For those who were accepted, do you know what the timeline is for funding?

If you have been offered funding, would you mind sharing what they offered you?

I have been accepted into the MPH EPi/Biostats.

1 hour ago, rosemary__ said:

For those who were accepted, do you know what the timeline is for funding?

If you have been offered funding, would you mind sharing what they offered you?

I have been accepted into the MPH EPi/Biostats.

I was accepted into the same program!!! I received my official letter for admissions online and it said the funding email should come in a separate one. I would like to know of the timeline too. I will definitely PM you about funding once I hear from them!

On 3/12/2018 at 2:15 PM, Tinaway said:

I didn't manage to get into Berkley's MPH but was accepted into Harvards. 

Any chance to know more about your background? I am a Canadian resident but always tossing the idea around to apply to the states...Also, congratulations!

Hey guys, I spoke with someone at Berkeley today. Here is what I got: They DEFINITELY will not give anyone work study/loan offers until after you accept your admissions. They will DECIDE funding for scholarships next week, so I think that means offers might trickle out into the week after. After 366 days in California, some students are actually able to establish California residency and get in-state tuition for the second year. Also, while not everyone can get a GSI/GSR, they are available. GSR positions come with variable funding-- they can have different levels of stipends and tuition remission depending on the research project but are typically more lucrative for students. GSI positions tend to have a higher stipend but cover less in regards to tuition and fees (for example, they don't cover all of the fees, the professional or out of state supplemental tuition costs). Finally, you are eligible for tuition remission at just 10 hours per week of work!

17 minutes ago, rosemary__ said:

Hey guys, I spoke with someone at Berkeley today. Here is what I got: They DEFINITELY will not give anyone work study/loan offers until after you accept your admissions. They will DECIDE funding for scholarships next week, so I think that means offers might trickle out into the week after. After 366 days in California, some students are actually able to establish California residency and get in-state tuition for the second year. Also, while not everyone can get a GSI/GSR, they are available. GSR positions come with variable funding-- they can have different levels of stipends and tuition remission depending on the research project but are typically more lucrative for students. GSI positions tend to have a higher stipend but cover less in regards to tuition and fees (for example, they don't cover all of the fees, the professional or out of state supplemental tuition costs). Finally, you are eligible for tuition remission at just 10 hours per week of work!

Thank you for this information! While I am ecstatic I got into the program, I am really concerned about how funding (or lack there of). I won't be able to attend their admitted students day, so I am hoping to get in touch with an alum and/or current student to help with my decision making process. Are you going?

25 minutes ago, NotSoPatientlyWaiting2018 said:

Thank you for this information! While I am ecstatic I got into the program, I am really concerned about how funding (or lack there of). I won't be able to attend their admitted students day, so I am hoping to get in touch with an alum and/or current student to help with my decision making process. Are you going?

Unfortunately not. I live on the other side of the country and just cannot afford the cost of crossing the country. However, I was told they will be live streaming the first half of the admitted student's day on Monday, and that we will get information about how to access that video tomorrow.