Here Comes the Sun/ Waitlist Movements

3 minutes ago, arbie said:

Accepted off the waitlist at UW Madison!!

Movement is real!!!! Yay!!!! I feel like you especially deserve this b/c you are so good about declining and this is good waitlist karma!!!

Does it knock out any other choices for you?? I wonder if you get off the waitlist this early if you can visit/do you have time to visit? 

2 hours ago, sugilite said:

Movement is real!!!! Yay!!!! I feel like you especially deserve this b/c you are so good about declining and this is good waitlist karma!!!

Does it knock out any other choices for you?? I wonder if you get off the waitlist this early if you can visit/do you have time to visit? 

Thank you so much! That’s so kind of you to say!

I can visit, though I am not sure if I can make it work with my job. I have given myself until Friday to make a final decision, so will definitely say more definitively what I’m doing then! 

Hey Folx,

I haven't seen anyone mention if they are turning down UC Davis. Looking to see the likelihood of getting off the wait list here. 

Thanks!

Tp

I have a question for waitlisters. Did any of you that were accepted off the waitlist have trouble communicating with the program but still were accepted? I went to the BU visit and it was great. It seemed that a lot of the waitlisted students were able to talk to their POI's beforehand or something of the sort. I, however, never seem to get any responses. I've emailed a few different people about my interests and not so much as an acknowledgement. Could they perhaps be busy? Am I overthinking? Or should I expect that due to this lack of communication, I probably won't be pulled off the waitlist? 

34 minutes ago, Nanjin said:

I'm on SVA MFA Design's waitlist and I'm curious if anyone is considering not attending SVA? 

Hey there! This is a thread specifically for English Lit students. There may be another thread on gradcafe that is more aligned to your program!

1 hour ago, illcounsel said:

Hey there! This is a thread specifically for English Lit students. There may be another thread on gradcafe that is more aligned to your program!

Oh Sorry!!!

I just realized the 15th is a Monday. This means the expected top movement days will be on a weekend so who knows if offers will circulate quickly. I would really just like some closure at this point.

Edited by WildeThing

anyone else feeling at least a little nauseous at all times as we enter the last week of waiting here? if not, that’s cool, I’m nauseous enough for all of us! it’s gonna be a loooong week

(for the UVA waitlist crew: I heard movement is expected “early” this week, fwiw)

Just received an offer off the waitlist from Johns Hopkins! Time for the difficult deliberations that some part of me wished would never be necessary. Still, not complaining; I feel unbelievably fortunate to have this choice that needs making. 

4 minutes ago, adornianjazz said:

Just received an offer off the waitlist from Johns Hopkins! Time for the difficult deliberations that some part of me wished would never be necessary. Still, not complaining; I feel unbelievably fortunate to have this choice that needs making. 

Wow, you are the poster child for waitlist movement!! Are you going to be able to visit Johns Hopkins? 

30 minutes ago, sugilite said:

Wow, you are the poster child for waitlist movement!! Are you going to be able to visit Johns Hopkins? 

Haha, thank you! I actually visited back at the end of February (not the official visit; threw together an unofficial one, just in case this exact thing happened), and based on the faculty and students I met, the campus, the city, the funding, and so on, I think that they are currently my top choice. But it's a pretty close tie, especially with UVA and NYU, so if I get off either of those waitlists, well, who knows?

7 hours ago, amphilanthus said:

(for the UVA waitlist crew: I heard movement is expected “early” this week, fwiw)

What makes you think this? I would love if this were true but I’m not particularly hopeful of hearing back before Monday.

13 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

What makes you think this? I would love if this were true but I’m not particularly hopeful of hearing back before Monday.

I was told this by the DGS - early was his word, not mine! might not end up being the case but I want to believe.

18 minutes ago, beardedlady said:

Withdrew from the GWU waitlist.

Crossing my fingers for movement this week for all you waitlisted out there!

Do you know if you were on the shortlist or longlist? Thanks for letting us know!

1 minute ago, WildeThing said:

Do you know if you were on the shortlist or longlist? Thanks for letting us know!

From the fact that they told me it's unranked, I'd venture the longlist. I don't think removing myself will be much help to you, but I hope some good news will come your way soon!

15 minutes ago, sidmeier said:

anyone have any info about the maryland waitlist at this stage?

I’m still on it as well! Just asked for an update and hopefully will have by end of week. The waitlist is organized by interest, so if someone with your interests declines, there could be movement. Good luck xx