Fall 2018 Waitlist Thread

clinpsydreams2018

I think I was waitlisted at Brandeis...? I got an email asking if I would like to also be considered for their masters program though I applied for the PhD, and I declined, but I haven't heard anything else? Thoughts?

1 hour ago, RomedyMC said:

I am waitlisted at Ole Miss (LD), UMKC (MR) and Southern Miss Counseling (ML). I was wait-listed at UTK as well, but heard back immediately that CE's initial offer was accepted.

Fingers crossed. I really do not want to do this process again next year. :(

I feel your pain. UTK was my dream school. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am declining my offers to Johns Hopkins, University of Toronto, and McGill (unofficial). Also withdrew from Columbia waitlist.

Hope it helps someone! :)

2 years ago I was waitlisted and never made it off the list. This year I was in the same position again and didn't think the outcome would be any different, which was slightly disheartening. But today I got a phone call that I was accepted off the waitlist, and it made all the agony and waiting worth it. Sometimes you'll make it off the waitlist, sometimes you won't. But you just have to keep trying. Life is short and there's only so much time to do what you want to do. So if this is your passion and what you see yourself doing, don't give up! Keep fighting and pushing forward with the confidence that you are good enough!

9 hours ago, Becks_Psych said:

2 years ago I was waitlisted and never made it off the list. This year I was in the same position again and didn't think the outcome would be any different, which was slightly disheartening. But today I got a phone call that I was accepted off the waitlist, and it made all the agony and waiting worth it. Sometimes you'll make it off the waitlist, sometimes you won't. But you just have to keep trying. Life is short and there's only so much time to do what you want to do. So if this is your passion and what you see yourself doing, don't give up! Keep fighting and pushing forward with the confidence that you are good enough!

Congratulations! and thank you for sharing, it really is uplifting and motivating to hear these stories :) 

10 hours ago, Online ed said:

If I haven't heard anything, this means I was waitlisted? UBC-O Clinical.

I haven't heard from UBC either. Did you do interviews? Otherwise they seem like the place that just waits to reject everyone after spots are filled up and don't bother in the mean time. 

5 hours ago, CLin94 said:

How often is it appropriate to reach out to  a school you're waitlisted at?

I reached out 13 days ago. Can i reach out again today/tomorrow?

It probably depends.. when you contacted them last time, did they respond? What was their response like?