MPA/MPP Applications, Fall 2018 (Canada)

Just got accepted into MPP at UofT! Totally wasn't expecting them to send out e-mails on a Saturday so was pleasantly surprised. 

For those curious (I know I found it super helpful reading previous posts), I had a CGPA of 3.7 and final year GPA of 3.7. I did have a fair bit of internship experience having worked for the provincial government as well as the federal government. Financial award is 3k which honestly isn't that much considering the overall cost of the program. 

It's still quite a considerable opportunity cost vs working and getting more experience in gov, so we'll see.  

12 minutes ago, idkyet said:

Just got accepted into MPP at UofT! Totally wasn't expecting them to send out e-mails on a Saturday so was pleasantly surprised. 

For those curious (I know I found it super helpful reading previous posts), I had a CGPA of 3.7 and final year GPA of 3.7. I did have a fair bit of internship experience having worked for the provincial government as well as the federal government. Financial award is 3k which honestly isn't that much considering the overall cost of the program. 

It's still quite a considerable opportunity cost vs working and getting more experience in gov, so we'll see.  

Congratulations! When did you receive the email (i.e., around what time)? 
Edit: did your SGS and/or Acorn status change too?

Edited by mppmgaapplicant2018

7 minutes ago, idkyet said:

Thanks. Got it around 5pm. The application page changed to "decision made". Acorn I don't think there were any changes made. 

Thanks! I wonder if they've sent out all the first round of acceptances today. Going to double check with the admissions committee. 

19 hours ago, patel69 said:

Anyone heard anything from waterloo mps? Havent gotten anything and im getting worried...

I got accepted to Waterloo last year and they sent out acceptances REALLY late

On 10/03/2018 at 1:09 PM, phmasters said:

If you've taken econ in undergrad (like if you took a major or minor in econ) then it should be fine for you.  It's mostly the speed at which the course moves which makes it really challenging for people who don't have econ experience.  

Okay, that's good to know. Thanks! What did you do for funding throughout the program? Apparently UTAPS is only available for the 2nd year of the MPP program, and I'm not eligible for OSAP since I'm not from Ontario. Are there any other possible funding sources for the MPP?

For those who just got accepted to UofT MPP, did you guys get offered any funding? I was told that my funding would be assessed at a later time...

59 minutes ago, Pound Cake said:

Okay, that's good to know. Thanks! What did you do for funding throughout the program? Apparently UTAPS is only available for the 2nd year of the MPP program, and I'm not eligible for OSAP since I'm not from Ontario. Are there any other possible funding sources for the MPP?

For those who just got accepted to UofT MPP, did you guys get offered any funding? I was told that my funding would be assessed at a later time...

Just the 3K that's offered at the time of admission. Are there additional scholarships that we can expect from the school?

4 hours ago, mppmgaapplicant2018 said:

Just the 3K that's offered at the time of admission. Are there additional scholarships that we can expect from the school?

Don't think so. From what I've seen in past threads, 3k seems to be the standard amount of funding for students.

11 minutes ago, TOMPPA said:

Has anyone applied to the part-time Ryerson MPPA? If so, has anyone heard back yet? 

I applied for part-time as well and haven't heard anything. 

Apparently only 10 people get into the program as part-time, do you have any idea how many people apply?

Anyone else still waiting on Waterloo? I was told that all the offers would be out March 11 latest, but I still have not heard anything yet. I have a funded MA Poli Sci offer from another good school i'm holding onto, but I thought I had a really good shot at getting into the MPS program.