Here Comes the Sun/ Waitlist Movements

11 minutes ago, mandelbulb said:

i was waitlisted at Oregon State -- i think i was like third, and i was ultimately admitted. i later asked the DGS about it and i was told that it was really more about securing funding :) so this is good news! just hold tight 

Thank you for this!  I'm pretty hopeful right now.  

The coolest thing (besides the validation, of course) is that my favorite classmate from undergrad also got waitlisted there.  It would be beyond awesome to have classes with her again!

12 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Thank you for this!  I'm pretty hopeful right now.  

The coolest thing (besides the validation, of course) is that my favorite classmate from undergrad also got waitlisted there.  It would be beyond awesome to have classes with her again!

Same here—I was waitlisted and admitted a few weeks later.

2 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

Waitlisted for Oregon state's MA.

I guess my application isn't total trash after all ?

Congrats! This is great news!

4 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

Waitlisted for Oregon state's MA.

I guess my application isn't total trash after all ?

Also wait listed for Oregon State! Had the exact same thought of feeling relieved that I hadn't said something totally heretical in my application to get me black balled everywhere, ha! Feels good to get some positive news. Congrats!

6 minutes ago, fortschritt22 said:

Also wait listed for Oregon State! Had the exact same thought of feeling relieved that I hadn't said something totally heretical in my application to get me black balled everywhere, ha! Feels good to get some positive news. Congrats!

Same to you!

Hello all! 

I've been frantically lurking for weeks but found out today I have been waitlisted at Saint Louis University.  I have only applied there and WUSTL, as I'm married with a family and can't relocate any time soon due to my husband's career.  Still waiting to hear from WUSTL, but the email from SLU was very positive and encouraging.  Fingers crossed a spot opens up somewhere for me!  

Hi all, I'm currently waitlisted at UT Austin for their Rhetoric/DLL concentration. This is my top choice so fingers crossed for some movement *ahhhh*!! I applied several other places (haven't heard back from them yet), but staying in Texas is really important/necessary for me, so I'm holding on to the hope that a spot opens up!

Posting a little late, but I heard a little while ago that I'm waitlisted at UT Austin for the English PhD. Really wish I knew where I am on the list (and would love to hear from anyone who has info about the UT list!) but I think I probably shouldn't ask about that so early. I'm getting worried that it may be the best news I'm receiving this spring after this first week or so of rejections and implied rejections. Still, plenty of time to go! And I would be absolutely thrilled to be at UT.

UIUC, Vanderbilt, Emory, UPenn, Columbia, Stanford, Duke, Yale, Harvard, Michigan, NYU, Columbia, UGA, UNC, Boston College, UT Austin 

Rejected  Implied Rejection  Waitlisted  Interview  Accepted 

Waitlisted at Harvard for Comparative Literature PhD.

It would've been nice to get some concrete news :( But I also know then I'll party when I actually have to graduate before I go to grad school... LOL 

Edited by dartdoc

54 minutes ago, thismortalcoil said:

Just got a lovely email from my POI at Stanford... The English cohort is apparently even smaller this year than previous years! Hopefully the waitlist moves some.

I'm wondering if schools across the board are moving towards smaller cohorts in response to the job market? I showed a current grad student (in a social science field) my acceptance letter to get feedback on funding and his first response was  "The warning about the job market was not included in my acceptance letters"