Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

I am a prospective graduate student for the School of Public Health at UC Berkeley ( Cal ). I am still waiting for an acceptance letter. I'm Speaking Acceptance Into Existence (i.e my user name :lol:) Have you been accepted, rejected, still waiting? Any news on when your department will release decision letters? Lets Discuss! <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I have applied to Health Policy-Population sciences. Haven't heard back from them yet. I did write to the POI last week but no response :(

Which course are you waiting for the acceptances from? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 5:00 AM, ghint said:

Hello! I have applied to Health Policy-Population sciences. Haven't heard back from them yet. I did write to the POI last week but no response :(

Which course are you waiting for the acceptances from? :)

I'm waiting for admissions into the Health and Social Behavior option. I heard we would find out mid february, early march.  What is POI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard anything yet either. I applied to the Maternal & Child Health Program. I was also told mid-February to early March, via the email sent out from Admissions when they verified my application. A friend applied to UCSF MEPN program, and heard yesterday she didn't get in :-( Good luck, everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nma2018 said:

I got into Berkeley's DrPH program today!

Now I am wondering about funding...anyone else heard back today?

 Congrats! Did you get an email? I applied but haven't heard anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2018 at 11:29 AM, nma2018 said:

I got into Berkeley's DrPH program today!

Now I am wondering about funding...anyone else heard back today?

Congratulations!! I'm sooooooooo happy for you!

I haven't heard anything yet. Still waiting. 

I heard the admissions committee connects you with fellowships based off of your personal statement and statement of purpose. I wonder when admitted students receive an award letter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SpeakItInto Existence said:

Congratulations!! I'm sooooooooo happy for you!

I haven't heard anything yet. Still waiting. 

I heard the admissions committee connects you with fellowships based off of your personal statement and statement of purpose. I wonder when admitted students receive an award letter. 

Thank you!

And wow, that would be awesome. I’m still waiting to hear back from other schools but I’m still in a daze as I didn’t expect to get into Berkeley. Which program are you waiting to hear back from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2018 at 7:38 PM, nma2018 said:

Thank you!

And wow, that would be awesome. I’m still waiting to hear back from other schools but I’m still in a daze as I didn’t expect to get into Berkeley. Which program are you waiting to hear back from?

 

I applied to the MPH Health and Social Behavior program. They said we would be notified by email but I'm wondering if we'll get a letter in the mail as well. That would be super awesome! I saw the undergraduate acceptance letter on twitter and I loved it! what other schools did you apply to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SpeakItInto Existence said:

 

I applied to the MPH Health and Social Behavior program. They said we would be notified by email but I'm wondering if we'll get a letter in the mail as well. That would be super awesome! I saw the undergraduate acceptance letter on twitter and I loved it! what other schools did you apply to?

Best of luck! Interestingly the program you're applying to is the same program I was drawn to back when I was pursuing my MPH. I couldn't get my application together in time, though. I guess this is my redemption or something?? :)

I got my official letter of acceptance by email last night and another letter regarding funding (if eligible) will arrive later. I live in NYC so I mainly applied to doctorate programs around here, so I definitely have a tough choice to make. I honestly did not think I would get into Berkeley. I hope you receive good news soon!!!

Edited by nma2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a long-time lurker but finally decided to finally create an account!! I was recommended for admission to Berkeley Epi and Biostats about a week ago...I also wonder if we'll be receiving anything in the mail? That would be super cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 2:00 PM, Oski said:

I've been a long-time lurker but finally decided to finally create an account!! I was recommended for admission to Berkeley Epi and Biostats about a week ago...I also wonder if we'll be receiving anything in the mail? That would be super cool!

Congrats on the recommendation!

 

So what happens next? Does the Epidemiology & BioStatistics program automatically accept you?  Or are there additional steps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2018 at 7:49 AM, Noodlette said:

I haven't heard anything yet either. I applied to the Maternal & Child Health Program. I was also told mid-February to early March, via the email sent out from Admissions when they verified my application. A friend applied to UCSF MEPN program, and heard yesterday she didn't get in :-( Good luck, everyone!

 

On 2/14/2018 at 5:00 AM, ghint said:

Hello! I have applied to Health Policy-Population sciences. Haven't heard back from them yet. I did write to the POI last week but no response :(

Which course are you waiting for the acceptances from? :)

 

I still haven't heard back from the Health and Social Behavior program. Have either of you heard anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 3:00 PM, SpeakItInto Existence said:

So what happens next? Does the Epidemiology & BioStatistics program automatically accept you?  Or are there additional steps?

After the departmental recommendation, your file goes to Berkeley's Graduate Division for final review for admission. For me last year, there were 10 days in between getting the departmental recommendation and the official acceptance from Berkeley. Nothing official came in the mail, but I did get an email and phone call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpeakItInto Existence said:

@DRPH Hopeful, MSW , Our friend @NotSoPatientlyWaiting2018 got accepted into a doctoral program at Berkeley. Did you have to interview @NotSoPatientlyWaiting2018?

Hi,

I did not interview. I hope it’s good news for you soon. FYI their accepted doctoral students day is 3/19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 3:00 PM, SpeakItInto Existence said:

Congrats on the recommendation!

 

So what happens next? Does the Epidemiology & BioStatistics program automatically accept you?  Or are there additional steps?

THANK YOU!!! I think I'm automatically admitted and once I accept then I'm good to go! 

Edited by Oski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.