Masters Applicants for Fall 2018!! Anybody out there?

citrus00

I was not initially a masters applicant, but my PhD application to the University of Chicago in Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations was referred to MA committee in Middle Eastern Studies after I had been rejected. I just got my acceptance and financial aid award last week and I am absolutely stoked. I'm already attending a school in Chicago for undergrad and will probably accept the offer. :)

16 hours ago, Farmcat1 said:

How did you hear? Are did you apply for MS-SLP?  Is there a place to check status online? Congrats!

Hi!

I received an email to check my status online. I have received an invitation to join the Professional MS in Power Electronics.

I've been waiting forever to hear back from the schools I interviewed for. It's been longer than a month for one of those schools and I'm really starting to lose hope. I know that not hearing back from them isn't a rejection, but it's definitely starting to feel like that. Should I email the director for an update or just continue to be patient?

4 hours ago, dikshita said:

I got rejected from HCDE, UW Seattle. Anyone knows what are the chances of appeal? Any pointers appreciated! :)

You can't appeal a rejection 

I mean, theoretically you can send an email to admissions or the program but it would be a waste of time. 

Edited by ohdeargodwhy

6 hours ago, citrus00 said:

Update on my status

Accepted to Rutgers for M.S. in BME today :)
Rejected from UCSD for M.S. in Bioengineering yesterday.. first rejection of the season :(

Still waiting for Stanford, UCLA, UC Irvine

Congrats on Rutgers! Sorry to hear about UCSD, but good luck on the other three! 

Field/Program: Engineering Management, M.S., Product Development M.S.

Schools: CMU, Purdue, Politecnico Milano, TU Delft, Northwestern, USC, KTH Royal

Status? Accepted to CMU, maybe Purdue. Haven't heard back from the rest of them.

Has anyone applied to Columbia University MS program for Biomedical Engineering and Stanford University MS for Bioengineering? I was accepted to Columbia, and the deadline to reply to their offer is March 23. But Stanford hasn't shared admissions results with their applicants and their website just states that we should be notified in late March (so potentially after the March 23 deadline for Columbia). Would it be worth contacting Stanford to ask when they'll notify applicants? The results page of gradcafe includes some entries before and after March 23 for previous cycles.

1 hour ago, bfirkus said:

Would it be worth contacting Stanford to ask when they'll notify applicants?

It would be worth asking Stanford to inform you of a decision earlier because a deadline to accept is approaching. Additionally, it would be worth asking Columbia to extend their deadline so you can hopefully hear back from other programs. 

Hello fellow masters applicants, 

Field/Program: Chemistry 

Schools: York University (Canada)

Status: Interview with potential supervisor on 16/03/18. Willing to support my application. 

Question: Does an interview with a POI increase my chances of admission?. I am applying as an International applicant. 

On 3/14/2018 at 4:42 AM, Just Accept me Already said:

I've been waiting forever to hear back from the schools I interviewed for. It's been longer than a month for one of those schools and I'm really starting to lose hope. I know that not hearing back from them isn't a rejection, but it's definitely starting to feel like that. Should I email the director for an update or just continue to be patient?

I know how you feel, this is an agonizing process!