Skowhegan 2018

triangles321

12 minutes ago, Paintingal said:

4th time being rejected in 9 years for me. Yeah, hope you will get the good news email!!

I read about someone who got admitted the 5th time. Keep at it Paintingal!!! 

Edited by Blue-latte

and yeah, i agree with @jor that the rejection letter was really kind....

maybe skowhegan is learning?

so many mixed feelings right now... in a way i feel really sad about getting rejected for a fourth time, but at the same time, i don't know...

maybe one shouldn't have to try to hard to be accepted inside a place that doesn't want you? maybe it was just my artwork. who knows, you know? who knows

but maybe it is already an indicator of a toxic thing if a famous and funded organization thinks it is cool to make its applicants wait 6 months for notification, then expect its applications to quickly find the money to attend its residency (like if you don't get a scholarship to cover the 4k fee or have the privilege of coming from a matching school), and then expect all your applicants to figure out life stuff on such a short notice... it just doesn't feel generous to the applicants at all... and actually pretty insane

maybe skowhegan is really only for young, rich art kids right out of their bfas or mfas that come from the right schools, and who know the right people, and have the right cv's, got that right persona, and who don't have families to attend to yet, don't have jobs they can't just leave at the drop of a hat, and basically don't come from complicated life circumstances? 

yeah.... i don't know...

sorry i'm just spilling all this stuff out... i'm just feeling suspicious of the whole thing... and just bummed as i sit back and look at the whole thing playing out before me...

Skowhegan has been known to release rejections in order of application submissions. In that logic, I should've received my rejection letter today with all the other early applicants. I'm still not feeling too optimistic about my chances. 

@triangles321 where you notified today or yesterday? 

21 minutes ago, triangles321 said:

yesterday afternoon. i also applied pretty early so looks like the rejection order is following a numerical roll-out...

I applied late and got it yesterday. They might be following alphabetical order. 

39 minutes ago, Zander said:

I SCREAMED when I read my acceptance letter! This is my first time applying, so shocked right now! It was a really nice letter they typed up! 

Congratulations! Man, I was so happy for you that I had to do password recovery just to post this!