Jump to content
Karessala

BERKELEY MSW FALL 18

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Karessala said:

Hello everyone!

 

I wanted to start a chat about admissions. Has anyone received information on when we are supposed to find out about if we got in or not?

Not yet! Hopefully soon..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their website says all graduate programs will have a decision by March 15. Another thread said that Berkeley’s MSW program finished interviews Feb 1 and last year it was March 1, so decisions could go or any day now??? I don’t know what that means though. I know berkeley doesn’t interview all applicants or even all admits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Berkeley gives out scholarships? And if they do, do they inform you when you get your decision or sometime afterwards? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I am also waiting for UCB MSW program, I interviewed 1/31 for title IV-e stipend. You only interviewed if you applied for title IV-e. They told my friends who also interviewed that we could find out as early as two weeks which would have been last week and nothing so far. 

 

i was told they would know earlier this year and they completed interviews earlier, I hope we hear in the next two weeks! 

Ive been accepted into CSUEB and will accept while I continue waiting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lost686girl said:

Does anyone know if Berkeley gives out scholarships? And if they do, do they inform you when you get your decision or sometime afterwards? 

According to the admission page every new student is considered for any open fellowships/scholarships. 2nd year you’d have to apply I believe. 

 

If i am accepted I am a banking on title IV-e, savings and a small loan. Ideally if I was offered a scholarship additional to title IV-e i wouldn’t need a loan. However, I was told title IV-e is one of the larger “scholarships/stipends” so I might not be eligible for any other if offered title IV-e.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ChicanaMSW2018 said:

Hi everyone! I am also waiting for UCB MSW program, I interviewed 1/31 for title IV-e stipend. You only interviewed if you applied for title IV-e. They told my friends who also interviewed that we could find out as early as two weeks which would have been last week and nothing so far. 

 

i was told they would know earlier this year and they completed interviews earlier, I hope we hear in the next two weeks! 

Ive been accepted into CSUEB and will accept while I continue waiting. 

i wonder if UCB sends out admission decisions at the same time for all concentrations? i applied for MAP. 

 

31 minutes ago, ChicanaMSW2018 said:

According to the admission page every new student is considered for any open fellowships/scholarships. 2nd year you’d have to apply I believe. 

 

If i am accepted I am a banking on title IV-e, savings and a small loan. Ideally if I was offered a scholarship additional to title IV-e i wouldn’t need a loan. However, I was told title IV-e is one of the larger “scholarships/stipends” so I might not be eligible for any other if offered title IV-e.

thanks for this information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

57 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

i wonder if UCB sends out admission decisions at the same time for all concentrations? i applied for MAP. 

 

thanks for this information!

I am not sure, but I would imagine they would have all decisions made soon! 

 

The anxiety of waiting alone is overwhelming, I check my email, this post, FB groups all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have been waiting to hear from UCB. I'm a little doubtful of getting into the school, but I thought I would never know if I got in unless I tried. I applied to the aging program. Still waiting for a response or just anything...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ChicanaMSW2018 said:

Is anyone else hopeful that today being 3/1 we might hear something? Call it optimism or naïveté. 

Seriously hoping, but trying not to get too excited since most people last year seemed to hear on March 15th exactly...UGHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MSW_bound2018 said:

Seriously hoping, but trying not to get too excited since most people last year seemed to hear on March 15th exactly...UGHH

 

1 hour ago, lost686girl said:

Last year it was around March 15, but in 2016 it was March 11 ??

I cant help but be optimistic lol!  I am applied for the Children and families concentration as well as Title IV-e, which required interviews. We were  informed at the interview that they wanted to let us know earlier this eyear which is why they completed interviews earlier. I know it’s a long shot! I’m just thankful to have made it to March! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ChicanaMSW2018 said:

 

I cant help but be optimistic lol!  I am applied for the Children and families concentration as well as Title IV-e, which required interviews. We were  informed at the interview that they wanted to let us know earlier this eyear which is why they completed interviews earlier. I know it’s a long shot! I’m just thankful to have made it to March! 

Oh! I did the traditional 2 year program, so you’ll probably hear back sooner! Get pumped, you’re almost there!!! Hoping you’ll hear today!!!???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MSW_bound2018 said:

Oh! I did the traditional 2 year program, so you’ll probably hear back sooner! Get pumped, you’re almost there!!! Hoping you’ll hear today!!!???

Thank you for your shared optimism! Lol

Am I correct that you  applied to the children and family services but no title IV-e?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChicanaMSW2018 said:

I know it’s a long shot! I’m just thankful to have made it to March! 

i too am surprised i lasted all the way to march for a decison...my patience ran out sometime back in january lol. i'm crossing my fingers that we will hear by next friday as it seems like they usually go out on fridays??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

i too am surprised i lasted all the way to march for a decison...my patience ran out sometime back in january lol. i'm crossing my fingers that we will hear by next friday as it seems like they usually go out on fridays??

 Yes it feels like it’s been forever but it’s also been a huge blur LOL. What concentration did you apply for? I’m sure you’ve answered this plenty of times before on here ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, lost686girl said:

@ChicanaMSW2018 I applied to the MAP concentration which I understand is pretty selective; my hopes aren’t high but I thought I’d give it a shot!! 

 Wishing you all the best as well, if we don’t try we will never know. I called UCB grad admissions today and they said they would let us know as soon as possible at the latest March 15 which doesn’t really sound very helpful at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got in! Anyone else hear??

Edited by AHabG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, AHabG said:

I got in! 

Congratulations ??!! I am sure you are over the moon! 

Would you mind sharing what concentration you were accepted for? Title IV-E?  

On a MSW UC/CSU FB page 2 people recieved notices of being waitlisted for UCB’s MSW program, (1 was title IV-e the other was not) today 3/6/2018 it appeared around 11:20am.  

Please post if you hear anything. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.