Genetic Counseling Fall 2019 Applicants

lilmaz

14 hours ago, gc applicant said:

Has anyone applied to and heard from Boston University or University of Pittsburgh? These school have early deadlines so I would've thought some communication would've been made by now.

I'm also waiting to hear back from both of those places! I was getting a little nervous, especially because Boston said they would send out invites by mid February. I hope we hear back soon!

1 hour ago, gc2019applicant said:

I'm also waiting to hear back from both of those places! I was getting a little nervous, especially because Boston said they would send out invites by mid February. I hope we hear back soon!

15 hours ago, gc applicant said:

Has anyone applied to and heard from Boston University or University of Pittsburgh? These school have early deadlines so I would've thought some communication would've been made by now.

BU sent out some interviews on Wednesday. Not sure if they are going in waves or not, based on last year they sent over a three day span. Pitt has slowly been sending invites out since January, so I bet they aren't done yet. 

Hi, I'm a first-time applicant to GC for the Fall 2019 intake for Canadian schools only. I haven't seen many posts for Canadian schools so far, I was wondering if anybody got an interview or rejection from schools like UBC? So far, I haven't heard anything yet and the status of my applications are "Submitted".

I looked into the dates for last year's interviews and it seems like usually the invites and decisions have been made by Feb 11/12 -- just starting to get a bit nervous since I haven't heard back!

Thanks guys!

47 minutes ago, whichwayisup said:

Hi, I'm a first-time applicant to GC for the Fall 2019 intake for Canadian schools only. I haven't seen many posts for Canadian schools so far, I was wondering if anybody got an interview or rejection from schools like UBC? So far, I haven't heard anything yet and the status of my applications are "Submitted".

I looked into the dates for last year's interviews and it seems like usually the invites and decisions have been made by Feb 11/12 -- just starting to get a bit nervous since I haven't heard back!

Thanks guys!

Some people have received interviews from UBC and Manitoba. I'm not sure if they send them out all at once or in waves, but good luck!

20 hours ago, whichwayisup said:

Thanks guys!

I haven't heard from UBC either but most got interview dates Feb 1, so I don't think it looks good :(

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lauz said:

Hello! Has anyone heard from McGill? Last year they sent interviews March 5th, so I’m thinking it might be today ???

Hi Lauz, I'm not sure if you're on the genetic counseling discord: https://discord.gg/y9hSAtH

There's a bunch of applicants and current students there and lots of information. Per what people have posted on there, McGill actually sent out some invites on 2/25, 5 people reported receiving an interview offer from them . I'm not sure if they're still sending out offers or not. Good luck!

10 hours ago, Lauz said:

Hello! Has anyone heard from McGill? Last year they sent interviews March 5th, so I’m thinking it might be today ???

Hi! I got an interview request from McGill on Feb 25. I hope you hear good news this week!

On 2/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, LissieRae said:

Hello! So I'm a first time applicant and I got an interview offer from Boise State and a rejection from University of Utah (those are the only schools I applied to). Anyone else doing interviews with either of those schools? 

I interviewed with Boise State, too. They left a great impression on me. 

On 2/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, LissieRae said:

Hello! So I'm a first time applicant and I got an interview offer from Boise State and a rejection from University of Utah (those are the only schools I applied to). Anyone else doing interviews with either of those schools? 

Boise State here as well! Did you already interview? Mine is Monday. Best of luck to you!