how much professional experience will be valued over undergrad or if the huge split in GRE scores (97%V 54%Q) will matter. 

It looks like my round is done.

Accepted: Syracuse, UMich, Bloomington 

Rejected: CMU, Cornell, NC, haven't officially heard from Georgia Tech but it's unlikely and I wasn't super keen on the idea of living in the confederacy 

I haven't received word of funding from Michigan, but unless it is nonexistent/negligible I'm likely going there in the fall  

On 3/7/2018 at 5:16 PM, mungbean_ said:

has anyone heard back from UCLA's bioe department? :o i just found out that my friend got pretty much an acceptance/approval from the department yesterday around 11 am from stacey fong. they just gotta forward it to the graduate office for approval and stuff

I haven't heard back anything yet.... not sure if it is a silent rejection or not 

Hi all,

I am from Nigeria. Got admitted into UFlorida for M.Sc Chem Engr. I was hoping for full funding but only got an Achievement Award for New Graduates worth $4500 Which is small. I don't know which other option I can use to get funding,  Pls I need advice house.

3 hours ago, Denniece1 said:

Hi all,

I am from Nigeria. Got admitted into UFlorida for M.Sc Chem Engr. I was hoping for full funding but only got an Achievement Award for New Graduates worth $4500 Which is small. I don't know which other option I can use to get funding,  Pls I need advice house.

What's your final GPA and GRE score please?

On 09/03/2018 at 11:41 AM, TheWillToDo said:

I received a "No" from Cleveland State University this morning!

Waiting on SFU and Manitoba. Good luck to everyone!

Which program did you applied for? I got into the Biology program at Cleveland State University. Hope other Apps come through! 

On 09/03/2018 at 12:21 PM, Denniece1 said:

Hi all,

Mail the Program director and copy the department with regards to funding options. You can also contact POIs to know if there are RAs positions available with them. 

14 minutes ago, ProfONE said:

Which program did you applied for? I got into the Biology program at Cleveland State University. Hope other Apps come through! 

Congrats on your admit! I'm happy for you, sincerely.

I applied for their MA Social Work. I've got a really terrible GPA (the reason for rejection). Meanwhile, I've extensive volunteer experience both local and international, good recommendations and strong SoP! I thought that would suffice but I guess not. 

Manitoba is my top choice, also Social Work. Waiting on them with crossed fingers!

So are you going to Cleveland or you waiting on others?

4 hours ago, TheWillToDo said:

Congrats on your admit! I'm happy for you, sincerely.

I applied for their MA Social Work. I've got a really terrible GPA (the reason for rejection). Meanwhile, I've extensive volunteer experience both local and international, good recommendations and strong SoP! I thought that would suffice but I guess not. 

Manitoba is my top choice, also Social Work. Waiting on them with crossed fingers!

So are you going to Cleveland or you waiting on others?

Sorry about that. I hope Manitoba comes through for you.

I'm waiting for three schools; Kansas State University, University of Rochester and Florida International University.

Hopefully, decision comes in the coming week.

Best Wishes!

12 hours ago, D'Kruzzer said:

I received the admit from Boulder today. 

How did you hear? Are did you apply for MS-SLP?  Is there a place to check status online? Congrats!

Edited by Farmcat1

Field/Program: Varies among schools - MS/ME Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or Engineering Management F18

Schools: Purdue, SJSU, Cal Poly SLO, Texas A&M, Georgia Tech, U Minnesota, UT Dallas, UT Austin

Status? Accepted - Green; Rejected - Red

I indirectly got rejected by Purdue (although I am a Purdue graduate myself) because I did not submit my English proficiency test results to them.  Apparently, they need that for all international students if you graduated more than 2 years ago, even if you were an alum, or have lived in the States since. Refused to waive it for me. Its bull, but I can't change the system.

Most likely accepted to SJSU and UT Dallas. Current top choice is TAMU unless Gtech accepts me.

Anyone knows when Gtech and U Minnesota is going to release their admission results?

Edited by chew1991

9 hours ago, ProfONE said:

Sorry about that. I hope Manitoba comes through for you.

I'm waiting for three schools; Kansas State University, University of Rochester and Florida International University.

Hopefully, decision comes in the coming week.

Best Wishes!

Thank you very much; I really hope to get into Manitoba!

I wish you luck with the other schools. Kansas State must be your top choice, I guess, haha!